Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

RUSH will finally be inducted

BiffSplitkins

Check the thermostat in hell -- it appears to have dropped below 32 degrees: Long-snubbed Canadian progressive-rock trio Rush will at long last be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame next year, along with Randy Newman, Public Enemy, Donna Summer, Heart and Albert King.

Rush’s absence from the Rock Hall year in and year out has spurred more complaints from fans than any other uninducted act, but Rush fans can now change their jeers to cheers. Rush and the other new inductees will be welcomed into the Rock Hall on April 18 in a ceremony that will take place for the first time in Los Angeles at the Nokia Theatre.

READ MORE

I'm still not happy that Randy Newman is going in while Deep Purple is shunned though.

• Like 1

I'm thinking they need to change the name to "Famous People Hall of Fame", it's no longer about rock and roll.

I think once they realized that they could capitalize on adding rappers and R&B folks, that's when the Hall lost it's 'Rock n Roll' Fame to me.

I'm still glad to see Rush be a part of it though. :tu:

• Like 1

Good! I always liked them, but even if I didn't, you can't deny the mark they've had on music really.

• Like 1

Don't get me started about the Moody Blues either...

I saw them in concert in the '90's at an amphitheater. It was a beautiful, clear evening, and during the solo of Night's In White Satin, you could hear a pin drop.

I get chills thinking about it.

It stands as the most enjoyable concert I've ever been to.

• Like 1

Rush and Heart inducted! Both bands have been repeatedly subbed over the years and both deserve it big time.

Every good rocker I know like Public Enemy... while I don't necessarily concider them rock and think there are other rock bands NOT in there that deserve their place, I kind of sort of get them... but definitely NOT Randy Newman. Don't get that at all... or Donna Summer to be honest.

Next on the agenda, let's get Deep Purple and Yes inducted please.

• Like 3

It's about time Rush got in!!!

I've seen them in concert at least a half a dozen times beginning in 1980 at the Cow Palace in San Francisco.

I also own all of their album's.

There does need to be a revision on how inductees are picked though. Do they just draw them from a hat?

They were my very first rock concert in 1985! I like them a lot when I was about 13 years old. I had Permanant Waves, Signals, and Exit Stage Left on cassette. I kind of lost interest in the late 80's.

I heard some sound samples of their 2012 album and it sounded more interesting than most newer bands. Not bad for a bunch of guys who released their first album around 1970 or so.

And Heart definitley deserved it as well. Their first album Dreamboat Annie was great and was released in 1976. I only hope to look as good as these women do now!

They were my very first rock concert in 1985! I like them a lot when I was about 13 years old. I had Permanant Waves, Signals, and Exit Stage Left on cassette. I kind of lost interest in the late 80's.

My first concert was Styx in January of 1980 followed by Rush in March of 1980 for their Permanent Waves tour.

I heard some sound samples of their 2012 album and it sounded more interesting than most newer bands. Not bad for a bunch of guys who released their first album around 1970 or so.

1976's 2112 was the album (Their fourth studio album) that got me heavily interested in Rush. Back then we had sound systems that were separates, meaning an amplifier, a tuner, a turntable, a cassette deck and an EQ all in their own separate cases, of course finished off with 5' tall ported speaker cabinets with 18" bass speakers in them. I used to blast the music when my parents weren't home.....ah, the good old days. Nowadays everything seems to be crappy .mp3s.

Rush's first album came out in 1974 BTW.

And Heart definitley deserved it as well. Their first album Dreamboat Annie was great and was released in 1976. I only hope to look as good as these women do now!

Yes, Heart put out some great music!

I remember when Rush released "Moving Pictures". That album never went back in the cover for months, it became a permanent fixture on my turntable.

All three of them are outstanding musicians and humans.

Each of them deserve an honorary doctorate in music.

I hope we continue to hear from them for years to come.

They're a class act!

• Like 1

1976's 2112 was the album (Their fourth studio album) that got me heavily interested in Rush.

Strange story. There was a distant cousin (by marriage) of mine who had 2112 as a vinyl record and played it for me. He was about 14-15 and I was about 9-10 at the time. We lost contact. A few years later, I found out he had committed suicide with a gun. Maybe that's why lost interest in Rush because it was uncomfortable to think about it all.

I must be getting senile - I had Moving Pictures on cassette as well. So that was a total of 4 albums I had.

Strange story. There was a distant cousin (by marriage) of mine who had 2112 as a vinyl record and played it for me. He was about 14-15 and I was about 9-10 at the time. We lost contact. A few years later, I found out he had committed suicide with a gun. Maybe that's why lost interest in Rush because it was uncomfortable to think about it all.

I must be getting senile - I had Moving Pictures on cassette as well. So that was a total of 4 albums I had.

Sorry to hear that! I've known two people (Not related) that have committed suicide, one with a gun and one that hung himself.

Moving Pictures was one of Rush's best!

I'm watching a Rush Documentary on VH1 right now.

1980 I saw their Permanent Waves tour at the Spectrum, and a decade later their Roll The Bones tour.

Rush are masters of their craft.

Why they're inducting Public Enemy into the ROCK AND ROLL Hall of Fame completely ******* beats me.

Yes and King Crimson need to be in, not Flavor Crack-Addict.

Edited by Drayno

Moving Pictures was one of Rush's best!

That was the first 'Real' concert I went to see in a stadium. Rush, on their 'Moving Pictures' tour at the Carrier Dome in Syracuse. Jon Butcher Axis opened the show and I remember it just like it was yesterday. :D

Check the thermostat in hell -- it appears to have dropped below 32 degrees: Long-snubbed Canadian progressive-rock trio Rush will at long last be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame next year, along with Randy Newman, Public Enemy, Donna Summer, Heart and Albert King.

Not rock! I will let Albert King slide, but the rest of you ... *points to door* ... out!

• Like 1