Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Unusual object and/or orbs

DeeAngel

I see no attached picture, sorry.

orbs are motes of dust catching the light of a flash or the like.

i see what some people would consider to be orbs(upper right), though i consider them to be nothing more than dust... then i also see a bright sqiggle on the upper left corner.. that is far more interesting though i have no idea what it oculd be other than a small particle or even a minute scratch that is on the camera lens.... do you happen to have other pictures taken from the same camera for comparison

Hello, the camera is fine. In fact, I took another picture in the same exact spot within a minute later and it was fine. I have several pictures but I'm not sure how/where I can post them.

Sorry, new at this site, could use some advise.... Thank you

Hey, welcome to UM. I wanted to tell you that the topic of "orbs" and these types of anomalies has been discussed and solidified here in factual science declaring these as nothing more than natural phenomena. Either Dust, Hair, Bugs, Moisture and the list goes on. Even if you were to "actually capture" something that is nothing natural, scientifically speaking that evidence would have to be discarded because the probability of anomalous artifacts is too high and the only proper way would be to do a controlled testing. Which simply isn't plausible.

So, any picture that is submitted with "orbs" simply must be discarded. Any so called "investigator" worth their salt already knows this and wouldn't look twice. Thanks for posting though! There's many great topics and educated people here that can help ya along the way!

• Like 1

Hello, the camera is fine. In fact, I took another picture in the same exact spot within a minute later and it was fine. I have several pictures but I'm not sure how/where I can post them.

Dust and fabric particles can move around between pictures. Most often they're in the air and the flash lights them up. Sometimes they're on the lens or the sensor.

I've been playing with an infrared web cam. When it gets dark and the infrared LEDs turn on, I'm amazed at how much dust the camera shows flying around the air all the time. I could get a photo of a mysterious orb every few seconds.

• Like 2

While I agree that most orb photos are dust particles, etc. I have seen orbs on numerous occasions in a variety of settings & locations, and it wasn't till I visited this site that I saw photos of them and became aware of the various attitudes & opinions about them. And not once did I ever think about taking photos of them. I just thought they were kinda fun & interesting to observe and speculate about.

Unfortunately all "orb" photos are always flash photos and are easily explained so they don't leave anything to speculate about.

• Like 1

I've seen orbs with my naked eye too. And every time, it reminds me of how long it's been since I've dusted. Saw some first thing this morning at work, too.

I have seen small BOLs while conducting night photography research during which I have been capturing the mundane particulates orbs illuminated by the camera.

In contrast to the camera-illuminated particulate orbs which are obviously visible to the eye during the time of camera exposure/flash, not once have I been able to capture one of these apparently self-illuminated BOLs on camera - either film or digital media; as a researcher that raises a significant alarm. So yes I have regularly perceived something, but the lack of corroborating evidence by recording means does suggest that they are probably an artefact in the eye/optic nerve.

Astronauts flying to the Moon complained that they were seeing flashes of light in their vision once they left the magnetic influence of Earth. There is speculation that this was from cosmic radiation. Of course we get a lot less of it down here but it could explain very rare incidences of flashes.

I have seen small BOLs while conducting night photography research during which I have been capturing the mundane particulates orbs illuminated by the camera.

In contrast to the camera-illuminated particulate orbs which are obviously visible to the eye during the time of camera exposure/flash, not once have I been able to capture one of these apparently self-illuminated BOLs on camera - either film or digital media; as a researcher that raises a significant alarm. So yes I have regularly perceived something, but the lack of corroborating evidence by recording means does suggest that they are probably an artefact in the eye/optic nerve.

It's sort of a catch-22 here. I know people who've taken photos of orbs as they observed them, but any of those photos would be written off as dust, or moisture, or whatever. I've seen some that were very active and very fast and a variety of colors, and others that seemed "stuck" to the wall and were completely motionless and all the same color. The ones that appeared to be stuck on the wall were the most interesting, because when i walked into the room, the flat discs of light were on me as well as on the floor, walls & ceiling.

Sorry, new at this site, could use some advise.... Thank you

You can always make a post like you did with the picture in this post.. or you could take them to the gallery. Just go to the main forum page.. click on gallery.. then click on the corresponding category ( i imagine you would pick ghost and hauntings then the subcategory "light anomalies")... then if you look about off center right at the top it says "upload new image".. the rest you should be able to figure out. Hope that helps