Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man of Steel (2013)

ExpandMyMind

Can't wait! Looks like a completely new take on Superman. It could be awesome.

• Like 1

Have to admit this one looks good.

I was never a fan of superman I always found him kinda cheesy and preferred the darker comic book heroes, like Batman etc.

I liked Smallville though, there was something good about that. Trailer looks really good though. :tu:

• Like 1

Aye he seems to be a lot darker in this one. I much prefer the dark comics myself.

Yeah, yeah, we've seen the Man of Steel. Can we get a good Wonder Woman? Not Megan Fox!

I heard the pilot that got binned last year was supposed to be pretty good.

Aye he seems to be a lot darker in this one. I much prefer the dark comics myself.

Ever seen a Silver Age comic? Those were the best of days. You had Batbaby. BATBABY.

I heard the pilot that got binned last year was supposed to be pretty good.

I heard about that but I wasn't holding out much hope for it. Much like the WB idea for a live action Raven series. Now that I would love to see.

I'm sick of the same old superheroes getting "rebooted", "remade", "reinvented", "regurgitated". How about something NEW for a change? Maybe because no one in H'wood is really that clever?

• Like 1

I'm sick of the same old superheroes getting "rebooted", "remade", "reinvented", "regurgitated". How about something NEW for a change? Maybe because no one in H'wood is really that clever?

I got one....

Binman/Garbageman. He comes and collects the rubbish/garbage from the streets every night.

I got one....

Binman/Garbageman. He comes and collects the rubbish/garbage from the streets every night.

Why don't they just pick a superhero who hasn't already been made into a movie? Blue Beetle anyone?

• Like 1

Theres too much risk in originality, It could succeed or it could bomb. Nobodies willing to take that chance Im sad to say

I heard about that but I wasn't holding out much hope for it. Much like the WB idea for a live action Raven series. Now that I would love to see.

I think another network is picking the series up, except it's going to be an origin story (bit of a TV and sci fi geek here).

I agree though, the world of superheroes is rife with sexism. I don't think their writers have had the benefit of the Spice Girls ;)

Personally I love it. Can't get enough of it.

If you want a new and original superhero film, check out 'Chronicle'. It's one of the best ones I've seen. Full stop. http://uk.imdb.com/title/tt1706593/

Seriously, everyone should see that film, in HD if they can.

I think another network is picking the series up, except it's going to be an origin story (bit of a TV and sci fi geek here).

I agree though, the world of superheroes is rife with sexism. I don't think their writers have had the benefit of the Spice Girls ;)

Sexism in comic books?! Nowai?! -fake shock- Look up Atop the Fourth Wall, it's a Internet reviewer, by the catch sign of Linkara who points how the staggering differences between superheroes and superheroines in a lot of his reviews.

Edited by Hasina

I disagree. When they're off they're off but year after year CG gets better and better. The Hulk gets more incredible every time he's remade and superhero super powers are looking better all the time. And the Batman/Dark Knight movies original, dark and badass reinvention of Batman, the Avengers was awesome. Best of all about the Man of Steel is that its directed by Zachary Snyder(300, Watchmen, Suckerpunch, Dawn of the Dead - all visual masterpieces) and written by Christopher Nolan(the latest Batman Trilogy). For me, that's enough said. With all those credentials I can't imagine a let down.

Yeah, yeah, we've seen the Man of Steel. Can we get a good Wonder Woman? Not Megan Fox!

Just hold tight. Wonder Woman will be featured in the Justice League in 2015. I think Wonder Woman should be built more like Xena than Megan Fox who is terribly untalented eye candy.

I hope this is better than the Dark Knight Rises which was a major disappointment.

The trailer for MOS looks interesting I hope they make it as realistic as possible.

I hope this is better than the Dark Knight Rises which was a major disappointment.

No it wasn't, you're crazy, mad even, must have seen Batman & Robin by mistake and thought it was The Dark Knight Rises! Christopher Nolan's Batman films can do no wrong you hear me, DO NO WRONG!!! :lol:

Alright it wasn't the best of the trilogy but I'll forgive it for not being as god damn awful as Spiderman 3.

MoS looks really good, I've never really been interested in Superman films, too clean for my liking but I'll give a darker take a go, I like my films dark. :)

Edited by Walter White
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

[media=]

[/media]

I can't wait... Holy crap.,

Can't wait! Looks like a completely new take on Superman. It could be awesome.

Can't wait to see it. It's good to see Kevin again. Wondered were he's been.

• 2 months later...

Man of Steel hit Australian cinemas last Thursday, and I went to see it today. I must say, I was glad for the more human aspect to the narrative. In other versions, I never really connected with Superman. In this, I did. The special effects were great, and explosions stunning. Some of the exposition was a bit clunky, to cater to younger viewers who may not fully understand all the words in the film ("terraforming, what's that"?), but I'll forgive them for that. Overall, it receives the PA Seal of Approval.

Edited by Paranoid Android
  • Like 1

I dig it too. It was a cool movie. The stuff he did as Clark (the oil rig, the truckers truck) was all pretty badazz.