Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Spontaneous Astral Projection

IFellInLoveWithMelancholy

Hi everyone,

So this is my first post but I've been lurking a bit since I've always been interested in mystical stuff. Recently my interest has geared towards lucid dreaming and astral projection. As I was reading almost all the threads of this forum about these topics, I kept thinking I'd absolutely had to try astral projection (I've had lucid dreams before but never AP). Since then, I only tried AP twice and not very seriously so of course nothing happened. Recently, I've been in my exam period at uni so I just forgot about all this and stopped reading about astral projection.

Yesterday, I had about one hour of sleep or so because I studied last minute for an exam so today when I came back I just had to sleep but everyone in my family kept making noises so I just was in that annoying state of being really tired and almost asleep but every little noise would make me blench.. At one point (after several hours) I got really exasperated and decided to go down. Once in the kitchen though, I don't know what exactly happened but I felt that something was going on and felt the urge to go back to my bedroom immediately. This happened so fast, I just rushed through the stairs but oddly I don't remember climbing them. The next thing I know, I'm in my bed with quite intense vibrations going through my body and I hear bell rings. My arms were floating outside my body and I felt a force pulling me out. I was so freaked out, I kept trying to pull my arms back and not let the rest of my body follow but the force that was pulling was persistent. I knew deep inside that this had something to do with astral projection and that it's exactly what I wanted to try but in the moment I felt so scared that all I could think of was "please, no I don't want to do it, please, I want to go back to my body". I tried to call for help but it seemed I couldn't move, the force was still pulling and I was resisting, and my voice didn't seemed to get out of my mouth.

It took a little while but finally the pulling sensation and vibrations wear off and I was back in my bed and everything. My hands were super moist and I felt my heart racing and I almost had tears in my eyes. Now I'm a little concerned about how this all happened since it wasn't intentional at all. When I went to the kitchen, it felt real, like it was really me going downstairs. Also, I only felt the signs of AP (vibrations, pulling, bell rings) once I was trying to get back to my body so I don't really know how I could get out without noticing. Another concern of mine is that from what I've read, going back to your body isn't a problem, in the contrary, it's hard to stay out once you've realized what is going on or if you've had some kind of shock then your 'spirit' (or whatever you call it) feels it has to go back to the body instinctively. Yet, in my case, I had to beg some higher forces/entities in my head to not let me out. The pulling sensation as I said was quite strong, as if something really wanted me out.

Now this was the first time I experienced anything like that so that's why I'm turning to you guys, the experts to help me out :blush: . Was it actually some kind of astral projection or not? How could it happen so suddenly without me trying or even thinking about it (I had my head caught up in the school work and all). I'm also considering the possibility of this being a dream, but as I mentioned, I'm no stranger to lucid dreaming but this was completely different and on another level, it didn't felt like a dream.

And finally, the most important, the reason why I freaked out SO much and decided to ask your advice: why did I had to resist the pulling force, why was my 'spirit' so eager to get out without my mental assent?

Any comment or advice would highly be appreciated. Now that I've had a look back on all this, I'm thinking that maybe I shouldn't have resisted and see what would have happen. Although, it's also exactly the reason why I kept resisting, not knowing what would happen! Anyway, lots of confusing thoughts in my mind right now... I'm looking forward to your responses ^_^

I really don't know much about astral projection but welcome to the forum.

welcomwagon.gif

That would be a strange experience. As a child I use to dream that I was leaving my body and flying. It seemed so real. I'm sure there will be someone on here more knowledgeable in this than me to talk to you about it.

• Like 1

That would be a strange experience. As a child I use to dream that I was leaving my body and flying. It seemed so real. I'm sure there will be someone on here more knowledgeable in this than me to talk to you about it.

Thanks Hilander!

Yeah, flying dreams are really common for me, I fly every other night or I kind of 'bounce' in the air with no gravity.

• Like 3

Yup that's sounds like ap. Most of us tend to think that's everyone leaves there bodies at night any way. For many people there seems to be fermenting period after hey have tried to do it, them quit some time latter hey find them in a spontaneous situation. I know these pulling sensations well. It's simply part of your lak of control. It's completely a new environment for you. Once you are aware of it it becomes didficult to control without experience. It's like trying to walk.

Iike I tell everyone, it's is Very important to remain calm. and have a go with he flow attitude. Your sponsoring emotions rule the day. Trying so hard to stay in is sponsored by fear of being out. The sponsoring thought is out not in because you are focused on out. In most peoples cases they want out so they focus on the state of being in. Your focus on what you don't want is really a command to make it happen. Never focus on the negative always the positive. If you want go stay in focus on in.... Not on not going out. Fighting against a sensation is sure to cause the opposite.

I know it's tuff change the way you think about actions, but in these states things work differently. Sponsoring thoughts rule the day.

Sounds like a spirit trying to attack you to me.... I have only had one spontaneous ap experience and it was not like this at all.... I actually completely left my body and went into space with a guide, it was not scary, it was nice, I knew where my body was the whole time and I returned peacefully after I received what I was supposed to receive.

I've also had spirits try to attack me and it was more like you described.. Sorry don't mean to scare you but please protect yourself. I know that some times in the spiritual realm you do experience fear first and then you experience the peace.. Just be careful, if you are being attacked you can call on the light of god, this will give you peace.... I know seeker is more ap advanced than me but that's my piece,

I opened myself up to try to ap with my will and it hasn't worked yet, but I have gotten more spiritual by being open and I encountered an evil spirit the other day that was kind of hard to get off me.... I don't know what exactly to think....

• Like 1

It wasn't literally the other day it was two weeks ago wednessday and I had to fight it off.... I never had to do that before.... Well I have, but in other ways, this was more of a bodily takeover that I had to fight with my spirit in prayer....

Edited by SpiritWriter

Ok I misread I thought you said it felt like SOMEONE was pulling you out.... So never mind, but you can still consider what I said if you ever feel like a spirit is handling you... I do know that fear does precede travel (I encounters this in meditation not ap)

Yup that's sounds like ap. Most of us tend to think that's everyone leaves there bodies at night any way. For many people there seems to be fermenting period after hey have tried to do it, them quit some time latter hey find them in a spontaneous situation.

So should I try again but voluntary this time or would it be better to wait to see how things go or what will happen next time I try to sleep?

Oh and by the way, I'm not sure if that's what you understand but this didn't happen during the night, my exam was a morning exam so it was about 5-6ish PM when it happened.

Thanks for your help Seeker79.

OHHH, and P-S: I LOVE the Harry Potter quote.

Ok I misread I thought you said it felt like SOMEONE was pulling you out.... So never mind, but you can still consider what I said if you ever feel like a spirit is handling you... I do know that fear does precede travel (I encounters this in meditation not ap)

GOSH, you got me really freaked out for a moment! I was about to ask you a gazillion questions about what happened with the spirit attacking you.. which you could still share if you don't mind. Do you think there's a particular reason a spirit would want to harm someone over someone else? Even if that wasn't the case in my situation, should I be worried that it might happen at some point?

Edited by IFellInLoveWithMelancholy

So should I try again but voluntary this time or would it be better to wait to see how things go or what will happen next time I try to sleep?

Oh and by the way, I'm not sure if that's what you understand but this didn't happen during the night, my exam was a morning exam so it was about 5-6ish PM when it happened.

Thanks for your help Seeker79.

OHHH, and P-S: I LOVE the Harry Potter quote.

You can. Now that you know the head space it might be easier to find your way back. It dosnt matter what time of day or night. I have projected At 10 in the morning. Or 3 am. It matters if you can get your mind to the right spot. It sounds like slight sleep deprivation helps you. This was the method of many native American shaman.

It's just not that pleasant to practice like that, so I don't recommend it much. Put if its important to you, you could set sessions about once a week and you would probably be fine.

Oh, don't worry about the pulling sensations. I have been through variouse similar scenarios many times. There is something off that you don't have control over. Don't worry if you do continue a practice, you will start to figure these things out and master them. I would not hold any mental space or fear of being attacked. It's a self fulfilling attitude that reinforces itself. I consider negativity like that a virus. Don't let it in. Own it and take responsibility for everything that happens to you.

Let me know if I can help at all.

Edited by Seeker79

Thanks Hilander!

Yeah, flying dreams are really common for me, I fly every other night or I kind of 'bounce' in the air with no gravity.

I use to really like doing that but I was always afraid I would fly too high and leave the earth. :) Edited by Hilander

I use to really like doing that but I was always afraid I would fly too high and leave the earth. :)

I feel you. Sometimes I'm having trouble with control and either go too high wayyy to fast or can't seem to control the distance when I turn right/left. It's still worth the shot though, eventually you'll be able to fly without fear. I for instance, even if I mess up, I just go with the flow and end up where I was supposed to be.

- - - Nothing happens without reason - - - ;)

Edited by IFellInLoveWithMelancholy

I feel you. Sometimes I'm having trouble with control and either go too high wayyy to fast or can't seem to control the distance when I turn right/left. It's still worth the shot though, eventually you'll be able to fly without fear. I for instance, even if I mess up, I just go with the flow and end up where I was supposed to be.

- - - Nothing happens without reason - - - ;)

I tried to land on the moon once. I would accelerate and shoot through it, then turn around and try again. When I tried to go slower it was taking forever. Then I would accelerate and overshoot. I guess I could not keep the liner laws of the universe out of my head.

I agree with the people saying it was an AP experience.

Sorry it freaked you out.

I understand why. Similar thing happened to me once;

I was with an ex-girlfriend when all of a sudden I felt really bad (I'd never had an anxiety or panic attack but I imagined this is what they must feel like), and told my ex gf that I need to lie down.

I went to bed and the awful feeling persisted a while and then my whole body felt as if it had an electric current running through it (almost painful)... This was definately the 'vibrations' people who know AP talk about because the next moment I was floating up toward the ceiling....

Unfortunately the floating up toward the ceiling excited me too much to start controling it and I immediately zipped back down into my body...

I have tried many times to do this on purpose but have not yet succeeded :(