Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Obama 'backs assault weapons ban'

Still Waters

So once again, are you saying there's no point in controlling who has a gun?

Excellent question..

And you're saying that therefore controlling who has guns is unnecessary?

They are more likely because guns are so easily accessible.

The only way to accomplish what most in the gun control crowd want is to have all the guns turned in or otherwise confiscated. It just isn't going to happen - ever. There are other, reasonable actions that can be taken - and should be taken. But that will never solve the problem totally and it will also never satisfy the GC crowd. We live in a grossly violent culture and guns are a part of that. Measure to make the problem better need to include the media and movies first and foremost but I doubt seriously that this will happen because they are buddies of the crowd that want to remove the guns. All I can say is that if honest dialogue and REAL change on fundamental levels is the goal then I'm all in and I think most gun owners will support reasonable solutions. But if it is truly about a gun grab? Bring the pain and we'll all just share it. THIS ONE they will have to bleed for.

Care to answer my question any time soon? Or is your sole purpose in this thread to derail the topic with references to abortion?

I'm using abortion just for a basis of comparison and making a point like B_M was with toothpaste and shampoo.

What I was attempting to tell you earlier is that a weapon is useless, unless a human hand is on the trigger and

a human brain to think to carry out the crime. If someone is hell bent on committing a violent crime they will carry

out the task with or without a gun. Ted Kaczynski (the unibomber) and Timothy McVeigh proved that by inflicted

mass casualties making bombs out of household items. But nobody was screaming to ban fertilizer, wire, pipes,

nuts and bolts to keep people from building bombs. But if guns were used, then there would be an outcry for

a ban. It's a Double Standard. Instead of people thinking for themselves, they allow the media to influence their minds.

Excellent question..

and i'll answer.

no, there is no point to try to control who has a gun. absolutely waste of time.

you physically can not control who has a gun, plain and simple. crooks buy guns on black market, how are you thinking controlling their guns.???

you can't, so you and others from "safe country" think you need to take my guns away, cuz if i don't have them crooks wont have where to get them, or steel from, this is absolute fallacy. it is proven all over the world, in countries where guns are banned criminals still have them. they can not be stealing them from legal owners, there aren't any. there is no way for straw buys to occur, how do they get them????

and i'll answer.

no, there is no point to try to control who has a gun. absolutely waste of time.

you physically can not control who has a gun, plain and simple. crooks buy guns on black market, how are you thinking controlling their guns.???

you can't, so you and others from "safe country" think you need to take my guns away, cuz if i don't have them crooks wont have where to get them, or steel from, this is absolute fallacy. it is proven all over the world, in countries where guns are banned criminals still have them. they can not be stealing them from legal owners, there aren't any. there is no way for straw buys to occur, how do they get them????

Agreed aztek. During the Prohibition Years between 1920-1933 when alcohol was prohibited to the public it went underground

and Organized Crime (Al Capone) bootlegged it and setup Speakeasies and people went to these establishments to drink.

A lot of people even died and went blind drinking alcohol made with rusty radiators. Eventually FDR dissolved the law.

My point to those that don't understand is that if they have a Prohibition on Guns, the same will happen as it did with alcohol.

And most likely Organized Crime will have the black market on guns (making big money) as it did with alcohol.

Agreed aztek. During the Prohibition Years between 1920-1933 when alcohol was prohibited to the public it went underground

and Organized Crime (Al Capone) bootlegged it and setup Speakeasies and people went to these establishments to drink.

A lot of people even died and went blind drinking alcohol made with rusty radiators. Eventually FDR dissolved the law.

My point to those that don't understand is that if they have a Prohibition on Guns, the same will happen as it did with alcohol.

And most likely Organized Crime will have the black market on guns (making big money) as it did with alcohol.

Law enforcement can't even keep guns from the criminals, who in many cases are already prohibited from having guns. The FAILure is undeniable. The prohibitionists are betting that maybe if we keep doing more of the same, and extend their rose colored expectations that they can keep guns out of the hands of every undesirable if they can only include the entire population of the country, then they'll have success! They want less guns, less gun crime, a more vulnerable population and more violent crime. I wonder if some of these people are so gung ho about assaulting our 2nd Amendment because of their politics and wanting to stick it to their fake stereotype of the typical gun owner they read about on their liberal blogsite.

Law enforcement can't even keep guns from the criminals, who in many cases are already prohibited from having guns. The FAILure is undeniable. The prohibitionists are betting that maybe if we keep doing more of the same, and extend their rose colored expectations that they can keep guns out of the hands of every undesirable if they can only include the entire population of the country, then they'll have success! They want less guns, less gun crime, a more vulnerable population and more violent crime. I wonder if some of these people are so gung ho about assaulting our 2nd Amendment because of their politics and wanting to stick it to their fake stereotype of the typical gun owner they read about on their liberal blogsite.

Exactly. The prohibitionist ideology is something like this...To remove a cancer off someones arm is to amputate the entire arm instead of surgically removing the cancer.

so you have no answer, just as i tough.

oh, btw, this is INTERNET, grow some skin. if you can't take that, no wonder you scared sh,,less of guns and ppl that want to keep them.

:rolleyes: do you enjoy arguing with yourself and claiming you won? I have all the answers I need, I personally don't care if you feel you've won any sort of argument. If you want my answers you can answer my questions first. Otherwise, I don't really care.

:rolleyes: do you enjoy arguing with yourself and claiming you won? I have all the answers I need, I personally don't care if you feel you've won any sort of argument. If you want my answers you can answer my questions first. Otherwise, I don't really care.

Actually its a dead issue that will result in dead people if persued.

I'm using abortion just for a basis of comparison and making a point like B_M was with toothpaste and shampoo.

What I was attempting to tell you earlier is that a weapon is useless, unless a human hand is on the trigger and

a human brain to think to carry out the crime. If someone is hell bent on committing a violent crime they will carry

out the task with or without a gun. Ted Kaczynski (the unibomber) and Timothy McVeigh proved that by inflicted

mass casualties making bombs out of household items. But nobody was screaming to ban fertilizer, wire, pipes,

nuts and bolts to keep people from building bombs. But if guns were used, then there would be an outcry for

a ban. It's a Double Standard. Instead of people thinking for themselves, they allow the media to influence their minds.

So are you saying we shouldn't control access to guns?

and i'll answer.

Finally an answer. So then by your argument, we should remove background checks and just allow anyone, criminal or psychopath, walk into wal mart and walk out with a gun?

Under the original process of delinquent behavior and the 2nd Amendment a criminal was given there gun back after they served there time. The right to bear arms could only be removed by a special judicial process that and ultimately was determined on a case by case basis. I dont beieve the insane have ever been allowed to own and use firearms. But I could be wrong though on that. I believe a couple states still have this law although the feds trumped it.

Finally an answer. So then by your argument, we should remove background checks and just allow anyone, criminal or psychopath, walk into wal mart and walk out with a gun?

that is not my argument, that is your imagination again., we already have background checks in place, there is no argument as to remove them, i personally question their effectives, since crooks don't get their checks run on black markets, and it is their guns you want to control, not mine, i did pass background checks, and my guns are registered, and i do have enough trainig, at least enough for range masters to sign of on my range card. but for the sake of shutting up clueless anti gunners, i would leave background checks in place.

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1

:rolleyes: do you enjoy arguing with yourself and claiming you won?

not at all, i enjoy watching you fail. you are doing enough of it here, very entertaining actually.

that is not my argument, that is your imagination again., we already have background checks in place, there is no argument as to remove them, i personally question their effectives, since crooks don't get their checks run on black markets, and it is their guns you want to control, not mine, i did pass background checks, and my guns are registered, and i do have enough trainig, at least enough for range masters to sign of on my range card. but for the sake of shutting up clueless anti gunners, i would leave background checks in place.

Do you or do you not agree that there should be a method in place to prevent criminals and psychopaths from walking into walmart and buying a gun. I'm not asking if there are methods in place, I'm asking if you think there should be.

Do you or do you not agree that there should be a method in place to prevent criminals and psychopaths from walking into walmart and buying a gun. I'm not asking if there are methods in place, I'm asking if you think there should be.

yes, absolutely.

and its doable, just don't let criminals and psychopaths walk in walmart for any reason, period.

there are axes, knives, potentially explosive chemicals, (in determined hands), chainsaws..... there,

yes, absolutely.

So then you are controlling who can have weapons and who can't (criminals and psychos) despite the fact that "guns don't kill people". This brings me to my point: The saying "Guns don't kill people" is nothing but a meaningless catch-phrase which is ill-suited as an argument against gun control. Why? Because despite saying that guns should not be controlled because they're inanimate objects, everyone agrees that for the safety of others, criminals and psychopath should not have easy access to guns.

So then you are controlling who can have weapons and who can't (criminals and psychos) despite the fact that "guns don't kill people". This brings me to my point: The saying "Guns don't kill people" is nothing but a meaningless catch-phrase which is ill-suited as an argument against gun control. Why? Because despite saying that guns should not be controlled because they're inanimate objects, everyone agrees that for the safety of others, criminals and psychopath should not have easy access to guns.

but guns don't kill ppl, criminals and psychopaths do. you said it yourself.

they are the once who you need to control. they kill with guns, knifes, cars, hammers.....

yes, guns are inanimate objects, but it doesn't mean it is not potentially dangerous, it takes a person to commit a crime, guns don't do it themselves.

it is just common sense you keep it from ppl willing to use them improperly, just like matches and kids. doesn't mean everyone else has ill intent.

Edited by aztek

but guns don't kill ppl, criminals and psychopaths do. you said it yourself.

And you said yourself that, despite the saying, these people should not be able to get easy access to weapons.

it is just common sense you keep it from ppl willing to use them improperly, just like matches and kids. doesn't mean everyone else has ill intent.

And that's what gun control is: its an effort to prevent certain dangerous people from obtaining a gun that they may use to kill people with.

And that's what gun control is: its an effort to prevent certain dangerous people from obtaining a gun that they may use to kill people with.

i,m pretty sure we already do that, limit guns to ppl like that, criminals\felons are not allowed to legally buy it. or posses it,

• Like 1

i,m pretty sure we already do that, limit guns to ppl like that, criminals\felons are not allowed to legally buy it. or posses it,

So then do you agree that "guns don't kill people" is not really an argument but rather a meaningless catch phrase?

So then do you agree that "guns don't kill people" is not really an argument but rather a meaningless catch phrase?

absolutely not, it is a fact.

they don't kill, neither do knives, cars, sticks.....,

• Like 2

absolutely not, it is a fact.

they don't kill, neither do knives, cars, sticks.....,

I didn't ask if it was a fact, I asked if you think its a valid argument against gun control.

"The Earth is round" is also a fact, and its just about as valid an argument as "guns don't kill people" is.

Edited by Stellar