Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Spain drops US troops from parade

Talon

Well, I guess they've done a less than exemplary job or it wouldn't have happened?  If they've been dealing with it for so long, and they're so smart and capable.

296787[/snapback]

blink.gif

Oy. rolleyes.gif

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Babs

• Seraphina

• Celumnaz

• Talon

Top Posters In This Topic

Fluffy, in just two letters, you sum up my every thought tongue.gif

Leave it to Americans to shove a stick in an ants nest and make all the ants run around biting people.

9/11 wasn't the first, idotic liberals here seem to think it though. I've already gone down to 1979 as far as US interests in terrorism.

Europe has been dealing with terrorists for decades before the US even had the vaguest idea what was going on in the middle east huh.gif

What on earth is with you people and this sad, self obsessed delusion that 9/11 was the first taste the western world had of terrorism?

9/11 wasn't the first, idotic liberals here seem to think it though. I've already gone down to 1979 as far as US interests in terrorism. I'm sure smarter people have gone farther with it.

sad, self obsessed delusion

huh?

Hey, don't blame us tongue.gif you got advance warnings about the guys who were on their way to hijack those planes....not our fault secret service did jack all, and your President decided to take the month off tongue.gif

Nice revision of history. Clinton left us with a gutted intelligence agency, and my not so widely accepted opinion is Bush knew about it and let it happen to wake us up because from 1979 it's been largely ignored, the world wasn't stopping it, and it was headed our way.

Believe me, I really wish you HADN'T gotten involved tongue.gif

And Saddam was in power and France and Germany/Russia/China were calling the shots with Pakistan et al in the security council and...

And Saddam was in power and France and Germany/Russia/China were calling the shots with Pakistan et al in the security council and...

Oh, there's no doubt I'm not particuarly happy about how Iraq stood before the coalition went in....however, I also don't think that the war was conducted in the correct manner....hell, most of the decisions made were utterly insane huh.gif

Iraq has gone from a place that wasn't in any way a threat to us (despite what we were told), to being a place where we're hearing daily about terrorist activity...we were lied to and told Saddam had links to 9/11...we lied to and told he could supply nuclear weapons to terrorists....and now that he's gone, Iraq has lost whatever semblance of order it had, and NOW it really is a hotbed of terrorists, where they seem free to do and plan anything they like.

and my not so widely accepted opinion is Bush knew about it and let it happen to wake us up because from 1979 it's been largely ignored

As much as I might credit the intelligence services with this particular tactic, given all the warnings they had about the people in question, and the fact that the President utterly ignored it, this is a plan far too devious for an idiot on the scale of Bush tongue.gif

Edited by Seraphina

Wow, talk about opening a hornet's nest...and I thought the wicked witch was dead. blink.gifcool.gif

Seraphina, you and your liberal 'european' hype! That's all it is. Nobody cares about the friggin' parade, except maybe Fluffy grin2.gif. What we care about are the politics behind it. I really wonder what Spain will do about terrorism. And, golly gee, I wonder what France will do, now? I would hope that these countries that continue to be hit will take up arms and join us.

....But I gotta say...who knows? blink.gifhuh.gif It would sure be nice to have these countries give us a little help.

Nobody cares about the friggin' parade, except maybe Fluffy grin2.gif.

Oh sure, blast a guy because he likes a good parade every once in a while... laugh.gif

Oh sure, blast a guy because he likes a good parade every once in a while...

w00t.gifw00t.giflaugh.giflaugh.gifthumbsup.gif

You just cant beat a good parade. whistling2.gif

Sera you’re wasting your time, some people are on another planet, they don't think normal people. They think like the Borg. laugh.gif

... "The collective says I must think this and defend it to the death, in defiance of all contradictory information"

Seraphina.......I 'do' think my country has to be more tolerant toward other countries and I, too, should be more tolerant of others' viewpoint, but I happen to think that Spain is 'knuckling under' here. I also understand what you are saying about Spain in that it has a history here, but I think the terrorists have more to do with Spain's actions than you think.

And, oh_ about the sign Aquarius.... no harm in a little astrological research, is there? original.gif When you mentioned 'contradiction' a bell went off and I had to pursue that line, especially since I didn't see 'any contradiction' (and still don't laugh.gif )

But anyhow, I like the sign, Aquarius; my sister is an Aquarian and I have had four good Aquarian friends.

edit

Edited by Babs

Sera you’re wasting your time, some people are on another planet, they don't think normal people. They think like the Borg. laugh.gif

... "The collective says I must think this and defend it to the death, in defiance of all contradictory information"

297107[/snapback]

And Talon...what's the BORG? ohmy.gif

.............your 'collective' bu*t

Maybe Spains just mad because the US president invaded a country to settle his dads score from the first gulf war instead of actual intellegence. I will change my mind when the find the "weapons of mass destruction" Mr. Bush said Saddam had just waiting to fire at other countries.

Maybe Spains just mad because the US president invaded a country to settle his dads score from the first gulf war instead of actual intellegence.

The Spanish government at the time was part of the coalition, although a non-combat supporting role. Their government has changed since then, and more reflects the population where the majority were against the war from the beginning. Also, the invasion was based on intelligence reports from more than just one country, and not to settle any scores rolleyes.gif

I will change my mind when the find the "weapons of mass destruction" Mr. Bush said Saddam had just waiting to fire at other countries.

You might be waiting a long time, since that issue is pretty much dead right now. Keep in mind, Bush and Blair(among others) said this based on intelligence reports. If anyone is to blame, it’s the intelligence community.

Wow, such great debating skills Babs, your way with words continues to blow me out of the water rolleyes.gif

Wow, such great debating skills Babs, your way with words continues to blow me out of the water rolleyes.gif

301728[/snapback]

original.gif

urg....

You know, I can at least respect people like Joc...hell, I can even respect Erikl....because they know enough to actually BACK UP their point of veiw. Biased or jaded as their sources are, and no matter how much I may disagree with their initial stance that led them to whatever they believe, I can nevertheless look at them and say: "At least I can see how they might arrive at their conclusions."

You Babs....you I think are an embarassment to your own side rolleyes.gif

....did I hit a nerve, Seraphina? cool.gif

301728[/snapback]

laugh.gif

No Babs, and I find it extremely sad that you think your insiginificant debating skills might be capable of doing so tongue.gif

Babs you brought up a sign of the zodiac as part of your argument previously, joke or not is so childish it laughable.

When (and if) Babs thinks up an arguement that isn't either a sad attempt at humour, or a pitiful, parrot like echoing of the latest party line, or something she read of a bumper sticker, then I'll restract my statement about her debating skills tongue.gif

No Babs, and I find it extremely sad that you think your insiginificant debating skills might be capable of doing so tongue.gif

302709[/snapback]

Well sor-rrry! rolleyes.gif

I didn't take debate 101. grin2.gif You have me at a dis-advantage here. I'm not going to run all over the place landing links and gathering material, so you guys can come back with the 'same old agenda'. It would be a waste of time and effort and that I don't do. I am an economical type ( that also goes for 'economy of words'). If I can say what I want and get that message across in as few words as possible, I go for it. thumbsup.gif Unlike some of the more long-winded arguments you and some of your cronies go for.

I'm not jumping through your hoops, miss Sera. laugh.gif

I am an economical type

As in "economical with the truth" perhaps? tongue.gif

What your saying their is a veiled way of saying "look i cant be bothered learning about my own argument or yours here , ill just blindly believe what i want to....now wheres my banjo and confederate flag"..

lol

I am an economical type

As in "economical with the truth" perhaps? tongue.gif

302739[/snapback]

Now what in tarnation does that mean? grin2.gif

Edited by Babs