Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Johnny Gosh Abduction

Left-Field

The video above is a trailer for an episode of MSNBC's 'Maximum Drama' documentary series which will air tonight (12/16/12) at 9:00 PM eastern standard time. The episode is entitled "Missing Johnny" and will focus on the abduction of Johnny Gosch which occurred 30 years ago.

Noreen Gosch, Johnny's mother, has come to learn many details about her child's unfortunate fate since his disappearance. She believes, with good reason, that Johnny was abducted and forced to serve in a pedophile sex ring that catered to many high ranking members of society.

Paul Bonacci, one of the victims of this sex ring, has come forth and stated what he was forced to endure within it. He has also said that while being a victim himself he was forced to partake in the abduction of Johnny Gosch.

In 1991 he came forth with this information and told Noreen as much as he could about what occurred that day. While some are inclined to dismiss Bonnaci's allegations, Noreen Gosch fully believes what he has told her. She has stated that Paul Bonacci knew details about the case that he couldn't have known if he wasn't involved.

It will be interesting to see if this new documentary reveals any information which hasn't yet been brought to light.

For anyone interested in learning more about what the child sex ring Johnny Gosch, Paul Bonacci, and many other victims were forced into I suggest reading through this thread.

• Like 1

I've read up on this case, and other cases I came across in the process, and it seems to me that the Gosch case is likely linked to two other disappearances in Des Moines: that of Eugene Martin, 13, who also disappeared on an early Sunday morning while on his paper route. (8-12-84), and that of Marc Allen, 13, disappeared after he left his home on a Saturday evening to visit friends "down the street". (3-29-86)

The similarities in the victimology are glaringly obvious, the mo is similar- alone, abducted (apparently) off the sidewalk and close to their homes, and at times when there's not many others out and about, and the last known location of the furthest case appears to be within a few miles of the other two cases, if even that far!

I'm not up to date on all the details, regi, but I do believe Noreen Gosch and others feel the abductions of Eugene Martin and Marc Allen are connected to the kidnapping of Johnny Gosch.

These weren't random acts. They are planned in advance by people involved in kidnapping children for them to then be used as sex slaves withing pedophile sex rings.

There are so many children that go missing every year than the average person tends to be aware of. People tend to wonder why they are kidnapped to begin with and I think many believe these children are simply killed sometime afterwards.

While that is true in some instances and sad in its own right, the unfortunate fact is that many of them are kidnapped by organized crime organizations (as opposed to a "lone, crazy" person) to trafficked and sold within these child sex rings.

I assume the "Missing Johnny" Maximum Drama episode airing on MSNBC tonight will be discussing these things. It appears that Noreen Gosch, Paul Bonacci, along with police and detectives (amongst others) involved in the case will be a part of the episode. I tend to think Noreen and Paul will discuss the child sex trafficking aspects of the case.

I've been researching (granted, not necessarily my strong point) and I can't find a single documented case of sex ring abduction.

I've found articles of "sex rings" but they didn't involve abduction of the victims. I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but I prefer to take one case at a time, and evaluate that one case and I can't find one.

I recall a case where two teen girls accepted a ride from two men who took them to a house where the girls were kept and forced to have sex with other people who came to the house, and another case where a teen was transported to various truck stops for prostitution, but these seem to be isolated cases with few people involved...actually, that might have been the same case.....(my memory doesn't always serve me, either...sorry.).

I've read up on this case years back, the high level names that were mentioned are really interesting. Apparently, there's a Larry or Lawrence King (not the talk show host) who is the alleged organizer of this set up and also I remember seeing a youtube video awhile back featuring Ted Gunderson, an ex-FBI agent, who had a lot of information regarding this case and others. I remember thinking as I was reading that how can something like this exist without anyone knowing or doing anything about it...