Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Elementary school shooting

Simbi Laveau

Quote from a teacher:

Hero teacher Kaitlin Roig tells ABC News that she barricaded her first grade students in classroom bathroom and locked the door when she first heard gun shots. “The kids were being so good. They asked: ‘Can we go see if anyone is out there? … I just want Christmas… I don’t want to die, I just want to have Christmas.’ I said, you’re going to have Christmas and Hanukkah.. I tried to be positive.”

:cry:

Oh my God I'm crying at that too :cry:

i agree with you, and also just like millions others want it not to happen anymore. but to make that happen, we need to find the couse of the problem, not go after means (guns), but all we do is that , going after guns, and that gets us no where. pretty much a fact. we fail everytime we do it, yet there are planty of ppl that want to do it again, doing something useless takes you away from doing something usefull.

The problem is, the means(guns) are way too damn effective killing tools. That's their sole purpose. I wish we could go after the cause, but as long as humans have existed we've created artificial hells on earth that drives ppl insane.

Edited by Maizer
  • Like 1

I was told the brother was the one hiding in the woods nearby.

Theres just so much conflicting information right now. The link ive provided is of the local news live feed in Newtown, CT. Alot of what im hearing and seeing there is different than whats being put out on the national media.

Why do you assume the MEDS are the problem? Sure some meds can be a problem if they are abused or if the illness is over diagnosed, but in most of these cases the problem is because the person was NOT TAKING their meds. The illness is the problem, not the meds... Is there anyone here on meds or in the health care industry?

Separate Thread for this one, Kev... I don't want to hijack.

What a horrible tragedy. p***es me off. wtf wtfwtf This is one of the few things I envy about Japan and China. They have a very, very strict gun ban. Just yesterday some guy in China went crazy with a knife at a elementary school. 20 something kids injured but zero killed.

Holy crap, you brought up a point that I missed earlier. People argued that without guns this type of thing would still happen and used that example...I forgot they left out the fact that no one died...

Separate Thread for this one, Kev... I don't want to hijack.

Fair enough. I don't think it needs another thread...that idea died off pretty quickly...

Reports saying now that the brother was also shot

I think I need to stop paying attention to this until tomorrow when they figure everything out...

I wish we could go after the cause, but as long as humans have existed we've created artificial hells on earth that drives ppl insane.

don't wish, go. anything else will have 0 effect,

OK, this just in from the State Police briefing:

20 children dead

6 faculty members dead

1 off scene person dead(shooters father at his home)

1 gunman dead.

Events like this sicken me. I have three granddaughters about the ages of those kids, and I can barely imagine the horror and grief the parents and grandparents are going through. You guys with your politics and conspiracy theories need to turn off the bile for a day or two.

• Like 2

ABC news just said 2 more kids died at the hospital

• Like 1

How many non-gun related tragedies have happened lately?

They happen all the time. They just don’t get plastered on the nightly news. Locally in the news, I just heard that the medical examiner released a report on the death of a toddler that was claimed to have died accidently. I was determined that the child died from blunt force trauma, i.e. murder. Both incidents take away a part of me.

• Like 1

Ryan Lanza, 20...

lol, actually media screwed that up too.the guy they post a pic of, is alive and had nothing to do with it, and is updating his fb page to deny those rumors.

Why do these incidents happen more in America than elsewhere?

I can tell you exactly why. It isn’t rocket science. More and more Americans are becoming Takers. And by doing so they renege on their Rights and Responsibilities. And because of that, these would-be killers feel that they are victims. How do you fix that? The only way I know how is to empower them in their Rights and Responsibilities. We need bring back into the schools, teaching that there are consequences to your actions.

• Like 2

This guy was not ill!! i reckon he was angry

i think this goes beyond angry...

• Like 1

This is horrifying.

Those kids, dead and alive. Teachers. Families. Everyone.

Peace be upon them all.

• Like 4

Events like this sicken me. I have three granddaughters about the ages of those kids, and I can barely imagine the horror and grief the parents and grandparents are going through. You guys with your politics and conspiracy theories need to turn off the bile for a day or two.

This isn't a website for respect and mourning, it's about unsolved mysteries. If there are political implications or conspiracy theories that may arise from an event like this then so be it. Just because you cannot or choose not to see a bigger picture than the immediate tragedy, don't try to limit or censor the opinions of other posters.

• Like 4

Sorry for a double post, but for those who might have missed this a few minutes ago...

OK, this just in from the State Police briefing(like 10 minutes ago)

20 children dead

6 faculty members dead

1 gunman dead.

Edited by pallidin
  • Like 1

This isn't a website for respect and mourning, it's about unsolved mysteries. If there are political implications or conspiracy theories that may arise from an event like this then so be it. Just because you cannot or choose not to see a bigger picture than the immediate tragedy, don't try to limit or censor the opinions of other posters.

Uhh there is a section for people who have passed away....

Sorry for a double post, but for those wmight have missed this a few minutes ago:

OK, this just in from the State Police briefing:

20 children dead

6 faculty members dead

1 gunman dead.

Might wanna change the off scene to two people

Thanks for the info, but I stopped paying ym TV license cause i never watch live TV anymore, use on demand stuff.

It horrible Coffey.. just unbelievably horrible..

It is said that the shooters girl friend is missing.. They are not sure about his brother as yet.. His dad I think was confirmed dead also.. 20 little children and 6 adults.. and of course to make it 27 in total, the gunman himself

I watched the president speak about it, he couldn't speak much, because it is a sad sad story ... A sheriff was on updating everyone as much as possible

Kids killed between the ages of 5 and 10.. All of them looking forward to Christmas.. All of them had their whole lives ahead of them.......... Unbelievable..

I will NEVER know how anyone can take a gun and point it at a child.. For petes sake that itself is insane

• Like 3

I can tell you exactly why. It isn't rocket science. More and more Americans are becoming Takers. And by doing so they renege on their Rights and Responsibilities. And because of that, these would-be killers feel that they are victims. How do you fix that? The only way I know how is to empower them in their Rights and Responsibilities. We need bring back into the schools, teaching that there are consequences to your actions.

I would not agree...

All people are "takers." People are greedy and selfish by nature. We have been our entire existence. Rats do a better job of sharing (and yes a facinating study showed that rats do share.) People have always been like this. We did not have a problem to this extent before...

This has nothing to do with schooling, or if it does, it has nothing to do with them understanding the consequences. If I was a betting man, I would bet that the people behind these tragedies understand the consequences perfectly well...that is why many of them kill themselves in the process...

• Like 1