Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Book with Seven Seals - FOUND

Eddy_P

It wasn't "found" like some sort of historical artefact.

The claim is that a copy of a CD-ROM produced in 1995 called "Ancient Civilisations of the Mediterranean" was sent back in time along with a 386-based PC for viewing it and that ancient people used it as inspiration for stuff they did and that as a result it closely matches some descriptions in ancient texts. The person making the claim says that he has made many amazing close matches between the CD-ROM and ancient texts and this is proof that they had access to this CD-ROM, not that he has found the actual CD that travelled through time.

The CD-ROM in question is, amazingly, on sale on Amazon still - http://www.amazon.co...n/dp/B00004UCOQ

Good luck anyone trying to get it running, as it was designed for Windows 3.1

I think that's the rough idea anyway. I came across this same claim years ago on another forum. It's definitely one of the odder claims I've come across. Why would someone with the technology necessary for time travel use such an archaic technology when, like I said, you could send back an iPad or Kindle with the same info on it and which are much smaller, lighter and easier to use.

ok color me stupid but who made the cd in question? the one that is being sold. and how is it they came to the information in the first place?

i ask because i really haven't found that information in any place i look. it all starts with the cd already existing and very little if any background is given

• Like 1

ok color me stupid but who made the cd in question? the one that is being sold. and how is it they came to the information in the first place?

i ask because i really haven't found that information in any place i look. it all starts with the cd already existing and very little if any background is given

Our suspicion is that it was either Eddy himself or one of his associates.

Our suspicion is that it was either Eddy himself or one of his associates.

but no one has said anything about that (most crucial) part of the whole story??

i'm also wondering why the original researcher gave up his research to eddy. that's packed with hmms right there.

It's just a commercial multimedia CD about ancient civilisations. There is nothing interesting about the CD in itself. It's just a run of the mill 1990s CD-ROM encyclopedia about ancient civilizations. They were a dime a dozen back in the 1990s. You could buy multimedia CD-ROMs about dinosaurs, ancient Greece, or general knowledge ones like Microsoft Encarta.

A quick Google search reveals that it was made by a French software firm called EMME, who made a whole bunch of commercial CD-ROMs about all sorts of subjects.

Note that the guy in question isn't claiming to have found the particular copy of this commercially available CD-ROM encyclopedia that was sent back in time, just that he claims to have studied a CD-ROM encyclopedia called "Ancient Civilizations of the Mediterranean" and supposedly found strong evidence that links it with certain ancient texts and that his conclusion is that someone must gone back in time with one of these CDs and shown it to ancient people who were inspired by it.

This would have been a CD-ROM produced with thousands of copies being sold or given away with computers. There is no unique CD artefact being discussed. It's not like he's claiming to have found one of Aristotle's lost books. Just that an otherwise ordinary commercial CD-ROM about ancient civilisations must have been the source of knowledge for certain ancient texts because of whatever tests he claims to have carried out that prove beyond coincidence that they are somehow linked.

• Like 1

It's just a commercial multimedia CD about ancient civilisations. There is nothing interesting about the CD in itself. It's just a run of the mill 1990s CD-ROM encyclopedia about ancient civilizations. They were a dime a dozen back in the 1990s. You could buy multimedia CD-ROMs about dinosaurs, ancient Greece, or general knowledge ones like Microsoft Encarta.

A quick Google search reveals that it was made by a French software firm called EMME, who made a whole bunch of commercial CD-ROMs about all sorts of subjects.

Note that the guy in question isn't claiming to have found the particular copy of this commercially available CD-ROM encyclopedia that was sent back in time, just that he claims to have studied a CD-ROM encyclopedia called "Ancient Civilizations of the Mediterranean" and supposedly found strong evidence that links it with certain ancient texts and that his conclusion is that someone must gone back in time with one of these CDs and shown it to ancient people who were inspired by it.

This would have been a CD-ROM produced with thousands of copies being sold or given away with computers. There is no unique CD artefact being discussed. It's not like he's claiming to have found one of Aristotle's lost books. Just that an otherwise ordinary commercial CD-ROM about ancient civilisations must have been the source of knowledge for certain ancient texts because of whatever tests he claims to have carried out that prove beyond coincidence that they are somehow linked.

thanks now i get it

i was caught up in the part about the cd rom being an already existing ordinary piece of merchandise. lol ok i live in bc. it takes us a bit longer...

anyway this is what i didn't get. so now it's even more ridiculous that it first appeared to me.

geez louise.

• Like 1

When the documented descriptions from the encounter with the Angel are extracted from the texts written thousands of years ago by Ezekiel, Daniel, and John (over 200), a LIST is generated of the item held by the Angel and known as ‘the roll of a book written within, sealed with seven seals’.

A list generated by whom?? And known as "The roll of a book written within, sealed with seven seals" by whom??

I you are the one calling it that and you are the one making the list, then it could all be hogwash...

When the contents of the 1995 produced Ancient Civilizations of the Mediterranean multimedia cd-rom is compared with over 200 descriptions from the three* ancient texts RE: the OP, there is over a 95 percent match of details.

Matches determined by whom? Yourself? I could go compare my personnal email to my mother with the letters George Washington wrote to his mother and there would be a 75% correlation. But it would mean nothing.

Edited by DieChecker

I'm just wondering what the seven seals were. Seven passwords? Seven layers of biometric security? Or just seven layers of plastic wrap?

• Like 1

I'm just wondering what the seven seals were. Seven passwords? Seven layers of biometric security? Or just seven layers of plastic wrap?

Taken the number 7 literally would be the first thing that leads nowhere. That comes from the (very ancient) 7base calculus that was already obsolete at the time when the Apocalypse was written.

Even in a base 7 system, doesn't 7 still mean seven of something? I'm probably missing some type of nuance with the symbolism here though.

Even in a base 7 system, doesn't 7 still mean seven of something? I'm probably missing some type of nuance with the symbolism here though.

seven was then the same as saying ten now, or a Score in Britain. It is in fact a undefined number. It was so undefined for many centuries that 7 times 7 did not mean 49 but infinite. So, given the cultural background we have to think of it as a book of many seals.

seven was then the same as saying ten now, or a Score in Britain. It is in fact a undefined number. It was so undefined for many centuries that 7 times 7 did not mean 49 but infinite. So, given the cultural background we have to think of it as a book of many seals.

Coolsies. So what were the many seals? *repeats previous previous post with "many" replacing "seven"

Coolsies. So what were the many seals? *repeats previous previous post with "many" replacing "seven"

That we have in the story too, they are actual seals that when broken open a chapter of the book and out comes a new chapter towards the end of the world.

That we have in the story too, they are actual seals that when broken open a chapter of the book and out comes a new chapter towards the end of the world.

I meant in the context of the CD-ROM being the book. Sorry for the confusion.

I meant in the context of the CD-ROM being the book. Sorry for the confusion.

That is so mysterious that not even the author can answer that question, evidently :devil:

• Like 2

That is so mysterious that not even the author can answer that question, evidently :devil:

Maybe he might try however, if he has not run screeching into the Night??

Anyway, this is all rubbish... Great Cthulu and his brother Hastur told me so in a Dream last night.

Edited by DieChecker

Slighly over one-half dozen notably inconvenienced pinnipeds?

• Like 2

Only as far as high school languages for me.

But what Pegg has found isn’t ‘translation’ as such using language. It is returning the English use of words (as found in the KJV Bible as referenced in Strong’s Concordance) to their original meaning and context.

Like the child’s game of chinese whispers, what was originally seen, then told, then retold over periods of time changed may have changed somewhat.

To learn a language, one will learn all the old mistakes that were made.

Just looking in the Lexicons of Strong’s Concordance, anyone can plainly see that what the Old English scribes ‘gave’ as their translation, often in many cases, is not what the original Hebrew nor Greek word meant.

Incorrect assumption.

I owned a 386PC which I upgraded with a sound card and a two speed cd-drive. We are talking Australia here, and at that time, the package came with the Grolier Encyclopedia cd-rom.

A 386PC did exist with a cd-rom. I had one.

The 386 did not come with a cd rom drive as I said. You had to add one. At that time, adding anything required setting jumpers and bit switches to avoid IRQ conflicts. The children of today, which will be the parents and grandparents of the future are accustomed to computers coming with everything included.

No.

Ronald Pegg has made no cds.

When the contents of the 1995 produced Ancient Civilizations of the Mediterranean multimedia cd-rom is compared with over 200 descriptions from the three* ancient texts RE: the OP, there is over a 95 percent match of details.

Pegg did not and was not involved in the making of the cd-rom; nor the KJV Bible; nor the Lexicons in Strong’s Concordance.

Using these historical items as references, there is a match of data.

Pegg just happened to be the one who discovered it all.

* so far there are over 20 other ancient texts that also contain descriptions of the contents of the cd-rom.

Some of those Case Studies are mentioned on the new site:

It's time for you to shave with occam's razor. The agreement between what is on the cd's and what is in the text is because the cd's we're created from the descriptions in the text's, not the cd's influenced the building of the buildings and consequent qriting of the texts.

It's like you saying that carts were not designed for horses to pull. Carts were taken back in time so someone could bio-engineer horses to pull them.

• Like 5

Ed,

So far the hypothesis you have put forward has not been supported by what you have shown as evidence. In the several threads you have started on this site about that hypothesis, most, if not all of your supposed evidence has been refuted.

• Like 2

Ed,

So far the hypothesis you have put forward has not been supported by what you have shown as evidence. In the several threads you have started on this site about that hypothesis, most, if not all of your supposed evidence has been refuted.

and he will disappear again soon. .to come back again in a few months time when his book sales and workshops drop's and try to drum it back up again..

• Like 2

Ed,

which leads me to wonder why his threads are not closed.

The makers of the 1995 multi-media cd-rom was a group of French companies called Acta/Scala/E.M.M.E.

It was designed to run on an IBM 386/486 PC with 4 Mb RAM, a SVGA display with 256 colors at 640x480 resolution, a double speed CD-ROM drive, a hard disk with

3 Mb free space, in the MS Windows 3.1 environment and required a Windows supported audio board and Windows supported mouse.

The agreement between what is on the cd's and what is in the text is because the cd's we're created from the descriptions in the text's, not the cd's influenced the building of the buildings and consequent qriting of the texts.
No.

This type of question has been previously asked…

I need some explanation on those videos. As far as i understand, they made a compact disc based on ancient writings and then they say those ancient writings talk about a compact disc? I'm sorry, but i really don't get it...
No. The compact disk is not based upon ancient writings (except for the 6 historical civilizations actually mentioned on the cd-rom).

The civilizations presented are from around the Mediterranean region from between 2000 BCE and 476 CE, being Etruria, Carthage, Roman Empire, Greece, Phoenicia and Egypt.

(The Egyptian section only presents seven video shows, and not pages of pictures.)

The Etrurian section shows things Eturian…

The Roman section shows things Roman…

The Greece section shows things Greek…

The Phoenician section shows things Phoenician…

The Carthage section shows things Carthagian…

…and NOT anything to do with Palestine, Jerusalem, the Bible, the Old Testament, nor the New Testament.

…YET Ezekiel, Daniel, and John do describe the contents of the cd-rom.

A list generated by whom?? And known as "The roll of a book written within, sealed with seven seals" by whom??
It is a direct quote from the Bible, with a second citation confirming the ‘book written within’ part.

1.) Revelation 5:1 "I saw in the right hand side...a book written within and on the backside, sealed with 7 seals..."

2.) Ezekiel 2:9-10 "...an hand was sent unto me...a roll of a book was therein....and it was written within..."

I do not understand your confusion.

It is clearly stated on the website that

The main menu page is a map of the Mediterranean region showing the landmass around the actual Mediterranean Sea.

There are seven 'animal' icons that are the doorways {seals} which take us to the various civilizations:

Clearly the animal icons, the ‘seals’ on the Main Menu Map Page of the cd-rom, are the doorways to the information within. There are seven of them.

Thus the cd-rom literally and physically has seven seals.

They must've thought the CD-ROM was a cookie:

Revelation 10:10

And I took the little book out of the angel's hand, and ate it up; and it was in my mouth sweet as honey: and as soon as I had eaten it, my belly was bitter.

• Like 2