Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Westboro to Picket Sandy School [merged]

Sakari

Actually you don't need any kind of permission from anyone in the Church to call yourself a "Baptist" church; not like in more mainstream denominations, this lot have no authorisation from anyone, no Bishop or Pope or anyone at all, to call themselves baptist, or even a Church.

No, just like anyone can become a ordained minister.

They are Christians, and as Beckys mom pointed out, there are good and bad in everything.

• Like 1

There are many different petitions on the whitehouse web site, that, if they get the needed signatures, will bring the Westboro church hatemongers to their knees!!!! Just

go to https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petitions

You must register first, it's free, all you need to give is your name and email address, in order to sign a petition. There are many more petitions on there too, you

guys should take a look!!!

Given the "Church's" track record, the moment someone tries to label them a hate group, it'll be off to court and then our old friend "the first amendment" gets to take another one in the **** in order to protect the exact sort of people it wasn't meant to protect.

• Like 2

Exactly.. To add, anyone can pick up a bible, read it and claim to be Christian

Are you kidding me?!? What the hell are they protesting?

I would love to be able to give you a decent answer for that, but sadly, I cannot think of any logical reason for those clowns to protest..

Edited by Beckys_Mom
  • Like 1

It is called free will.

Free will to massacre innocent little children?

Just a few thoughts:

Maybe we should start picketing this church every Sunday and let people know this is where the devil lives and he is trying to fool you into thinking these people have anything to do with God.

I have a feeling that WBC would welcome that. It would simply be more free media exposure for them to spout their views.

Well, why didn't "god" prevent the shooting?

Is God honour bound to step in to fix all of man's problems?

No, they are Christians.....They are a Baptist Church.

They have no affiliation with the Baptists, they are an independent organisation. Strange as it may sound, but if you really wanted to you could probably open a Baptist Church of Satanism. Whether they are "Christian" or not is a matter for debate. Some theories suggest that Fred Phelps (Founder of WBC) started the church in order to get back at the legal system that cut him loose (he was a lawyer who was disbarred). If that be the case, then he's not religious at all, just taking an act to push free speech and p*** off the legal authorities with his insane ramblings.

~ Regards, PA

• Like 3

absolute maggots. Nice to see anonymous raped their twitters last night/yesterday.

I knew nothing about this scum bag group untill they posted a video saying that Australia is hell on earth and we are all demons in human form, blah blah blah.

Boiyudunfukdupnow.

Racist hatemongering arseholes.

They will get what is coming to them, in due time.

As long as the Internet Pitbull's sets their focus' on disgraces around the world like this the quicker people will be able to move fowards into the new times.

Is God honour bound to step in to fix all of man's problems?

If he can't fix the problems of the world then he is not omnipotent and is unworthy of the title of god.

The massacring of twenty innocent children is unacceptable, intolerable and proves "god" is incompetent.

Edited by HavocWing

I wonder if there will be live coverage of these funerals.

I certainly hope they will leave those poor families alone and allow them to grieve in privacy.

Interesting...they have raised the wrath of Anonymous

[media=]

[/media]

Edit to add: Anonymous Targets Westboro Baptist Church After Newtown Vigil Protest Threat (full story)

Members of the hacktivist group Anonymous have targeted the Westboro Baptist Church after the hate-mongering, quasi-religious group announced plans to protest a Sunday night vigil in remembrance of the Sandy Hook shooting victims, 20 of whom were just 6 and 7 years old....

Edited by Daughter of the Nine Moons

[media=]

[/media]

I believe their behavior warrants such a response from someone..

No matter a person's beliefs on guns or the entire Sandy Hook tragedy, we can all agree on one thing:

Westboro Baptist Church is full of disrespectful, hateful, ignorant clowns..

[media=]

[/media]

Edit to add: Anonymous Targets Westboro Baptist Church After Newtown Vigil Protest Threat (full story)

Members of the hacktivist group Anonymous have targeted the Westboro Baptist Church after the hate-mongering, quasi-religious group announced plans to protest a Sunday night vigil in remembrance of the Sandy Hook shooting victims, 20 of whom were just 6 and 7 years old....

They are now on my Hero list!

My opinion on Anonymous is a mixture of emotion... in alot of ways I just wanna shake their damn hands for their involvement in certain causes... in other ways I shy from them because of the legality of their actions... though on this particular topic... I have to say BRAVO.

I cant wait to hear what bad things happen to these people if they show up. And i hope VERY bad things happen

Wishing ill will upon them makes us no better than them... They are a hate group, plain and simple. Wishing them harm in any physical way is doing near exactly what they do.

• Like 4

Wishing ill will upon them makes us no better than them... They are a hate group, plain and simple. Wishing them harm in any physical way is doing near exactly what they do.

Even if we feel we are carrying out God's will?

Just kidding.

• Like 1

I cant wait to hear what bad things happen to these people if they show up. And i hope VERY bad things happen

Nothing will happen..

In Reno, Nevada, a college girl named Brianna went missing. She was found, raped and murdered. ( the killer was found ).

Westboro came to protest at her funeral, the service was huge, at the universities basketball stadium.Outside the Patriot Guards were there,And other people.They stood in front of the few westboro people and blanketed them from site. It really did not last long, as the police were there with a van, and took them away for their safety. The same will happen there, if they even show.

By the way, they were at her funeral because " God Hates Reno ", Reno supports fags, and gambling, so God was punishing Reno with a serial rapist, and killing Brianna.

What is sad, is this is not what should be at a funeral.....

Here is a video of the incident....Warning : language.....

Also, this is not the first time they came to reno, with the same results.

Briannas memorial video

[media=]

Brianna Zunino Denison (March 29, 1988 – January 20, 2008) was a college student from Santa Barbara, California, who was abducted on January 20, 2008 from a friend's house in Reno, Nevada. Her body was discovered on February 15, 2008 in a field near a Reno business park after being raped and murdered by James Biela........................

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Brianna_Denison

Edited by Sakari

If he can't fix the problems of the world then he is not omnipotent and is unworthy of the title of god.

If he "can't" fix it, then I may agree. However, if he is able to and does not, then it comes back to the question I asked - is God honour-bound to fix every problem us humans make for ourselves? If so, where is the line drawn on where God should intervene and where he should leave us to face the consequences of our own actions?

The massacring of twenty innocent children is unacceptable, intolerable and proves "god" is incompetent.

That is an opinion on how you think God should act. And you are of course entitled to that opinion. I just happen to disagree with it. Sure, it was horrible and tragic, and my heart goes out to the kids' families and loved ones (my father passed away on the same day as the massacre, I can't imagine the horror of losing a child or relative in such violent circumstances). But I do not believe God is "incompetent" for allowing it to happen. Edited by Paranoid Android
  • Like 2

I am not religious, and do not really know what to believe in....

I do know, after researching different religions, the God you speak of, from the teachings anyway is this :

He made man, and woman, and gave them rules to go by. He will not interfere with whatever man does, bad or good.

So, if that is how it is, he is a man of his word.....

Although, that makes me wonder why people pray for things if he is staying out of it.......

But this is not the topic......

They are Christians, and as Beckys mom pointed out, there are good and bad in everything.

So if I was to call myself King, what that make me king? It's exactly the same with this lot. Does just deciding to call yourself something make you what you decide to call yourself? It couldn't be that people want to insist that they are Christians because in so doing, they can taint all Christians by association with them, could it?

• Like 1

So if I was to call myself King, what that make me king? It's exactly the same with this lot. Does just deciding to call yourself something make you what you decide to call yourself? It couldn't be that people want to insist that they are Christians because in so doing, they can taint all Christians by association with them, could it?

yeah and it's not like the christian bashing media is going to point out this is not the view point of 99% of christians.

• Like 2

Not sure you can call yourself King, I guess you can get a name change.....

You can become a ordained minister on line....I am.

You can organize a religion, register it as a organized religion, get a building, call yourselves Christians, and get tax right offs.

Trust me, just because they are " of the Christian " faith.......Everyone knows they are far, far, from the tree....

You have Christians playing with snakes also :)

Frankly, if their God kills children because of something people totally unrelated to them have done then I'd rather be an Atheist.

That makes no sense. You know very well that those people are not Christian, yet so easily you let them sway your beliefs? I don't know about that.

And beside, anyone who has given it enough thought knows that the WBC pickets to provoke peopel into assaulting them. That way, they can legally sue the offenders. They are doing everything within their constitutional rights too.

They make a living by abusing their rights. Nobody should think that the WBC cares anything about God whom said, "Many will come in my name saying 'Lord, lord.' And I will say to them, 'Begone from me you workers of iniquity. I know you not."

Edited by Bluefinger
  • Like 1

Bad Christians are not christian at all, there is one thing we can all agree on is - They are a hateful group that love nothing more than to attack and spread hate as long as people are willing to pay them attention It is no different from trolling, and you all know that a troll will keep going as long as you feed them

Hate groups like them that use God and the Christian bible to excuse their hate, seem to enjoy it more when others show they are angered by their protests...They love every bit of the attention they get

The sad part is, they drag children along to their protests to hold up their hate this and that signs.. That is teaching these children how to show hate...It's the children I feel sorry for

With all their hate chants and protests that claim god killed and god sent the Tsunami, god did all these nasty things because of sinners.. Man has been at that carry on from the days of the old testament

What the WBC seem to forget is- ( and I think I have this part right ) God from the OT made a promise not to send any more disasters to wipe out sinners...yet these clowns are still insisting god still does .. Even though many will claim the WBC are wrong, I seriously doubt they care, they just want to be seen and heard ..

I find their protests disgusting, I feel annoyed that they would attempt to picket the funerals of these little children.. how heartless can they get?

I am surprised the WBC are not banned from funerals ...I don't know why the law doesn't lock them up for this hate and disturbances they cause

Edited by Beckys_Mom
  • Like 2