Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The closer we get,...

Hazzard

NASA should stick to what they are good at, exploring space...... Not bother with the silly stuff.

Exploring space with what? Glider planes?

Exploring space with what? Glider planes?

What a weird thing to say.

Care to explain?

What a weird thing to say.

Care to explain?

Simple NASA doesn-t have means to send men in space and has to outsource... Like every business in the US... and EU

Some new idiot somewhere else will randomly pick a date on the calender and that will be the new doomsday. Maybe I should try to cash in and predict 2/22/22 Sounds like an interesting enough date.

The moon will break apart due to an increase in solar gravity plunging the huge pieces to earth.

Simple NASA doesn-t have means to send men in space and has to outsource... Like every business in the US... and EU

Are you saying that there is no way to explore space other than to send people!?

Are you saying that there is no way to explore space other than to send people!?

Yep, there are so many things a machine can do but a machine doesn't have gut feelings ;)

What about all that crazy nerd **** at CERN? What if they hit the "reset button" and all life started over and it plays out exatcly the same? Wouldn't it be cool if you were the only one with knowledge that life is just like a really long version of Grounds Hog Day?

• Like 1

I got engaged tonight. It's been a long time coming and everybody thought the end of the world would come before I'd ask her. Wether that'll happen on Friday or not, everybody was wrong.

that's kinda cool

congratulations

• Like 1

What about all that crazy nerd **** at CERN? What if they hit the "reset button" and all life started over and it plays out exatcly the same? Wouldn't it be cool if you were the only one with knowledge that life is just like a really long version of Grounds Hog Day?

Welcome to UM and stop thinking like that, I live 300 miles from CERN :P

Paracelse, thanks! Nice to know that at the brink of the end, there are still cool people

• Like 1

So, here we are - This is the day we have been hearing about for decades. Friday the 21st 2012,...

I sincerely hope that at least one (out of the thousands) of the doomsday slingers take paus, make a note to self, not to promote this kind of nonsense in the future.

Edited by Hazzard

So, here we are - This is the day we have been hearing about for decades. Friday the 21st 2012,...

I sincerely hope that at least one (out of the thousands) of the doomsday slingers take paus, make a note to self, not to promote this kind of nonsense in the future.

with 3 hours and 5 minutes to go, you should wait till 11:12 am before you make such a bold statement.

it may be OT to this topic, but manned craft aren't really the most practical for long-distance Space exploration, are they? Anyway, you'd need to look at the U.S. Govt. to blame for that, it's hardly NASA's fault.

with 3 hours and 5 minutes to go, you should wait till 11:12 am before you make such a bold statement.

No, the Solstice was 11:12 GMT, i.e. that was the time in the UK.

I love that movie. LOL crazy nerd ****!! you funny man

I sincerely hope that at least one (out of the thousands) of the doomsday slingers take pause, make a note to self, not to promote this kind of nonsense in the future.

They have done so for many centuries, and they will continue to do so for many centuries.

All we can hope for is that people like us will be present in the future to confront them and their superstitious drivel.

Edited by Abramelin

I fell asleep.... did I miss it?

No, the Solstice was 11:12 GMT, i.e. that was the time in the UK.

Ok but I'm pretty sure the official history channel time for doomsday was 11:11am.

Yea, it was pretty badass too. I saw all these people get raptured, cars were wrecking, planes fell from the sky. I though have been Left Below.

• Like 1

Yep, there are so many things a machine can do but a machine doesn't have gut feelings ;)

Most astronomers will tell you that virtually anything a human can do on another planet, a robot can do, only cheaper and without the risk of losing a life.

To say that sending humans is the "only" way to explore space is plain out ignorant. Robots have done all the recent planetary exploration in the solar system. In past decades, rovers, landers, and orbiters have visited the moon, asteroids and comets, every planet in the solar system and many of their moons as well. From the Venera probe on Venus back in the 70ties, to the recent landing on Mars by the Curiosity rover.

If you had said that sending humans would be cooler and more exciting,... now that I can agree with,

NASA should stick to what they are good at, exploring space...... Not bother with the silly stuff.

i agree!

ok i'm not really replying to your post. it's the hair in your avatar! wow like totally blond wow! lol that's a lot of yellow hair dude

ok i'm not really replying to your post. it's the hair in your avatar! wow like totally blond wow! lol that's a lot of yellow hair dude

Sounds like you're jaleous :D ????

There will be many that will be astonished in the year of 2012 at the apocalypse when Christ returns, when all the "synagogues of Satan" , and all the riches, commerce, and every part of that filthy religious order will be torn down, and will be no more.

Depending on our spiritual awakening, some will experience the end of the world 2012 while others will experience spiritual ascension.

The destruction of the planet.

We are experiencing a climactic bulge in space time.

A larger universal level.

You will discover interesting cosmic anomalies that are connected with the physical representations of the shifting frequencies.

Attention mortals -The Apocalypse has ended. Feel free to return to your homes.

See you all next time.

Edited by Hazzard

/....

Why did people always assume that it must mean the End of the World ? Surely a larger universal level can only be something to look forward to.

• Like 1

Why did people always assume that it must mean the End of the World ™? Surely a larger universal level can only be something to look forward to.

'Cause it's easier to look forward to doom rather than roll up sleeves and get to work on a real future.