Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

CIA Tortured & Sodomized Terror Suspect

OverSword

Is there justification in going after terrorists, suspected terrorists and terrorist supporters? My answer is yes. Are some of the methods the US and allies use to interview these people correct? My answer is no. If the person is a terrorist and not a suspected terrorist, I think their fate belongs to their enemy who has captured them. I have no compassion for them. The rules of war and Geneva Convention do not apply to them. These people want to kill and it really does not matter to them if they knowingly kill women, children and other helpless individuals. This applies not only to foreign terrorists but internal terrorists as well. For the people who protest the procedures used on known terrorist personnel - what do you think would happen if you were snatched by a terrorist organization. Do you think any of them would be compassionate to you and have any moral obligations to see that you were treated well?

That being said, there needs to be a 100% positive identification that the detained person is a terrorist and not just a person of interest. A person of interest should be afforded all rights and protections until they are or are not identified as terrorists'.

• Like 2

Torture, in any form, does not work and does not lead to reliable information. This has been know for many, many years, yet still it continues...

It still continues because we are a morally depraved country. I'm ashamed of that fact, but it is a fact. The average christian church has been absolutely silent about torture. Only a tiny few have condemned it.

The average person on the street will rationalize it, if asked about it. A very sad state of affairs.

• Like 1

Torture, in any form, does not work and does not lead to reliable information. This has been know for many, many years, yet still it continues...

I have to disagree with this. Torture does work if you want an individual to say what you want to hear or confess to something he would normally not. Despots have used torture for years to get confessions from people before executing them.

I can also see how it occurs in this day and age when the US is wanting certain answers and sub-contract their interrogation out to other countries- especially if funding is involved. No results is no pay after all.

• Like 1

Torture someone long enough and they'll confess to anything. Probably about 20 seconds on a water board. Torture someone for days and they'll probably confess just to get executed.

Sodomy isn't torture? Macho men said the same thing about waterboarding. "Conservative" rant raiser 'Mancow' couldn't even handle five seconds of that, and that was knowing exactly what was going to happen in advance, administered by friends he knew had no intention of hurting him. Incidentally, this was after his foolish pronouncement that waterboarding isn't torture.

• Like 2

Having read the book about the Stanford Prison Experiment in the 70s, it is no surprise that some humans come out in favor of blurring the line about just what is torture. Some humans boldly defend torture, deluded by silly nonsense on TV shows.

The spirit of Nuremberg is dead and gone in this bloody judeo christian country.

• Like 2

I have to disagree with this. Torture does work if you want an individual to say what you want to hear or confess to something he would normally not. Despots have used torture for years to get confessions from people before executing them.

I can also see how it occurs in this day and age when the US is wanting certain answers and sub-contract their interrogation out to other countries- especially if funding is involved. No results is no pay after all.

The point is that those things that they normally would not say under torture are not true things. No reliable intel comes from torture, but if you're looking to find a few hundred witches....

• Like 5

No, you just made a typical blanket statement and I simply told you that you were incorrect. Go back and look at the thread.

http://www.unexplain...topic=233373=

BTW, people can stay awake longer than that and live....who woulda thunk it.

Assumptions galore as before

Yes you're right, people can stay awake longer than 5 days and not die from it. They also can stay awake 5 days and die from it. Thats why guiness no longer keeps the record for longest time with no sleep. I don't get what point you're trying to make. My point is that torture is wrong. Please clearly state your point now.
  • Like 4

Yes you're right, people can stay awake longer than 5 days and not die from it. They also can stay awake 5 days and die from it. Thats why guiness no longer keeps the record for longest time with no sleep. I don't get what point you're trying to make. My point is that torture is wrong. Please clearly state your point now.

Okay, this is MY point stated clearly {.}

good. how else can we get terrorists to talk? ask them? please read "the prince" by machiavelli and you will understand and stop living in the fantasy world that this is a utopia.

The point is that those things that they normally would not say under torture are not true things. No reliable intel comes from torture, but if you're looking to find a few hundred witches....

and reliable intel can come from torture too.

Having read the book about the Stanford Prison Experiment in the 70s, it is no surprise that some humans come out in favor of blurring the line about just what is torture. Some humans boldly defend torture, deluded by silly nonsense on TV shows.

The spirit of Nuremberg is dead and gone in this bloody judeo christian country.

I had not heard of the Experiment, until I stumbled across it in a TV show called DARK MATTERS. So I read more about it. It was a fascinating (if not a bit reckless) study.

• Like 1

Sodomizing someone as torture?

Who in their right mind would perform sodomy as a torture?

" hey, I know lets try this"........Really?

a horny sodomizer

• Like 1

The majority of information gathered through torture is unreliable. But please, keep justifying it.

• Like 2

Prove that to be true,

If a person does not know what they are being tortured for will say anything and if not how woudl one know. It does not work

Edited by The Silver Thong
  • Like 1

good. how else can we get terrorists to talk? ask them? please read "the prince" by machiavelli and you will understand and stop living in the fantasy world that this is a utopia.

So you sodomize them?

might as well beat a bunch of puppies yo figure out what one chat on the floor.

I step on ants sometimes. Even if they live in my house. :gun:

I had not heard of the Experiment, until I stumbled across it in a TV show called DARK MATTERS. So I read more about it. It was a fascinating (if not a bit reckless) study.

Phillip Zimbardo conducted the experiment and wrote the book, The Lucifer Effect. A very appropriate title. He was called in (I think to Congress) to testify about the Abu Ghraib torture spectacle. In the end, it's a fascinating study of the darker side of human behavior.

The thread topic incident here is rather a cross between The Lucifer Effect and Stanley Milgram's study about humans following directions from authority figures.

• Like 1

Some people have no moral compass,and no intelligence. It's a bad mix.

• Like 1

From the article:

CIA agents tortured a German citizen, sodomising, shackling, and beating him, as Macedonian state police looked on, the European court of human rights said in a historic judgment released on Thursday.

In a unanimous ruling, it also found Macedonia guilty of torturing, abusing, and secretly imprisoning Khaled el-Masri, a German of Lebanese origin allegedly linked to terrorist organisations.

Masri was seized in Macedonia in December 2003 and handed over to a CIA "rendition team" at Skopje airport and secretly flown to Afghanistan.

It is the first time the court has described CIA treatment meted out to terror suspects as torture

http://www.guardian....-terror-suspect

Interesting that they actually do refer to it as torture when the person was innocent but just enhanced interogation otherwise.

OK, now let the justifications begin!

Lube up boy!

lol

I wonder what information you can gain from sodomy?

A from the heart :

" I love you " :w00t:

Edited by Sakari
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Waterboarding is only a misdemeanor if you are a US citizen and its your own kids. I WTFLOL'd

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/montana-man-admits-waterboarding-children-article-1.1286845

• Like 1

So which came first the torture of terrorists or the acts of terrorism that lead to the torture of terrorists?

the acts of outside interference ,over the centuries now, which caused hatred of the outside interferers.

• Like 1