Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trail Cam Biped Deconstructed

Still Waters

Today we are reviewing a story that was making rounds toward the end of last week and appeared at some very reputable sites.

This one began with a trail cam photo on the Facebook page, ‘Chasing Trophy Whitetails’. The picture in question is seemingly showing some sort of strange biped creature.

http://www.ghosttheo...d-deconstructed

Interesting, but I think the photo has been faked based on two things. First and foremost the break down given by the author showing it to very likely to be part of a cow, cut and cropped for effect. Secondly, it really doesn't fit the descriptions given alleged witnesses, they describe Bigfoots as being massive creatures, this looks like an Ethiopian Bigfoot, all tall and willowy thin.

• Like 1

I've seen an enhanced version of the same photo, that shows the trees in the background and defines the 'creature' a bit better.

I also thought it resembled the cropped rear end of a deer or horse, even a cow.

It could vaguely resemble a person, maybe with the back turned to the camera in the process of turning on a foot.

Shame they didn't show a decent quality image, when zooming into it, it's just a blurry mess.

Just looks like someone dressed up to me. Can't tell the size or anything. They should have done a picture of a person standing there in daylight etc.

The story far as I know,

On Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 5:40pm, Michael Dwayne Rogers of Chasing Trophy Whitetails posted the above photograph on Facebook. Almost 3000 people “liked” it, 4.5K “shares” occurred, and 4.6K comments were made. Here’s what Rogers wrote: “This is one of several pics that my buddy got on his game camera back in November. It came by on November 11 and then again on November 18. Has anyone else seen anything like this before?”

I have not seen the second photo from the 18th, if there is one.

Here is the enhanced photo, done by an user from another site. I am not taking credit for the enhancement.

mysteryphoto1.jpg

Edited by Insanity

What is the "head" if the creature (that is the manipulated cow image) is facing us?

Imo, I think the OP matched a cow's back leg exactly to show the cow is facing toward the camera. But what then is creating the bipeds "head" that appears to have on a hood and is hanging down.

If a raised large tail is making the "head", that would say horse not cow, to me, but with very short legs though.

I can also see what appears to be hair hanging off the body all over. Consistent with a horse or cow.

The consistency in color/shade/material seems like it is all the same animal. (But I don't know anything about photo manipulation like this)

Cool photo cropping though, if that is the case. Looks like a ghostly image.

Edited by QuiteContrary

The other thing that strikes me as odd about this is there are no footprints from the alleged creature, yet you can clearly see a set that were made by someone else in the picture. Strange?

• Like 1

I don't know a lot about this kind of thing but the image doesn't look 'shopped' to me. Could it be something closer to the camera like a moth or leaf or something in movement which creates the illusion it's something more substantial. It just looks to me like something smaller and closer rather than something large farther away.

Edited by fatbadger2

Ok, but how do you explain that there aren't any footprints from the......whatever it is, and yet there are other footprints visible?