Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Elementary school shooting

Simbi Laveau

At 20 years old and on antidepressants with poor socialization skills he would know right from wrong but may not have understood the impulses that made him kill. What he was angry at was his mother as evidenced by the overkill (4 head shots). He then continued to take that anger out on what his mother cared about very much(students). As for what made him do it I heard he was angry that his mom, kept him from his Dad. But thats media bs. I dont know if true. TBH I stopped watching the news on this as it was too disturbing a couple days ago.

After seeing what he had done and being amongst the carnage he likely had a brief moment of clarity and took his own life.

Not gonna look much deeper then that. If we truly understood what made it happen then we become that much closer to what he was. Sometimes ignorance is ok, Its like trying to understand why a serial killer goes about randomly killing people. There is no why. Its WHY !!

I found an article close to what Becky's Mom is saying about how much ammunition this kid was carrying with him. I don't solely think it was a moment of clarity. Many who do this type of thing know they will die, whether by suicide or cop. It's very possible he took his life when he realized police were going to do the one thing they didn't do at Columbine. They didn't set up perimeters. They didn't wait for reinforcements. They went right into the school.

I will wait until the police release the findings from their investigation. So many people on TV talking and it's all different stories about Adam. One man was on tonight talking about how he babysat him and Adam's mom told him not to turn his back on him or even go to the bathroom. I think this is a misleading statement as it infers violence where there is no history of it that we know of but Adam was known to run off, which could have been the real reason she said this. She isn't here to clarify her statement. To much putting words and ideas into people's heads. We should know by the end of the week or so. I'm sure the police are checking his school history, have gotten answers from his father and brother that haven't been released to anyone yet and they have been checking rifle ranges who supposedly are saying Adam was never there. I'm sure they are checking on his medical history very thoroughly. We don't know if he was taking anti-depressants. That's an assumption. Only the autopsy report will show what was in his system at the time. Just like when did he kill his mother? Was it that morning or a few days before? A lot of things are still possible. People in Connecticut are just like people everywhere. They talk even if they don't really know what they're talking about. It's understandable. Everyone feels the need to understand why and what they can say to their children to explain the senseless.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 5

Still one more thing I want to add and I don't want to go back and re-edit my post above. There were 2 adults from the school who were shot, survived and are in the hospital. They will be very important witnesses to what occurred. We have not heard anything they may have said to law enforcement because it hasn't been released yet. They are adults, not children, and what they say will be vital in showing just what type of a frame of mind Adam was in, how clearly he was speaking and acting and will be able to answer a lot of questions about what went on in that school. Eyewitness accounts can be clear or a little clouded, but they were right up close and personal with Adam when he was on his spree.

• Like 1

The two witnesses are being questioned.

An empty school has been opened ,and is being refurbished for the children .

The sandy hook school may never be opened ,which is probably for the best .

The bodies of the shooter and his mom,have not been claimed by anyone .

Not even the boys father .

I think thats very sad ,especially for her . She did nothing wrong .

The funeral director of sandy hook is overwhelmed,as he is the only one doing all the funerals.

• Like 1

The funeral director of sandy hook is overwhelmed,as he is the only one doing all the funerals.

I cannot imagine that being healthy - even for a professional. To prepare the body of a child - even just one - has to be traumatic for an embalmer. Twenty would be enough to scar a person forever I'd think. He will probably need counseling before it's all over. He's bound to be a candidate for PTSD himself.

Yes many first responders and people that were reponsible for dealing with the aftermath will soon leave that type of work. Similiar to what happened after 911. The trauma would be exterme at best to ones psyche and ability to cope with even on a primal level. Being that the victims were children is the most horrfiying thing to imagine personally.

It is not in our even primal instincts to deal with scenes of this nature.

• Like 1

Because it was her right to given to her by the 2nd Amendment. To answer your question without answering what you really asked.

I found an article close to what Becky's Mom is saying about how much ammunition this kid was carrying with him. I don't solely think it was a moment of clarity. Many who do this type of thing know they will die, whether by suicide or cop. It's very possible he took his life when he realized police were going to do the one thing they didn't do at Columbine. They didn't set up perimeters. They didn't wait for reinforcements. They went right into the school.

I will wait until the police release the findings from their investigation. So many people on TV talking and it's all different stories about Adam. One man was on tonight talking about how he babysat him and Adam's mom told him not to turn his back on him or even go to the bathroom. I think this is a misleading statement as it infers violence where there is no history of it that we know of but Adam was known to run off, which could have been the real reason she said this. She isn't here to clarify her statement. To much putting words and ideas into people's heads. We should know by the end of the week or so. I'm sure the police are checking his school history, have gotten answers from his father and brother that haven't been released to anyone yet and they have been checking rifle ranges who supposedly are saying Adam was never there. I'm sure they are checking on his medical history very thoroughly. We don't know if he was taking anti-depressants. That's an assumption. Only the autopsy report will show what was in his system at the time. Just like when did he kill his mother? Was it that morning or a few days before? A lot of things are still possible. People in Connecticut are just like people everywhere. They talk even if they don't really know what they're talking about. It's understandable. Everyone feels the need to understand why and what they can say to their children to explain the senseless.

I read somewhere that the police are also checking his computer .. Like you said, it is best to wait and see what evidence the police if they have any more findings linked to this tragic story..

At one point I must admit, I was thinking in regards to his mother being shot in her pyjamas, that she could have caught him taking the guns and tried to stop him, so he shot her first? Like I said that was just me thinking about ideas of what could have happened in my head... I will admit I have no clue what really was going down.. But for some reason, I still have a weird feeling he was not the only one involved, I feel there could have been a couple more who planned this and more..

Cassea posted a link to a news video ( pages back ) and a lady was on talking about how a crime like this had to be something carefully planned out first. That's when it hit me, of course, it is not a case of someone walking one day armed to the hilt with loaded guns and thought " Hey look an elementary school, I think I'll go kill a few children," there had to be a plan and that also led me to think he may have planned it with a couple of others.. I cannot shake that feeling

What I cannot stop thinking about the parents of the little victims, what they are going through.. These past few days, my own daughter who is the same age as the children who were shot to death in their classroom... Becky comes home from school and later would sit and draw Christmas pictures, make home-made Christmas cards, even sits reading her Christmas story book, talks about Christmas non stop full of excitement.. I then think of the children who were likely to have done the same as Becky...Their parents must be going through the worst time, I really feel for them.

Then you have the loved ones of the adults who were shot, they too must be going through a horrible time...It is so sad.. I think people of that town, may not be as festive and ready to celebrate this year, and I know what that feels like, as I too after grieving over a loss around Dec, I couldn't bring myself to feel cheer one year ....

What I cannot stop thinking about the parents of the little victims, what they are going through.. These past few days, my own daughter who is the same age as the children who were shot to death in their classroom... Becky comes home from school and later would sit and draw Christmas pictures, make home-made Christmas cards, even sits reading her Christmas story book, talks about Christmas non stop full of excitement.. I then think of the children who were likely to have done the same as Becky...Their parents must be going through the worst time, I really feel for them.

Then you have the loved ones of the adults who were shot, they too must be going through a horrible time...It is so sad.. I think people of that town, may not be as festive and ready to celebrate this year, and I know what that feels like, as I too after grieving over a loss around Dec, I couldn't bring myself to feel cheer one year ....

I feel the same; rather than plan for all the excitement of Christmas morning with thier babies, these parents had to plan funerals for the holidays. So sad, it brings tears to my eyes every time that I think about it. :cry:

• Like 2

The (Ill call them the Feds now) Feds say they wont be able to retreive any information off the hardrive . Apparently he had smashed it with a hammer before this happened. Does add alot to the planned stuff and then we go on from there to many scenarios. Id also like to say they havent shown any pictures of a smashed Hard Drive.

• Like 1

I feel the same; rather than plan for all the excitement of Christmas morning with thier babies, these parents had to plan funerals for the holidays. So sad, it brings tears to my eyes every time that I think about it. :cry:

No parent should ever have to bury their child.. My daughter came over as I was reading a news article, it showed the pictures of the small kids who were killed that day. She asked me what happened to the children? I briefly told her, and all she could say to me was..."So sad, but will santa go up to heaven to give them their presents?" .. I just hugged her, and told yes.. With her being so young, she doesn't exactly understand it all

• Like 6

I posted this link because it's the first I found showing the interview with police on video. It may take a little longer than I thought for police to release much. They promise to search Adam's background to the day of his birth and get answers.

http://www.euronews....hool-shootings/

http://abcnews.go.com/US/adult-survivors-connecticut-school-shooting-key-witnesses/story?id=17998071#.UNB3q-TBHSh

Edited by susieice

No parent should ever have to bury their child.. My daughter came over as I was reading a news article, it showed the pictures of the small kids who were killed that day. She asked me what happened to the children? I briefly told her, and all she could say to me was..."So sad, but will santa go up to heaven to give them their presents?" .. I just hugged her, and told yes.. With her being so young, she doesn't exactly understand it all

Oh man, that just choked me up all over again. :cry:

• Like 1

I disagree. A mentally unstable boy is a ticking time bomb. She took that boy and armed him and trained him to use assault weapons. I wouldn't claim her either. She is responsible for the deaths of those students.

Also they hired 25-30 people to help with the funerals.

Edited by Cassea

Oh man, that just choked me up all over again. :cry:

Sorry about that, but sometimes we can't avoid feeling sad when these things happen..

Edited by Beckys_Mom
  • Like 1

Becky's Mom that was precious of your daughter. So sweet.

Thank you ..She wrote a letters to heaven beofre too...The minister told her he will post them, I was happy the minister played along with it.. .. I value the innocence, because it won't always be around

Edited by Beckys_Mom
  • Like 1

I disagree. A mentally unstable boy is a ticking time bomb. She took that boy and armed him and trained him to use assault weapons. I wouldn't claim her either. She is responsible for the deaths of those students.

Also they hired 25-30 people to help with the funerals.

He killed them with pistols, not assault weapons.....( sources say anyway )

She is not responsible one bit, she did nothing illegal, she did not train him to go out and kill innocent people. And she did not arm him with weapons.....That is a stupid comment if you ask me.

" here son, have my guns, go play with them "....... :no:

From what I have read, she taught him to respect guns, and actually, she may have taken him to a gun range ( like millions of parents do with their kids ), there is nothing showing she " trained " him......

She took her son out with her on things she enjoys, spent time one on one with him.....If that is a crime, something is wrong.

Edited by Sakari
  • Like 3

Oh great, now they're trying to blame a sci-fi game for everything:

Mob Blames Mass Effect For School Shooting, Is Embarrassingly Wrong

http://kotaku.com/59...wrong/gallery/1

I just can't facepalm enough ...

When the Columbine shooting happened, everybody brought up the fact that the shooters had been into the video game "Doom". I think its just more misplaced blame. I don't think violent video games lead to certain psychological issues. Rather, I think people with certain psychological issues gravitate to violent video games.

Edited by Order66
  • Like 2

When the Columbine shooting happened, everybody brought up the fact that the shooters had been into the video game "Doom". I think its just more misplaced blame. I don't think violent video games lead to certain psychological issues. Rather, I think people with certain psychological issues gravitate to violent video games.

i think that's true as well.

He killed them with pistols, not assault weapons.....( sources say anyway )

She is not responsible one bit, she did nothing illegal, she did not train him to go out and kill innocent people. And she did not arm him with weapons.....That is a stupid comment if you ask me.

" here son, have my guns, go play with them "....... :no:

From what I have read, she taught him to respect guns, and actually, she may have taken him to a gun range ( like millions of parents do with their kids ), there is nothing showing she " trained " him......

She took her son out with her on things she enjoys, spent time one on one with him.....If that is a crime, something is wrong.

I don't agree with everything you post. But I agree with this! I might ask my dad soon to have some gun lessons.

My stepmom is one of those people! Ugh. My little brother plays all sorts of games: zombies, COD, etc. and he hasn't done anything violent. Besides I rather him play video games and do things what other "teens" do at his age.

Edited by Princess Serenity

I don't agree with everything you post. But I agree with this! I might ask my dad soon to have some gun lessons.

You should never agree with people all the time......If you do, something is wrong with you. :tu:

Gun Safety Classes a must.....

Skeet Shooting, that is fun !

Where the hell is this other guy they pulled out of the woods dressed in camos?

???????????

Just looked, ....Probablly some random homeless dude,.wrong place at wrong time........I am sure he is released.

Edited by Sakari

Why the hell isnt the camo guy been identified and why was he hanging a grammar school in the woods in camo. Certainly he would have been known to the local community as it isnt very large.