Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Female fish attracted to gay males

Still Waters

Researchers discovered a tropical male fish that becomes more attractive to females when it displays homosexual behaviour.

Scientists believe homosexuality is widespread throughout the animal kingdom. But it can be puzzling since males that prefer same sex relations father fewer offspring than their heterosexual counterparts.

Research has shown the female Atlantic molly (Poecilia mexicana) prefer mating partners whom they saw having sex with a female - a phenomenon called mate copying.

http://www.telegraph...-behaviour.html

There's a breed of cuttlefish that do this as well.

Smaller males do it,as they cannot beat the larger males in a fight ,so they woo the females this way,and sneak in to mate,right under the larger males nose.

i have these fish, you have to have 3 females for every male. they are the most broody fish ever, how do you tell if a fish is gay lmao

i have these fish, you have to have 3 females for every male. they are the most broody fish ever, how do you tell if a fish is gay lmao

I've bred them successfully . They're horny buggers,and fight other males on sight .

I've successfully kept males in one tank,if one male is a giant betta ,and one is rather small ,and I have tons of foliage to hide i

I've done tanks of just females with guppies.

I think of them like peacocks .The male is the flamboyant one .

• Like 1

I think it happens with human females too. Never go out hunting women with a gay friend, the women will walk right past you and hit on your gay friend everytime.