Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

U.S. Fire Arms laws and regulations

Dredimus

Start worrying about the USA and not other Countries, spend the money here.

ALL the countries currently involved in war need to do this! Plus they need to forget about space travel, Hadron colliders etc etc ...... focus the money and the attention on their own citizens.

• Like 1

Thanks for the link ...... what a fascinating read! He most certainly wasn't a 'nutter' though, and I think a bit of a 'one off' because of his army background. No-one else has done anything similar(with a truck and explosives), have they?

I don't know, Ouija. To me he was nutter, because he took things too far. In some ways I could understand were he was coming from, some of his fears I mean, but there was no need to kill innocent people (specifically children) just to make a point. Wrong kind of action from my point of view.

As to your question: Well unfortunately yes, since then we've had a couple of attempted mass murders in the U.S. who've tried and failed. Yet, somehow by luck or chance, these vehicle bombs didn't go off. So thank god, the universe, or whatever, they didn't happen and kill anybody.

On April 20, 1999, Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold planned to use two car bombs as the last act of the Columbine High School massacre, apparently to murder police and first responders. Both car bombs failed to explode, though Klebold's detonated at 11 PM instead 11 AM as planned, but no one was injured.
A car bomb which had misfired was discovered in Times Square, New York City on May 1, 2010. The bomb had been planted by Faisal Shahzad. Evidence suggests that the bombing was planned by the Pakistani Taliban.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Car_bomb

You'll haft scroll down a little bit to find them in the list, it's after McVeigh.

Could `nt agree more we had a bunch of cougars in our yard that almost got our dog, so worried about the grandkids comming over ,we now go out with a gun handy :)

Oh Damn! That's scary as hell, man. Carry with you a Ka bar fighting knife for backup, as well. Those damn cougars are quick and sometimes it's hard to shoot one when it's already on top of you. They're sneaky b******* and like to pounce on you out of nowhere. I mean you don't even see them sometimes. :o

Had a cougar cull our herd of geese a few years back. He hunted at night. I only saw him once up in a tree sittting there watching the geese. I live on the edge of a city.

You got a gun, right? Seriously, I know you got to have at least one.

And it's funny you should mention the part about the cougar sitting up in a tree. Had a lady tell me a while back, she saw one sitting up in a tree in her backyard. And she lives almost in the middle of the town, but in a quiet neighborhood. Said it was just sitting up there, staring at her, as she walked on by and was carrying groceries into the house from her car. She locked the door and called animal control, but it was gone by the time the police and animal control got there. The scary part, she said she would of never known it was up there when she got home, unless the next door neighbor's dog behind his fence hadn't been snarling, growling, barking, carrying on like something was extremely wrong. She just happened to look up at what he was barking at and there the damn thing was, sitting right in the tree, watching her.

Yeah I wouldnt of seen it but its tail was hanging down below a branch. Would have walked right under it.

I have seen the soccer games :)

How come Soccer games have so many fights and riots, but USA baseball, football, and hockey ( college through the pro ranks ) this is pretty much a never happened or happens thing?

No guns at either, yet UK sporting events have more violence?.....Actually, as said, USA as far as I know, have none.

as I said the UK is a far more violent society.I have visited the USA a few times as well as Canada and I can never get over the fact that when you go in a bar in those places people actually speak to you and are friendly.90% of the time I walk in a bar in England it feels

like someone is going to smash a bottle over my head because my accent isn't local to the area or some other bloody stupid reason

I really am pleased our population can't easily get firearms.

Then a hundred million gun owners who may be great with a gun might not be so good at chemistry. I don't know much about making ammo but that's a lot of gun powder in a lot of wrong hands. I'm not talking about making explosives, I'm talking about making explosives on accident or house fires at the leas

The Internet is like a fountain of knowledge Ive heard. Perhaps we could get a recipe there.

The Internet is like a fountain of knowledge Ive heard. Perhaps we could get a recipe there.

Yea, but I'm just sayin. While guns take responsibility, they don't take science to operate. Making ammo takes chemistry. I'm a good shot but the only class I ever got an 'F' in high school was chemistry while I was generally well above average in most other classes. I'm sure it's really not that hard to make ammo but I'd rather most people get it factory made. Besides fires or explosions, many people could overload their shells which could be bad or make duds which could get them killed by a perpetrator when the gun doesn't fire. Instructions or not, there are bound to be many shoddy bullets made if everybody had to make their own.

Well Im just saying Im a **** shot but a not too bad chemist. But yeah There was some rave about banning ammo. You should know me by now Im gonna hit that craptalk with the real world. You think a Black Kid 10 years old in Chicago cant put out 50# of military grade ammo on a moments notice. Thats what people are missing in this opicture odf Gun Control Talk. And I didnt bring up Florida Texas Arizona LA , The SOUTH, Washington, Colorado and whatever else you want to add.

Im just sayin gun control is bad idea.

yes we have a smaller population but we are packed in like sardines we als have a more violent society .look up assault rates drunken assaults and the like if we had gun laws like you it would be utter carnage .

i was in the army and worked with a lot of american soldiers and they said the same after witnessing a drunken night out with us .the british are hooligans .the single reason our murder rate is lower is we cant get guns .it really is that easy.

I could imagine the spectacle with ten blokes having concealed carry permits on a Friday out in Hackney :gun:

• Like 1

Its just a young heart Confusing My mind. I will never be your lover.

Its my 2nd Amendment

and every other Red Blooded American

because you failed

to follow

the recomendations of the founding fathers

to compulsory train every man

as we have correqural school

that wont be my problem

today.

I will be no matter what

you try to take away

I am the 1st Amendment

the 2nd Amendment protects me.

Try to take my rights away

you may get to feel me.

so please blow out all the candles like we are in a crime scene

I am the pulse of America.

I have red blood and I bleed too

Today I am innocent.

My hands are free.

I intend to keep them next to me.

Dont ever **** with me

because I am free.

Edited by AsteroidX
  • Like 1

Only if we make stupid illegal at the same time

Some gun enthusiasts make there own bullets and can certainly relaod there own shells

Then a hundred million gun owners who may be great with a gun might not be so good at chemistry. I don't know much about making ammo but that's a lot of gun powder in a lot of wrong hands. I'm not talking about making explosives, I'm talking about making explosives on accident or house fires at the least.

That was sarcasm.....I thought obvious sarcasm.....I was not serious.....Was being facetious.....Was making a joke.....

I'm sorry Sakari but we had a meeting and we all agreed to take everything you say at face value.

;)

:tu:

Thanks for that, needed a smile this morning :)

Its just a young heart Confusing My mind. I will never be your lover.

OK, is this set to some kind of rhythm? Some kind of beat? Maybe it's some new rap? :gun:

Ehm, yes. And because there is no control people just disregard it, as we have just learned.

I would sue the safe manufacturer...unless you left the key hanging beside the safe as I do (but I never have anything worth stealing in there, it is just there to safeguard my papers in case of fire). Even cheap safes, properly mounted and filled with sand, cannot be opened without considerable work, to the point that it makes hardly any sense to start drilling it unless very desperate for a gun or you have Prince Albert's duel guns in there) . And a metal cabinet, even with a combination lock (mostly as cheap as the metal cabinet) is NOT a safe. It is a metal cabinet.

What you seem to be advocating is to lock away all weapons in such a way that they would be useless for their intended purpose (which I'm sure you understand) and if one does not do this they should be held criminally liable. And when these episodes of mentally ill shooters still continue? What then? The next step, of course.... I fully believe that the owner should be held completely liable CRIMINALLY if a weapon they are in possession of is used to kill anyone. It is a responsibility no different than say, drinking and driving. But gun control folks don't ultimately want responsibility - they want to control the rights of others to suit their own mores. I think they are suckers carrying the water for the government in an effort to take away the 2nd amendment and I hope that if the day comes that law enforcement actually comes for the guns we will see a second American revolution.
  • Like 1

Well Im just saying Im a **** shot but a not too bad chemist. But yeah There was some rave about banning ammo. You should know me by now Im gonna hit that craptalk with the real world. You think a Black Kid 10 years old in Chicago cant put out 50# of military grade ammo on a moments notice. Thats what people are missing in this opicture odf Gun Control Talk. And I didnt bring up Florida Texas Arizona LA , The SOUTH, Washington, Colorado and whatever else you want to add.

Im just sayin gun control is bad idea.

That was sarcasm.....I thought obvious sarcasm.....I was not serious.....Was being facetious.....Was making a joke.....

Asteroid, actually, I don't know you. This thread is the first I ever saw you and I understand the real world just fine thanks. I hope you haven't mistaken me for a liberal gun control fanatic. Calling me liberal would be bad enough in itself.

To both of you:

Firstly, I could really give two sh!ts about the side effects of banning ammo. I hope that never appens. I don't own a gun but if I did, I'd be the first ameteur chemist risking everything I mentioned. Second, nothing I said was unreasonable or worthy of a smart comment. This is an open conversation, I seen something someone said, and I understood the sarcasm, so I commemented on it and the possibilities of such an action.

Asteroid, actually, I don't know you. This thread is the first I ever saw you and I understand the real world just fine thanks. I hope you haven't mistaken me for a liberal gun control fanatic. Calling me liberal would be bad enough in itself.

To both of you:

Firstly, I could really give two sh!ts about the side effects of banning ammo. I hope that never appens. I don't own a gun but if I did, I'd be the first ameteur chemist risking everything I mentioned. Second, nothing I said was unreasonable or worthy of a smart comment. This is an open conversation, I seen something someone said, and I understood the sarcasm, so I commemented on it and the possibilities of such an action.

Hey now, I just want it clear I was joking....I am not for taking guns, nor ammo away.

I did not want to be confused with the anti-gun clan.

It was also a very bad joke.....

" guns do not hurt people, people hurt people'

I was taking that and running with it.....( although I agree with it 100% )

" guns don't hurt people, bullets do "

Hence, ban ammunition :)

I know, don't quit my day job.....

Hey now, I just want it clear I was joking....I am not for taking guns, nor ammo away.

I did not want to be confused with the anti-gun clan.

It was also a very bad joke.....

" guns do not hurt people, people hurt people'

I was taking that and running with it.....( although I agree with it 100% )

" guns don't hurt people, bullets do "

Hence, ban ammunition :)

I know, don't quit my day job.....

It's cool man. Honestly, I'm lost. I didn't know who I was commenting on in the first place then asteroid bombed me then you bombed us both. I had to say something back. Lets forget it and yea, don't quit your 9-5.

Ive read your posts sakari and I kinda get where you stand. Somewhere in the middle. While respectable and worthwhile to listen to. I stand solidly on this issue. My opinion is not changing just as my lot in life has not changed.

Actually banning ammunition would not be a good idea as you saw the reaction it sparked. It would do nothing to improve things and infact make it much worse. That is why it is not discussed in the political sector. Very often.

Ive read your posts sakari and I kinda get where you stand. Somewhere in the middle. While respectable and worthwhile to listen to. I stand solidly on this issue. My opinion is not changing just as my lot in life has not changed.

Actually banning ammunition would not be a good idea as you saw the reaction it sparked. It would do nothing to improve things and infact make it much worse. That is why it is not discussed in the political sector. Very often.

I am not so sure I am in the middle.

I see no reason ( the more I thought about it ) to even ban " assault rifles "...I know to many people that have them, and enjoy them, and are responsible gun owners. Why should they have to lose a hobby?

And without sounding like a doomsday prepper, the way things are going, we should all have a arsenal if we want it.

Had a long talk with my Dad today on this, kind of solidified anything I was not 100% sure on.....He is retired Army, 40 years service.

It's cool man. Honestly, I'm lost. I didn't know who I was commenting on in the first place then asteroid bombed me then you bombed us both. I had to say something back. Lets forget it and yea, don't quit your 9-5.

:tu:

• Like 1

I think I will officially say I like you then. And look forward to reading your future posts. This may help as well regarding the CWP in schools for principles and other staff members that they may do so voluntary and with training argument.

This be the most haunting story you will ever read and I hope you dont shed as many tears as I did reading it,. I find no reason to refute any of the document in regards to what occured inside the school.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandy_Hook_Elementary_School_shooting

I think I will officially say I like you then. And look forward to reading your future posts. This may help as well regarding the CWP in schools for principles and other staff members that they may do so voluntary and with training argument.

This be the most haunting story you will ever read and I hope you dont shed as many tears as I did reading it,. I find no reason to refute any of the document in regards to what occured inside the school.

http://en.wikipedia....School_shooting

I read it, and as I said all ready, this crap does not surprise me anymore. And I do not mean in the USA, I mean in the World.

It is pretty bad when people are getting this way about our society ( the worlds ).

My wife needed to see a counselor after 9/11, and we lived in Nevada, and had no ties at all.

After year after year of non stop violence, and sick crap humans do being on the news, she said the same thing on this.

Do not get me wrong, this is very sad, it hurts, but it does not surprise me anymore.

I am not joking when I say we need a plague.......

• Like 2

That incident may have been prevented with looser gun control. Not tighter. What a sad state this country has devolved into.