Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Elementary school shooting

Simbi Laveau

In the US yes you can but god forbid you have a beer.

How did I minor get the fire power and a vest.

There are military surplus stores where you can buy military equipment.

From hardwear, to military apparel, to knives, etc.

Local Philadelphia news was reporting last night that the shooter's mother Nancy Lanza, does not appear on the staff roster for the Sandy Hook Elementary School although at least one parent said she was a substitute teacher there. They are also reporting that the guns may have belonged to her. She had legitimately purchased 5 weapons that police are aware of.

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news/national_world&id=8920117

Pro gun U.S. militia: Y'know, if all those kids would've just been allowed to have guns, this would never have happened.

I hate how the defunct argument is put forward that gun crime would go down if only everyone/more people could carry guns (this would result in more gun crime). Why don't you look at countries elsewhere around the world. How much gun crime is there in Britain? Sweden? Germany? Where gun control is far more strict.

Americans always give the reason that it's in the Constitution (different era) and they have the right to carry not mainly to protect themselves from each other, but to protect themselves from the threat of a tyrannical government. Yet ask any American and they will tell you that they live in one of the, if not the, most free nation/s on earth. Why so afraid?

This is a sad and horrible story but it is hardly an isolated case. Wake up Americans. Guns 'r bad, M'kay.

Edited by ExpandMyMind
  • Like 2

I do agree with gun proponents on one thing. There has to be a legitimate means of non-lethal but extremely effective defense for, say, a woman or elderly man against home intruders. Unless there is, we can't seriously start talking about gun control or bans.

Fox News is confirming that Nancy Lanza was a teacher at the school. They say her son went into the school and shot her class. They are also saying the guns used were registered to her.

http://www.foxnews.c...ecticut-school/

So so so so sad. I can't imagine what those families are going through now. It should be Christmas. The tree is up and Santa is coming. Such sorrow.

Edit to add: ABC is saying that relatives of the Lanza family say she was not teaching at the school.

http://gma.yahoo.com...topstories.html

Just so much confusion still.

CNN says no also. Why did he go to this school?

http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/14/us/connecticut-school-shooting/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Edited by susieice

It horrible Coffey.. just unbelievably horrible..

It is said that the shooters girl friend is missing.. They are not sure about his brother as yet.. His dad I think was confirmed dead also.. 20 little children and 6 adults.. and of course to make it 27 in total, the gunman himself

I watched the president speak about it, he couldn't speak much, because it is a sad sad story ... A sheriff was on updating everyone as much as possible

Kids killed between the ages of 5 and 10.. All of them looking forward to Christmas.. All of them had their whole lives ahead of them.......... Unbelievable..

I will NEVER know how anyone can take a gun and point it at a child.. For petes sake that itself is insane

Yes it truly is horrible.

Being near Christmas does make it worse as well, really feel sorry for the families. Losing someone at Christmas is never nice, but a child. That's just unthinkable.

This reminds me of Dunblane. Really sad.

• Like 1

Yes it truly is horrible.

Being near Christmas does make it worse as well, really feel sorry for the families. Losing someone at Christmas is never nice, but a child. That's just unthinkable.

This reminds me of Dunblane. Really sad.

I live about 10 miles from there and my brother's girlfriend is from there. The effects of that day still resonate throughout the entire town. It's the sort of tragedy that could take an age to recover from.

• Like 1

I live about 10 miles from there and my brother's girlfriend is from there. The effects of that day still resonate throughout the entire town. It's the sort of tragedy that could take an age to recover from.

Yeah I'm not surprised. Truly horrible. :td:

Mate, you do not have an argument. Any doubling of gun crime is negligible compared to what is happening in your country.

And can you show that surveillance has anything to do with it?

Stop evading the point - more guns means more people die from gun crime.

he actually has a point, mate.

first, don't compare our countries.

second, crimes went up, it in itself shows disarming population doesn't make them safer, you were just as safe before guns were confiscated.

tell Israel, and Switzerland that more guns leads to more gun death.

he actually has a point, mate.

first, don't compare our countries.

second, crimes went up, it in itself shows disarming population doesn't make them safer, you were just as safe before guns were confiscated.

tell Israel, and Switzerland that more guns leads to more gun death.

Shes saying that he thinks surveillance is increasing violence

I totally disagree.

I think that mental illness is not nearly as prevalent in the USA than the doctors and big pharma would have us believe.

Nearly every normal human emotion is now being considered a mental illness that demands chemical treatment.

I think it's the drugs that are screwing people up.

I know, I know, it's not been confirmed yet if the shooter was on any medication, but I'll bet $100 he was. Call it a hunch.

Its now been released that he was an honours student suffering from guess what? A suspected personality disorder - http://news.sky.com/story/1025790/newtown-shooting-gunman-was-honours-student

As I was saying 30% of the US population are borderline and 5% have full blown personality disorders which is the highest rate in the world. Its caused by people having a defective self-image and the guilty party is the negative culture in America. Theres a reason why pop music, magazines and television programs are censored in more Conservative countries and it isnt because the leaders are nasty tyrants trying to take peoples freedom away.

Freedom should not be a cover for psychological abuse designed to make people buy consumer products.

Ok...I walked away from this thread as I was getting too emotional and I come back a few hours later...read a few posts and now I am enraged. Not just at the tragedy today but at the wanna be "I'm so special and empathetic" losers...

You want to feel the pain?...You want to share in the tragedy? Why don't you act this way when thousands of innocent men women AND children are killed by the Holy America's drone attacks? What about Somalia and Sudan or the Congo? Because they use bombs and machete's it's not so tragic? or is because we think we are so better than everyone else? We have killed untold thousands of children over the last 10 years...where is your empathy and outcries for that?

You all make me sick to my stomach with your selfish self righteous outcries...you are all hypocrites of the finest order and I hope you puke your dinner up when you realize what I just said is the abso-****g-lute truth...have a nice freaking night...

Yes there is a lot of truth in what you say, there are thousands of children suffering at the hands of many. I understand you anger... I pray for all the suffering in the world but not all of us forget about them though. What a terrible world we live in and lest not us forget about those who are forgotten.

Edit to add: Perhaps you maybe better starting a new thread to hightlight this in a less emotional environment.

Edited by Star of the Sea

For all you people that are against gun control, just suck it up & accept it because it's gonna be a regular event, for the rest of you I truly feel sorry.

• Like 1

This has to be the most senseless crime I have ever heard of. At least with situations like columbine, as horrible as it was, you can at least identify a reason. A grown man murdering babies has to be the most horrific thing Ive ever heard. This happened within 50 miles of where I live. Im going to the next school meeting and am proposing that we hire a private security company to have armed guards whos only purpose is to confront intruders. We cant have mad gunmen entering our schools with no line of defense. It sucks to cause our schools are already very similar to prisons. Its a sick world we live in these days. I couldnt even imagine being told my son wasnt coming home. My life would be over.

• Like 3

For all you people that are against gun control, just suck it up & accept it because it's gonna be a regular event, for the rest of you I truly feel sorry.

People who love freedom are never going to accept gun control. Especialy if they are going to try a ban like they have done in certain places in Europe. It would be totaly counter productive. It would make things a 1000 times worse here cause the black market would explode. And they wouldnt be selling those guns to law abiding folks. If they come for the guns, things are going to get very ugly. The answer isnt less guns. The answer is to accept that there are sick people in this world. A man who is willing to die in order to kill you is a very hard thing to stop, guns or no guns. More people need to be armed to confront problems like this. Taking away my guns only leaves my family in more danger then I otherwise would be.

We need to take a serious look at the how drug companies push anti depressant drugs on children. So far without fail every mass gunmen in this country has been on anti depressant drugs. I will be shocked to find out if this guy wasnt on them. We have a generation of people who are becoming adults that have been way over medicated with harmful mind altering drugs.

• Like 1

People who love freedom are never going to accept gun control.

you should not allow them to disarm you, i understand this now because of what happening in syria, the goverment should not be stronger than the people, the army should side with the people only, governments can be replaced, no problem,

also there is the hunting, my big brother always had illegal hunt rifle, that's his Hobby, at least he can still do what he is doing without being an outlaw, it's stupid to ban hunting when no body listen

Shes saying that he thinks surveillance is increasing violence

no, she is saying they don't have anything similar (tragedies like this), cuz guns are banned. surveillance has nothing to do with it, idk why it was even brought up.

People who love freedom are never going to accept gun control. Especialy if they are going to try a ban like they have done in certain places in Europe. It would be totaly counter productive. It would make things a 1000 times worse here cause the black market would explode. And they wouldnt be selling those guns to law abiding folks. If they come for the guns, things are going to get very ugly. The answer isnt less guns. The answer is to accept that there are sick people in this world. A man who is willing to die in order to kill you is a very hard thing to stop, guns or no guns. More people need to be armed to confront problems like this. Taking away my guns only leaves my family in more danger then I otherwise would be.

We need to take a serious look at the how drug companies push anti depressant drugs on children. So far without fail every mass gunmen in this country has been on anti depressant drugs. I will be shocked to find out if this guy wasnt on them. We have a generation of people who are becoming adults that have been way over medicated with harmful mind altering drugs.

Then it would appear that the USA has more than it's fair share. Sick people with guns.....what a recipe for continued disaster.

Edited by itsnotoutthere

p.s.

"People who love freedom are never going to accept gun control" ....Using that logic why don't you legalize beastiality, paedophilia & drugs while your at it.?

Some like to blame guns

Some will go ahead and blame TV and games

The way I see it is simple - If the USA banned guns, a person who is mentally unstable, would STILL find some way of destroying innocent lives.. A madman who is ready to cause so much hurt and bloodshed, would have found another way to destroy those kids and many others.. Whether it be a home-made weapon like a petrol bomb, or something else..

My point is straight forward, guns or no guns , if a person is mentally unstable and wants to kill all around them, they will find other ways to do it...In saying that the gun he had made it easier for him to kill more people, maybe not as many people would have died, like from a knife or a home-made bomb, but lives would still be destroyed...So my point still is, its not the weapon, its the person using it, if their mind is unstable and they have it in their head to kill, they will stop at nothing..

Edited by Beckys_Mom
  • Like 3

Some like to blame guns

Some will go ahead and blame TV and games

If the USA banned guns, a person who is mentally unstable, would STILL find some way of destroying innocent lives..

My point is straight forward, guns or no guns , if a person is mentally unstable and wants to kill all around them, they will find other ways to do it...

Yeah I agree, some people would go to the extremes.

Yeah I agree, some people would go to the extremes.

Absolutely ...Anyone with a mental disorder who wants to hurt and kill will take any measure to do it, IF they really can

Sadly pieces of **** like Alex Jones are using this to put out their own twisted views and trying to pump up fear and paranoia. Only a matter of time before claims start that this was some kind of false flag op. :(

• Like 2

I feel agony and grief seeing something like this, but I won't let my emotions rule like those shouting "Ban all guns." Removal of guns from citizens won't do anything, criminals will still guns. Criminals ignore laws, that is what a criminal is. An mass murderer who is determine will obtain a gun regardless if they are banned or not.