Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Home no sweet Home

Priest79

dontgetit.gifhuh.gifblink.gifsad.gifohmy.gif

ANYBODY HAD ANY OF THIS HAPPEN IN THEIR HOME???? 4 QUESTIONS AT THE END THE LAST TWO WE SHOULD ALL CONSIDER???

story cont....on page two at the top

In Reading,Berkshire, England, where i Lived for 20 plus years, is an old church called st michaels back in 1872 the churchs land used to be vast and spread for miles around even through were i used to live well my mother still lives there now before it was sold off to farmers to use as orchards.

The local clergy even built the Holy brook river behind my house to border off the churchs land. but the graveyard was nowhere near my house just the land, anyway as i said we have lived there for twenty plus years and the first 10 years were fine no problems but after while things started to happen, like one summer we had all the windows open due to the heat I had a friend staying round must have been about 12 years old at this point we were still awake and i said to my friend sshhh can you here that and outside below we could here the large pots being dragged around the concrete very clearly and when looking out the window could see they have been moved, the sixth step on the stairs became very cold freezing in fact but the next step is fine and the one before it, we have looked for drafts in the area and could find none, over the years these things have increased in activity. singing from a young boy can be heard echoing in the house, of coarse we assumed this was naturally coming from somwhere else but none of our neighbours have a small boy.

I used to play football over the park with my mates when i was about thirteen in this park was a tall tower with a slide which we all used to congrigate in, from this tower you could see the master bedroom of my house and on numerous occassions and not just me that saw this my sister did my friends and a few cousins did to, A man dressed all in black standing there in the window staring at us or out at nothing but the man was wearing what looked like a bowler hat but bigger like an 1800's clergyman hat. my mum never would believe what we have seen but as time went on and the activity became stronger, she to started to believe us saying she to had seen a man outside staring in briefly in the down stairs window on more than one occassion, my sister one morning while drying her hair noticed a black hazy figure climbing the stairs going into the back bedroom {my room i might add not impressed hearing that} every appliance would break down in such a short period of time the fuses in the house would always trip without an appliance breaking down or a light bulb going. what ever was happening only started after about ten years it's like somthing had just walked by and chosen our house one day to dwell in, things in the house would be moved around and be in different areas of the house, floor boards would creek constantly like they were being walked on even if you were alone in the house and craching noises like some body was smashing the place to bits but it had'nt been touched, sounds of foot steps comming down the stairs was the worst esspecially if you were on your own I have left the house before with no shoes to get out quick enough.

but in my house you always get the feeling your being watched.. the one thing i would love to explain is the freezing cold sixth step on the stairs which is like this all year round even in the summer all the others are fine though.

WHAT MIGHT BE HAPPENING HERE????

HOW CAN IT BE STOPPED????

CAN GHOST EVEN SEE US AND DO THEY KNOW IF THERE DEAD???

MORE TO THE POINT WHO SAYS WE NOT THE DEAD ONES AND THERE THE LIVING???

I accidently left part of this story out i don't know how because it's probably the worst encounter we had up close i can't believe i forgot this happened??? again i have witnesses to everthing thats happened i know i'm well believed on everything thats happened as when it has i was rarely alone. thankfully!!

Edited by Priest79

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Priest79

• spooks

• Insight

• Majestic 12

blink.gif

In Reading

293508[/snapback]

some people would think that the sixth step could be a high energy zone, where much of the activity would be.

Throughout time numbers have gained special meanings, like in this little

English rhyme about crows.

One means anger,

Two means mirth,

Three a wedding,

Four a birth,

Five is heaven,

Six is hell

But seven is the devil's own self

People attributed certain numbers with lives of their own:

One stood for reason, unity, God, and the sun.

Two represented opinion, divisibility, sociability, and the moon.

All religious symbols are in threes.

Four sides make a square, foundation of all things, as the four points of a compass and the four seasons.

Five meant fire, love, and marriage.

Six equals one plus two plus three, and therefore represents creation, and considered a perfect number.

i dunno just a thought

blink.gif

In Reading

293508[/snapback]

some people would think that the sixth step could be a high energy zone, where much of the activity would be.

Throughout time numbers have gained special meanings, like in this little

English rhyme about crows.

One means anger,

Two means mirth,

Three a wedding,

Four a birth,

Five is heaven,

Six is hell

But seven is the devil's own self

People attributed certain numbers with lives of their own:

One stood for reason, unity, God, and the sun.

Two represented opinion, divisibility, sociability, and the moon.

All religious symbols are in threes.

Four sides make a square, foundation of all things, as the four points of a compass and the four seasons.

Five meant fire, love, and marriage.

Six equals one plus two plus three, and therefore represents creation, and considered a perfect number.

i dunno just a thought

293530[/snapback]

so your saying that an opening to hell could reside on my sixth step of the stairs like a vortex or gateway the thing is that the underneath of the stairs was open when we moved in but was blocked up around the time this started happening do you know what I never thought about that till know Thanxz i will cheek that out this weekend when I go home

heya, you know i actually agree with the gateway to hell theory, or it could like be a paranormal portal opening or something! See promised u i didnt laugh rolleyes.gifcool.gif

superstitions about any number exist. wether they are true is another story, just a thought. I've heard about areas that are high in magnetic activity, and that can trigger paranormal activity. the sixth stair could be one of those places. who knows.

superstitions about any number exist. wether they are true is another story, just a thought. I've heard about areas that are high in magnetic activity, and that can trigger paranormal activity. the sixth stair could be one of those places. who knows.

293899[/snapback]

Saying that when i was at home the phone never worked anywhere out side because no signal with 3 mobile tarriff out in the sticks middle of nowhere but indoors I had a perfect signal how strange is that.

Sounds quite a scary experience Priest, and the thought of being watched is creepy.

293908[/snapback]

I had to put up with that for 13 years before I finally left home and moved to London.

Sounds quite a scary experience Priest, and the thought of being watched is creepy.

293908[/snapback]

I printed this topic off and showed it to my girlfriend to show her what I had been doing on the PC and she said that when we visited my mother, she came from the bathroom and noticed somthing like a heat haze at the top of the stairs but because it was summer,late and she did'nt know about the house at the time she did'nt think anything of it but she looked very scared reading this and realising what she might have seen was real......!

she won't go back again now as she is a harden believer in ghost she has no theories just that they are there life after death not crossed over thats it...!!!

Hi Priest,

Have you ever thought of getting a psychic in, just to see what they could pick up?

294811[/snapback]

I have been told that around the time of it starting the energies could be attracted by the changes me and my sister were going through from children to teenagers and this is what could have brought them to the house.

i don't know what that is supposed to do???

but i think that my mother would be to affraid to find out the truth she is deciding to move early next year though i have already left and moved to london but i have to keep going back.

Im freaked...someone hold me!

294881[/snapback]

HAVE YOU NEVER EXPEREINCED ANYTHING LIKE THAT BEFORE THEN!!!

I SEEM TO BE THE ONLY ONE WHO HAS HAD ANYTHING LIKE THIS HAPPEN ON THIS SITE.

HAD ANYBODY EVER HAD ANYTHING LIKE THIS HAPPEN?????????.....

well, i've never had it happen to me, but i suppose it is possible that it could happen , so dont worry bout it 2 much! Lol

Your experience is very real, i get some of the same things around my house. hearing footsteps when i go upstairs late at night happens all the time, as well with boards creaking, and places getting colder.

Every time ive ever thought there was a ghost around me, i start to get cold chills, as many people say to experience as well. I think what happens, is when there is a stronger spiritual activity, places tend to drop many degrees. I belive that with your stair being cold, and only one stair represents that you have one spirit in your home, and it chose your staircase for its entry point.

I don't really think this spirit was there to harm you, as you didn't mention anything being done in that manner, other then things being placed in new locations, things dropping onto floors, or tipping on their own. I think that would mean it was just trying to get itself known to you, as you would think it would be pretty hard to get someones attention if you cannot speak, or be clearly seen etc.

Luckly your out of that house, but to bad for your parents, i'd hope that they don't still see things there, but being near to a graveyard kind of invites them to you, as do ouija boards.

Your experience is very real, i get some of the same things around my house. hearing footsteps when i go upstairs late at night happens all the time, as well with boards creaking, and places getting colder.

Every time ive ever thought there was a ghost around me, i start to get cold chills, as many people say to experience as well. I think what happens, is when there is a stronger spiritual activity, places tend to drop many degrees. I belive that with your stair being cold, and only one stair represents that you have one spirit in your home, and it chose your staircase for its entry point.

I don't really think this spirit was there to harm you, as you didn't mention anything being done in that manner, other then things being placed in new locations, things dropping onto floors, or tipping on their own. I think that would mean it was just trying to get itself known to you, as you would think it would be pretty hard to get someones attention if you cannot speak, or be clearly seen etc.

Luckly your out of that house, but to bad for your parents, i'd hope that they don't still see things there, but being near to a graveyard kind of invites them to you, as do ouija boards.

295132[/snapback]

I don't think there is just one little boy singing, man in window aaarrr i forgot to mention in the story how did i forget this me, my cousin gemma, and her boyfriend matty were all sitting down stairs matty laid on sofa gemma on another sofa and i was sat on top of a large speaker we used to have, this was summer still all the doors were open this happened just after the pots being moved the living room door was wide open and we were all talking but the conversation was stopped by the sound of foot steps coming down the stairs one by one and softly but enough to be able to hear what was happening the foot steps came down the stairs through the living room out into the kitchen we stayed still in the living room and listened you could hear the washing up being moved around you know plates cuttlery etc!!! and the humbing sound of a woman due to the heat the back door was open now what ever it was went outside coz there is like a manhole drain cover outside but it wobbly and if you stand on it it makes the sound of metal hitting together as it would obviously be metal but she must have gone outside towards the washing line which makes me wonder.

CAN GHOST EVEN SEE US AND DO THEY KNOW IF THERE DEAD???

MORE TO THE POINT WHO SAYS WE NOT THE DEAD ONES AND THERE THE LIVING???

nice theory, priest.. (as well as story) the theory reminds me of the sixth sence (bruce willis) or/& the others. (nicole kidman)...

I guess we'll never really know until it is our time to go.... but I feel that everyone who believes in the paranormal, they should try their hardest to prove life after death when their physical bodies die away. I will try, fo sho!

nice theory, priest.. (as well as story) the theory reminds me of the sixth sence (bruce willis) or/& the others. (nicole kidman)...

I guess we'll never really know until it is our time to go.... but I feel that everyone who believes in the paranormal, they should try their hardest to prove life after death when their physical bodies die away. I will try, fo sho!

295190[/snapback]

it's a valid point i feel just the way it walked past us if it could see us maybe it would have stopped made contact but because we can only faintly see ghost somtimes maybe it's the same for them there own world and sometimes we stumble into it and vice versa

Priest

yeah i know, when i saw the others it did make me wonder!!!!!!!!!!!! but i mean if that theory is true, how freaky would that be!

I get a strange feeling that this is not a haunting in the traditional sense of the word, but rather a case of "time over-lap." (There's another term for this phenomenon, but I have forgotten it at the moment.) In any case, I think that maybe somehow the step has something to do with this OR it's temperature is a RESULT OF this. But this is only one theory that I have about the sixth step, I'll get into my other ones as well.

Perhaps it's easiest to explain by saying that this house, (or really, The Church,) was built on a location known for it's higher Electomagnetic Fields, (EM Fields,) as Sacred Buildings were commonly done over millinea past by many, many ancient cultures. The Great Pyramid, The Ruins Of Machu Pichu, The Vatican and Solomon's Temple of Jerusalem, (The Present Site Of The Temple Mount) were all built on such sites. A result of this is EM Field fluctuations and time may actually over-lap there.

Therefore, the Priest, The Young Choir Boy singing, The Footsteps, The Bumping and Banging Sounds, they may all be images and sounds from the past, occurring years and years ago, but because EM Disturbances, time has sort of intertwined and you're actually hearing past activities in "The Present" and getting glimpses into the past.

In THIS PARTICULAR CASE, maybe they DON'T see you, or IF they do, they might precieve YOU as "The Ghost." However, none of you are REALLY Ghosts! You're ALL alive and well in your own times, and it just happens that you're peering into each other's times. Sure they are dead NOW, and in THEIR time, YOU'RE NOT BORN YET! In THIS case, they may not know that they're dead, because in THEIR TIME, they're NOT dead yet.

Generally, it's known that MOST people figure out that they are dead right away. Those that may not realize that they have died are generally Children, People who Die A Violent Death and those with Unfinished Business.

There are many different kinds of "Hauntings," and if I'm right, your's is the least frightening of ALL.

Certainly this is all just conjecture on my part, I may be right or I may be wrong. I have a 50-50 shot either way, right? grin2.gif

As for the step, I would urge you to check for logical explantions for this. For instance, there might be an underground waterway that is flowing beneath that step. Subterranean Water Flows can be as cold as +3 degrees, C. IF such a underground stream flowed there, then it would certainly chill the stone stairstep. Perhaps there's a cave beneath the ground or a man-made tunnel, possibly a part of an old sewage system or something of that nature. Below the ground's surface, the air temperate plummets. It can easily be between 15 and 22 degrees C. down there. This would ALSO cause the step to be cold if the cavern or tunnel had a vent beneath that step that constantly exposed that step to the rush of the cooler air.

You mentioned that there is no cemetery around. Has it ever occurred to you guys that there may be catacombs for interment beneath the ground or perhaps even an old passageway or a basement? You might want to research St. Michael's to see if this is a possibility. It would also be a source of the cold Stairstep.

If I were you, I'd search through old City Records and Archives as well as Geological and Utility Maps in order to see if there's logical explanation for that Sixth Step. Check out the history of the building and the neighborhood. Go as far back into history as you can, even back before that structure was built,,,see what all you can find out about the property. You might be surprized, or you might be MORE Frightened than ever. laugh.gifwink2.gif But it's worth looking into.

It's always good to rule out every possible logical explanation before you go ghost hunting.

This is just my thoughts and theories, this is a hypothesis that's still in the works, but hopefully what I've given you will help you... original.gif

The only thing that is under the stairs is a cuboard that we built a few years back as storage, there are no pipes or tunnels running beneath but if there were surly that would make all the stairs cold not just that one.

the grave yard is'nt on my back front door no but it isn't far 1/4 of a mile about that.

Reading is fully of underground tunnels though I don't know if you know alot about british historyu but King henry Xlll destroyed nearly 90% of all the abbeys including the one in Reading the monks/clergy used to flee to these tunnels and the main enterance to these tunnels well theres two actually one is a well that is open for the public to see in the middle of a pub a {Bar} to you

the other is shut off by these two large blue doors near the old castle on castle street these tunnels run from nearly one side of reading to the other stop at which is now the Oracle centre {a big shopping mall}

And if you think it's not frightening well clearly you have never experienced it sorry to sound harsh not meaning it that way, but if you are on your own and you hear footsteps coming down the stairs, sorry don't care who you are or how brave they can be you don't wait around to find out what could walk through the door.

I admit I have always wanted to see a ghost but from a distance I have sense.

You don't stroke a strange dog coz it could bite. same applies

Priest

Your story is fascinating. How old is the building? The link with Henry the Eighth and his destruction of the monsteries particulary interests me. Are there legends or stories associated with the area and that time in history? Have you ever taken photographs or videos?

Your story is fascinating. How old is the building?  The link with Henry the Eighth and his destruction of the monsteries particulary interests me. Are there legends or stories associated with the area and that time in history? Have you ever taken photographs or videos?

296638[/snapback]

The house was built around the 1940's roughly but I don't think its the house I think it's the land.

I was around 12 when it started im now 25 this Month.

There are a few stories around Reading but not around like prospect park ghost.

um the love sick lady by the bridge this stories true i know the girl who auntie it was coz i got slapped for saying it on the school bus not knowing the girl was sat in front and it was her auntie who got decapped by a train , the wellington country park horseman, but all the others are just stories made to scare people i don't know if there true or not mate.

I will be going to take photo's next week and i will put them on the site, this site has inspired me to try and call on whats in the house and start taking photo's but even if nothing apears just see what the house looks like it's so dark now and no light seem to get in even though there are plenty of windows

hey, told u i would read this,, good lcuk with the photos. i still think it could be the gateway 2 hell theory!

Trust me spook!!!

if those pictures show up any more than funiture i'll bulldose the friggin place myself....... lol

BRING IT ON I love the sound of smashing glass !!DO YOU?!! disgust.gif well ard!!