Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Today I am a Black Belt in TaeKwonDo!

joc

I guess now when you say: NO QUARTER they'll know you mean business! Congrats on the achievement guy...

• Like 1

Congrats, dude...booyah!!! :sk

• Like 1

Congratulations, my first black belt test was an eight hour ordeal with about a third of the test-ees dropping out.

• Like 1

Reminder to self, do NOT argue with Joc....

Congrats man!

• Like 1

I have a black belt in Feng Shui, the subtle martial art. I go home to you and move a lamp and a chair... twelve years later you lay there on the floor with broken kneecaps and destitute. B)

• Like 2

Top stuff Lad, well done! xo

• Like 1

Many years ago when I became a black belt the test was a 2 day event. I often ponder how the *beep* I managed to survive, let alone pass. There was only one other female and both of us made it through. Ah yes, the days of my youth!

Congrats to joc. Well done.

Edited by Lilly
  • Like 1

good on you.. a back belt and your black?? i had no idea.. lol.. i gather you are the white guy..

i was with my 4 year old nephew today (who my brother adopted from Korea) and he started classes last week.. start them young..

Edited by with bells on
  • Like 1

Thank you all so much for your congratulations and well wishes! :wub:

Keninsc, Dash, and Lilly....salute! It's kind of like being in the military. If you have you know. Thank you so much!

My test was actually a two day event as well. We did the physical stuff last Saturday a week ago and the actual testing stuff this last Saturday. I plan on continuing my training. Our Master is fond of saying that Black Belt isn't the end of anything it is only the beginning. If you noticed (and I'm sure you did) his belt has...7...of those pretty gold stripes. His Master was Jhoon Rhee.

Some of you may know who he is but if you google him you will find a lot of stuff on there....including him doing 100 push-ups on his Eightieth Birthday.

Anyway, thanks again to all of you!

• 3 weeks later...

You look well pleased in the pic and quite rightly so. Many Congratulations :tu:

• Like 1

You look well pleased in the pic and quite rightly so. Many Congratulations :tu:

Thank you so much! It will be about 18-24 months before I can test for 2nd Dan...no rest for the weary/wicked. :)

• Like 1

Well done and congratulation.

And i fully agree with all your posts and everything you have ever written. B)

(the last line is valid for 24 hours only) :D

• Like 2

Well done and congratulation.

And i fully agree with all your posts and everything you have ever written. B)

(the last line is valid for 24 hours only) :D

Thank you...you are most kind! :)

Yesterday, was the first class after the holidays...my Master just returned from Korea and brought me back a TKD Uniform...also a bag of Ginseng Candy. Holler if you want some...I'll share.

Edited by joc

CONGRATULATIONS MY FRIEND! Proud of you! That is a great accomplishment and right up my ally as I've been in the Military since I was 17 and S.O. Military for 6+ years, as well as, I started training mixed martial arts when I was 7 years old. Started in Brazilian Ju-Jitsu that progressed in everything from Aikido to Chin Na to Russian Systema to Hapkido.

You sir, are my new best friend on these forums! lol Congratulations again! That's no easy accomplishment and you should be VERY proud man!!!! :tu::clap:

• Like 1