Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Stephen King

Bonecrusher

I used to work for the state for the department controlling our universities and colleges. One of the profs I knew was from Maine and knew Stephen King before he was Stephen King. She had worked at the school his kids went to. She said he was an absolute Hoot! Different as different could ever be.. He brought his kids each morning to school only he would be wearing his PJs They would do the drop off circle like in Mr. Mom ... Only the teachers caught on he was in his PJs and robe.... So they would make up things to get him out of the car to just tease him! After he published, he is still living in Maine and gave that school an entire library! She always said totally unique but NICE

Edited by Duncansmom
  • Like 5

I used to work for the state for the department controlling our universities and colleges. One of the profs I knew was from Maine and knew Stephen King before he was Stephen King. She had worked at the school his kids went to. She said he was an absolute Hoot! Different as different could ever be.. He brought his kids each morning to school only he would be wearing his PJs They would do the drop off circle like in Mr. Mom ... Only the teachers caught on he was in his PJs and robe.... So they would make up things to get him out of the car to just tease him! After he published, he is still living in Maine and gave that school an entire library! She always said totally unique but NICE

all hail the pjs!

I used to love Stephen King but the only book of his I can bring myself to read now is The Green Mile. I don't know why I went off him, but it may have been something to do with reading the works of Lovecraft and Poe, who are true masters of horror. :P

It also didn't help having the same character types in every novel along with his over use of the deus ex machina ending.

I used to love Stephen King but the only book of his I can bring myself to read now is The Green Mile. I don't know why I went off him, but it may have been something to do with reading the works of Lovecraft and Poe, who are true masters of horror. :P

It also didn't help having the same character types in every novel along with his over use of the deus ex machina ending.

Hehe... Very true in a lot of his works, sometimes it works and sometimes its just too much. Like it works in the done but I didn't get cell at all, I still wonder about dream catcher... Not too sure what that was about but the beginning was reminiscent of the stand. I still love his style though. :)

Anyone actually read Wind Through the Keyhole yet? Is it a good inclusion into the Dark Tower series?

You should find out for yourself :)

I'm glad someone posted this... I know that child was touched... Steven King if your reading this I want to let you know that I know your a very special character...

I have a lot of his short stories, & they never get old. (:

My favorite novel would have to be Rose Madder though. LOVE IT.

• Like 1

I've just recently been reading Under The Dome and I've just realised something...

Stephen King is just as good as ever in the autumn of his career.

He can probably retire on what he's done but this guy refuses to rest on his laurels.

I get an absolute buzz when one of his books hits the shelves.

And there's not many of his fellow authors I can mention in the same light.

He's got an impressive CV and I can certainly pick out more than a few highlights.

Stephen King is truly one of the greater writers we have ever had!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I always listen to Books on CD in my car, and recently I have been enjoying Dreamscapes and Nightmares, a collection of King's short stories.

It has been wonderful! They are the perfect antidote for boring car trips!

• Like 1

My favorite author,i own almost all his books except maybe the last 5 or so.Cant wait for his sequel to the shining!

• 1 month later...

Bought stephen kings Full Dark,No Stars earlier anyone read this one yet?Wondering how good it is before i start.

• Like 1

Bought stephen kings Full Dark,No Stars earlier anyone read this one yet?Wondering how good it is before i start.

It's great! I loved it! there were 2 stories in particular, but I won't get into it yet. Let me know how you like the book and which were the best to you.

• Like 2

Ok thanks lava,the description just seemed like it would be pretty good so i had to buy it.I will let you know when im finished.I kind of slowed down on his books after "Just after sunset" when i read his books i go on a bit of a reading marathon so i let him get caught up a write a couple first haha.Im hoping the sequel to the shining turns out really good,though i doubt it will match it.One can always hope lol.

• Like 1

Ok thanks lava,the description just seemed like it would be pretty good so i had to buy it.I will let you know when im finished.I kind of slowed down on his books after "Just after sunset" when i read his books i go on a bit of a reading marathon so i let him get caught up a write a couple first haha.Im hoping the sequel to the shining turns out really good,though i doubt it will match it.One can always hope lol.

I didn't know he was doing a sequel! Ooh I can hardly wait!

• Like 1

I didn't know he was doing a sequel! Ooh I can hardly wait!

Sure is!Read about it a few weeks ago.

You related to him, CK?

Didn't you know that the Crimson King is the subject of one of Stephen King's books? A rare biography from the master of horror... Hehe. Read all about him in Black House. ;)

• Like 2

Didn't you know that the Crimson King is the subject of one of Stephen King's books? A rare biography from the master of horror... Hehe. Read all about him in Black House. ;)

Nope... I didn't know. (I'm a fan though)

I'm reading Black House for the second time. It's been awhile so it's like a brand new book. It's pretty good, it's a collaboration of King and Strauss (who I'm not that crazy about but is decent).

• Like 1

He's also the main villain of the Dark Tower series.

• Like 1

I always listen to Books on CD in my car, and recently I have been enjoying Dreamscapes and Nightmares, a collection of King's short stories.

It has been wonderful! They are the perfect antidote for boring car trips!

I love my audio books! If the narrator is good, some of his books can be as scary as watching a movie!

• 2 weeks later...

The Shining is my alltime favorite Stephen King books and could easily qualify as my favorite horror novel. The Overlook pushing Jack ever further into madness is both frightening and tragic. I doubt the sequel will touch it as I dont even like most of King's latest stuff.

• Like 1

The Shining is my alltime favorite Stephen King books and could easily qualify as my favorite horror novel. The Overlook pushing Jack ever further into madness is both frightening and tragic. I doubt the sequel will touch it as I dont even like most of King's latest stuff.

Yeah some of his last few have been kind of dry to say the least.The shining,black house,and bag of bones rotate as my top 3!The talisman and It also in my top 5.Some of the past 10 years i dont know seems like he just hit a bit of a lull.I highly doubt this sequel will match,i own the book and the movie nicholson nailed the part!His best ever in my opinion.

• Like 1