Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Garage Bands

Ghostdancer

My topic on Gene and Debbe has me also wondering how many of you here remember those so called "garage bands" from the 1960's such as the Count Five and the Syndicate of Sound? While these bands had only one, maybe two hits and then faded into obscurity those were and still are among my faves from that period.

Here in Tucson there was a local band known as the Dearly Beloved. Don't think they were very well known outside of this area, but may have had the lead singer not have been killed in an auto accident.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ghostdancer

• MissMelsWell

• StarMountainKid

• Funky Poacher

The Sir Douglas Quintet does come to mind here with regards to Texas, don't know if they fit into the category of garage band though.

I don't know much 60s garage bands, but due to I was big a fan of ZZ Top, I had the opportunity to know old american rock bands. While I was looking into the history of zz top, I ran into some garage bands in texas psychedelic music, here are some names like Zakary Thaks

http://texasbluesroa...xas-psychedelia

maybe you might like those ;)

extra a nice sample from garage bands of Texas

Also in garage music of today there is a cool band from Switzerland: The Monsters. I hope you like this band ;)

[media=]

The one at the top, that seems to have a rather familiar ring to it, not familiar with the Swiss band.

The Sonics: Totally garage and proto-punk! Love these guys, going to see them in February!

Paul Revere and the Raiders -- Saw them at Louie Louie Fest in Tacoma last summer... I danced... a lot. LOL

Back in the day there was a band playing in at least one garage in every block in every town. Now it's hard to find a music store anywhere.

Great thread!!

[media=]

Edited by Aramis

Great thread!!

[media=]

Let's Talk About Girls. That song was done originally by Tucson's Dearly Beloved.

Edited by Ghostdancer

This was Dearly Beloved's signature song. They even thought it sounded silly at first and didn't want to record it. One of them later played in Linda Ronstadt's Stone Pony's. Edited by Ghostdancer