Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Elementary school shooting

Simbi Laveau

I wonder what possibly could have happened to set this guy off...

Principle may have been the target . They don't know yet .

Well someone reported it because you know about it...and of course it is because it was in China...if it happened in the US it would be just as big of a deal as this. What I am getting annoyed by is the argument that this type of thing happens all the time without the use of guns. Sure, it happens every once in a while, but not at the rate it does with guns. We just had a mall shooting a couple of days ago...and this happens already? This is becoming almost a daily thing...

If you will not tolerate your constitution being altered, you better go on the attack against free blacks and women voting...

Would you 2 please go somewhere else right now. JESUS!!!!!!!!!

• Like 6

Hey, I heard you the first time. Stop repeating yourself unless I say something new.

yeah, your right...me being p***ed off about dead people makes my argument that we need more control and regulations less valid...

it does. we have enough gun control already, we were safer 40-50 years ago when guns were a lot more available.back in 40's and 50's you could have rifle on your shoulder in nyc train, going to school, than you would lock your rifle in your locker, in school, and no one was worried about it. yes it was like that.as long as we have ppl willing to kill, we will continue to have tragedies like that, and no gun control, or even total ban,(if you could do it) will have any effect. it has been tried before more than once, it didn't work.that is why i see your point is actually no point at all.

why?? this is the right place, there was a shooting, using guns, we are talking about guns used in crimes like that, and what would need to be done to prevet it in the future.

Press conference in a few minutes . They're still saying one shooter is a parent ,and they have just stormed his home .

Every agency you can think of is there .

ATF,FBI ,SWAT ,local and federal police .

why?? this is the right place, there was a shooting, using guns, we are talking about guns used in crimes like that, and what would need to be done to prevet it in the future.

No, Aztek, the right place would be a separate thread that you create for that topic... please do so. This is just the request of one member to another. Let the information about the victims flow here... dont turn this area into something else... this is one thread that definately does not need to be hijacked.

Well do when the news is over. Some of us are actually trying to listen to the developing updates of this tragedy. <_<

Proven to be useless? How many non-gun related tragedies have happened lately? Tell ya what...lets get rid of all the guns so I can be "proven" wrong. And I can bring other issues into this. It is called an analogy. Do you know what an analogy is or what they are used for?

I just read of 10 people killed in a multi car pile up.

Should we ban cars?

More people die everyday in auto accidents than do in murders.

How about we make the sentence for murder actually a detterent?

A guy walks into a school and opens fire, if he isnt killed on the spot he will live forever behind bars.

To some people that isnt a deterrent.

In my opinion, the guy should get a trial, an appeal and be executed if found guilty in under a 1 year period.

You cant keep electing liberals that want to coddle everyone and expect the criminals to fear punishment that becomes non-existent.

• Like 1

Associated press is reporting police are searching a home in New Jersey ?! ,that is somehow connected to this .

Well ,if the principle moved for this job,and she was the target ,that is possible ,if that's where she moved from .

15 of the dead were found in one kindergarten class .

So far 2 9mm guns have been found ,but some sort of rifle was used on many of the dead.

The dead shooter is a 20 year old from Connecticut.

A bunch of kids wounded are at Danbury hospital being treated

• Like 1

I think if you guys want to have a debate on gun laws and regulations you should create your own thread for that issue. This thread was created with the solitary purpose of informing people about the tragedies that have taken place in CT today. By diverting from the topic you only draw attention away from the fact that atleast 18 children and 9 adults are now gone. There are times and places for emotion and heated exchange of ideas, however, I do not believe that this thread is the place to do it...

Just my opinion of course, im not a Mod.

Then there would be no need for a thread, thats called the news.

If i want news i'll watch tv or go to a news site.

I come here for exchange of ideas.

• Like 2

The local PD wont be releasing any numbers as far as fatalities at this time. They want to be sure to inform the families before crossing that barrier. Though they did make it clear they were processing and serving warrants both in and out of state.

Small press briefing . They aren't releasing any info or numbers until after proper notification .

President Obama has already called and been informed of all vital info .

Then there would be no need for a thread, thats called the news.

If i want news i'll watch tv or go to a news site.

I come here for exchange of ideas.

Then by all means, keep on topic with the thread instead of turning it into something that it is not. This thread is to discuss what is happening right now in Newton, CT. Where family and friends are trying to processes the fact that there are 27 people dead and many children still missing. Discussing gun control and regulation does not add to that topic and only serves to take away from the victims in this situation.

• Like 2

Well do when the news is over. Some of us are actually trying to listen to the developing updates of this tragedy. <_<

Do you realize how odd that statement is?

You come to "Unexplained Mysteries" to get updates that are currently being broadcast over every news network and on every internet news site.

And then you bash people for discussing the elephant in the room.

Why dont you go to those sites to get your news? its live, its accurate, and its up to date.

And most importantly it doesnt come from someone you dont know.

I will never understand some of you people.

• Like 1

I'm glad I haven't brought any kids into this world.

Edited by Sweetpumper

Then by all means, keep on topic with the thread instead of turning it into something that it is not. This thread is to discuss what is happening right now in Newton, CT. Where family and friends are trying to processes the fact that there are 27 people dead and many children still missing. Discussing gun control and regulation does not add to that topic and only serves to take away from the victims in this situation.

"This just in"

Cop standing beside car with radio.

Appears to speak into radio.....

More to follow......

better?

• Like 1

You're a serious idiot, Captain.

Edited by pallidin
  • Like 2

Just read they think the principal was the target.

Edited by RockabyeBillie

Just read they think the principal was the school target.

I wouldnt speculate to much at this time. I do believe there is another press release coming within the next hour or so. However, if the principal were a target, why would there be so many children targeted? 18 children and 9 adults seems to be the most prevelant number right now.

"This just in"

Cop standing beside car with radio.

Appears to speak into radio.....

More to follow......

better?

Way to make light of a pile of dead children. *******.

• Like 3