Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Westboro to Picket Sandy School [merged]

Sakari

And for anyone wanting.......Here is the list from anonymous of the Church's parishiners.

http://pastebin.com/ARASaC1h

Has anyone tried to call or email these people?

From the WBC website picket schedule........

GOD WILL NOT HAVE FAG MARRIAGE!! (This does not seem gramatically correct to me? :huh: The least of their problems, I guess.)

Has anyone tried to call or email these people?

That's the thing about these folks. They are also very involved in legal rights (many are lawyers). I think they love to provoke people into 'violating their rights', and then sue them accordingly.

That's the thing about these folks. They are also very involved in legal rights (many are lawyers). I think they love to provoke people into 'violating their rights', and then sue them accordingly.

Calling and emailing is not illegal :)

• Like 1

I agree.

They started yesterday .

All denominations btw. Jewish,catholic,Mormon .

So far there have been four funerals I believe,maybe more,but they've started .

Services are at different locations ,because different religions .

Dunno .If they went,no one is giving them any press,which might be part of plan to just neuter them .

If no one knows they are there ,they just looks like a bunch of trolls.

I think they should be protested,and everyone dresses up like a zombie .Make up and all,and we run at them screaming ,NO BRAINS ,EAT THE HEARTS INSTEAD .

Problem is, might not be any hearts there either!

Edited by Gummug
  • Like 1

Interesting, these Westboro wackos appear to be related to one another... surnames Phelps and Hockenbarger primarily. A tad too much inbreeding perhaps?

Indeed.

• Like 2

I watched that video last night. I wish we had a good comedian on TV like that.

• Like 1

I watched that video last night. I wish we had a good comedian on TV like that.

I am just jealous of that guy, he got to sleep with Katy Perry......One lucky dude !

• Like 1

I normally don't like Russell Brand, but I appreciate that video.

Westboro clearly doesn't know how to respect how people choose to use their time.

Despite their stated intentions to protest at the wake for Dawn Hochsprung, members of the Westboro Baptist Church did not show up this afternoon. Folks from as far away as Massachusetts came to protect against those protests, just in case.

Update as of 3:20 p.m. on Dec. 19:

Applause erupted in the crowd along the streets of Woodbury as it was announced that members of the Westboro Baptist Church were not coming to protest at the wake for Dawn Hochsprung, the Sandy Hook School principal who was among the 26 victims of the Dec. 14 shooting in Newtown, Conn.

Nicole Sabel of the Women's Center of Greater Danbury made the announcement.

Update as of 3:05 p.m. on Dec. 19:

The wake for Sandy Hook Principal Dawn Hochsprung just got underway and there is still no sign of protestors outside the Woodbury funeral home where it is taking place.

The are, however, people there to protect against possible protests by Westboro Baptist Church. And hundreds of others who are there to show solidarity with Newtown in the wake of the Dec. 14 school shooting that took the life of 26 people — 20 children and six adults.

Lines have formed outside the funeral as people come to pay their respects to the beloved principal.

Update as of 2:10 p.m. on Dec. 19:

A group of motorcyclists from as far away as New York are standing outside the funeral home in Woodbury, to protect the families, they say.

One, Jim Hannigan of New York, said, "All these guys see us and think we're bad. We're not. It's solidarity, is what it is."

"I just felt I had to be here," he said.

Update as of 1:45 p.m. on Dec. 19:

There has been no sign so far of Westboro Baptist Church members outside the Woodbury funeral home where a wake will take place today for Dawn Hochsprung, the Sandy Hook School principal who was killed on Dec. 14, according to a police officer on duty there...............

complete status here :

http://newtown.patch.com/articles/woodbury-preparing-if-protestors-attend-sandy-hook-principalmemorial-service

Yeah that seems to be their standard pactice these days. Wait for something horrible to happen, declare they're going to protest funerals, and then not show up.

I was hoping that they would protest at a death metal or punk rock concert. But no, they protested at a Bon Jovi concert who have well-behaved fans. Westboro Baptist Church are a bunch of wimps.

Edited by little_dreamer
  • Like 1

I was hoping that they would protest at a death metal or punk rock concert. But no, they protested at a Bon Jovi concert who have well-behaved fans. Westboro Baptist Church are a bunch of wimps.

They protested Bon jovi !?!?

Why,is their hair offensive to god ?

They should do it at a Dir en grey concert ,or One Direction .Their fans wouldn't leave a shred on their bones .

*snickers*

[media=]

[/media]

Russell Brand is awesome. Why did he interview them ? Were they protesting him ?

They sound like morons .

It's in the bible !!!

Get over yourself Russell !!

It's funny how hypocritical they are ,in how everything they say about everyone else,applies to them.

These guys got hit nasty style by Anonymous and an American public that wont stand for such invasions of privacy. It seems there is still some respect for someones privacy in this country but thats a stretch generally.

https://www.facebook...&id=65626302640

https://twitter.com/...4/photo/1/large

https://pbs.twimg.co...kYyCYAAhswm.jpg

Anonymous

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=jltb1QbKxv4[/media]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=IHLQTB00j3E

Edited by AsteroidX
  • Like 1

They protested Bon jovi !?!?

Why,is their hair offensive to god ?

They should do it at a Dir en grey concert ,or One Direction .Their fans wouldn't leave a shred on their bones .

*snickers*

Yes, they were protesting outside a Bon Jovi concert. I wasn't there but I heard about it.

http://www2.tbo.com/news/breaking-news/2010/apr/17/members-kansas-church-protest-outside-bon-jovi-con-ar-50702/

Well ya know. Bon Jovi...Reply..Goin to Hell

Yes, they were protesting outside a Bon Jovi concert. I wasn't there but I heard about it.

http://www2.tbo.com/...i-con-ar-50702/

Well, that's entirely understandable.

From that story, though.. "The Westboro Baptist Church from Topeka has gained notoriety in the past few years for showing up at the funerals of soldiers killed in action, arguing the military's tolerance of homosexuality brought about the soldiers' deaths."

So homosexuality was tolerated at the time of the Civil War, was it? WWI? WWII? Korea? Vietnam? I'm pretty sure there were a few soldiers killed in all those, too.

:-?

I think people need to be aware of what the WBC really is... they're con men. A whole family of them. Well educated con men at that. They aren't really religious, they aren't as much of haters as they'd like you to believe. They are lawyers, the kind who give lawyers a bad name.

They have a few goals in mind... one is to tie the courts up. They DO have a vendetta against the Federal court system. Second, the only kind of praying they do is praying that some hothead will assault them or slander them. They are just hoping someone will violate THEIR civil rights so they can win a nice big judgement and maintain their nice little lifestyle and send more of their little criminal offspring to college.

They aren't a cult, they aren't a bunch of religious fanatics, they ARE lawyers and con men. Don't fall into their trap.

Edited by MissMelsWell
  • Like 2