Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Red Killer Birdcage of Doom

mAxSeeman

Alright, so last night I fell into a deep slumber at around 11:50 and even experienced a dream during this short time. However, I randomly woke up at 12:30ish and the manner in which it happened was a little unnatural, as if someone or something was waking me up on purpose. When I opened my eyes, my attention was immediately drawn to the ceiling, where I saw this weird red cagelike transparent entity floating near my ceiling. This red cage started to float towards me and stopped once it was right above my head, where it then disappeared into the ceiling. I don't know what it was but it certainly had me stunned in fear and it looked sorta like this http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3030/2448860111_6ee41e5a47.jpg minus the chain and lock. Does anyone on here know what I had experienced?

Sleep Paralysis? If not that then a hallucination and I have them frequently enough.

I once saw a floating black handkerchief in front of me on my bed, moving as if someone was shaking it...and then there was the giant bee and spider with a human face.

........mmmm,a red cage .

Not good . I would smudge the house with sage and holy water ,tell it to leave .

• Like 1

Not good . I would smudge the house with sage and holy water ,tell it to leave .

I'm assuming you believe this to be a sign of a evil spirit dwelling at my household at the moment? You are freaking me out brah. :X

Edited by mAxSeeman

Seriously?

I'm assuming you believe this to be a sign of a evil spirit dwelling at my household at the moment? You are freaking me out brah. :X

Red is usually demonic . Red eyes .Red cage makes me think it wants to trap you somehow . I wouldn't be glib ,if I had seen this.Put it to you that way .

And hey,you asked . That's my opinion .

Red is usually demonic . Red eyes .Red cage makes me think it wants to trap you somehow . I wouldn't be glib ,if I had seen this.Put it to you that way .

And hey,you asked . That's my opinion .

So, should I try contacting the spirit/demon and tell it to go away or what?

• 2 weeks later...

Don't know, but it's one awesome thread title.

My thought exactly! :P

• 2 years later...

So, the "red killer birdcage of doom" has finally returned! On a more serious note, last night I had the same exact thing happen to me while i was sleeping. I was dreaming when I suddenly felt this "presence" in my room that was trying to wake me up (at least that's what i felt like), so I eventually open my eyes and see the same exact thing floating above my bed. Well, I should add that it looked a little different this time, and I guess I was actually wrong about it looking like a bird cage last time. Basically, it looked more like a red octopus that was waving around its tentacles this time around, and I think the reason why i thought it looked ike a bird cage last time was because it wasn't moving its tentacles. Anyway, i start to freak out and pull the covers over my head in hopes of it leaving (very infantile, i know lol). So after a few minutes I eventually pull off the covers and see that it disappeared.

Anyway, what do you guys think this is? It makes the case all the more weird now that it had happened twice. I've heard of people waking up to seeing shadow people or some other weird creatures standing over their beds before, but never a red octopus looking thing. lol

Well, that's different.

I should also add that it made no audible sound. No buzzing, no "oz effect", can't really say I observed anything out of the ordinary other than the visuals of the red octopus-like figure itself. If this was just a hallucination, then it's kinda weird how i hallucinated the same exact thing twice already. Not to mention that there was a rather large time gap between the two appearances (about 3 years). What interests me the most is how, whatever it is, it seems to "force" me to wake up. Is this something commonly experienced by people who wake up to see shadow figures and what not?

It was likely a hallucination brought on from a semi-lucid state upon waking up. Or, you were not really awake and you dreamed the whole thing. Dreams can be very convincing sometimes; I know that I have had dreams that were difficult, in the moment, to separate from reality.

If it happens again or begins to regularly reoccur, talk to a doctor or psychologist. They can likely shed more light onto the cause of the situation than we can.

It was likely a hallucination brought on from a semi-lucid state upon waking up.

I'm leaning more towards that being the case here, since I did run out of the room immediately after the "red octopus" disappeared during the first encounter. I'm pretty sure i was wide awake for that one because I had witnesses. lol