Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Playboy ( Gene and Debbe )

Ghostdancer

Anyone here old enough to remember the song Playboy by Gene and Debbe, from the late 60's? (It's on YouTube)

Understand that Gene Thomas passed away in August. Know that he continued on as a song writer, but wonder whatever became of Debbe Neville. Again, this is one of those great songs from that era that's pretty much forgotten now. Recall back in the 8th grade when these two girls sang this song during a talent show with the record playing in the background, kind of like a forerunner to karaoke.

Edited by Ghostdancer

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ghostdancer

• Taun

• Sakari

• Hasina

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder who else will click on this thread thinking, 'That Playboy? <.< >.>'

:st

I wonder who else will click on this thread thinking, 'That Playboy? <.< >.>'

:st

I was wondering myself how many think that I'm referring to the magazine. Was going to edit on the title, but see that's already been attended to. As for the song it's possible that no one here is familiar with it as it is a minor hit from 1968.

I do remember the song LOL

The year it was a hit these two girls sang this song at the school talent show. They did so as the record was played in the background. Kind of a forerunner to Karaoke.

I did a google search on Debbe and other than her time with Gene, and her attempting a solo career in the late 60's... pfffft nothing....

I do remember that song though...

Edited by Taun

I did a google search on Debbe and other than her time with Gene, and her attempting a solo career in the late 60's... pfffft nothing....

I do remember that song though...

Their genre was actually country and western, I never would have known that as they did this as a pop song. Guess that Gene was well known in Nashville as a song writer.

Their genre was actually country and western, I never would have known that as they did this as a pop song. Guess that Gene was well known in Nashville as a song writer.

They were one of the first 'crossover' groups from C&W to R&R/Pop (or vice-versa)... Glen Campbell was another...