Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Obama 'backs assault weapons ban'

Still Waters

Hold the doctor holding the forceps responsible for not using the properly.

I don't get the connection here...

Nibs

The point I'm making is there is this outcry to ban guns because guns kill but abortion is not looked upon as killing.

It's a Double Standard.

Welcome to the I feel shat on club.

The point I'm making is there is this outcry to ban guns because guns kill but abortion is not looked upon as killing.

It's a Double Standard.

Nope, it isn't but if you wish to go more into why not, start a new thread.

Nibs

Who decides to stand or not with the pro 2nd Amendment crowd is our business and Im sure the anti abortion people feel unheard as well. You want us to start a thread where we list our names and addreses ?

while personally I am not against abortion I do understand there argument.

Edited by AsteroidX

It's a Double Standard.

Of course it is, by millions of people who are against abortion and many who protest it.. No different from those who are against guns and protest them

Edited by Beckys_Mom

Its not besides the point. Its a different point that is very similiar. Besides the point would be butterflies come from coccoons. Modern English 101.

and i'll answer.

no, there is no point to try to control who has a gun. absolutely waste of time.

So basically make it dead easy for any muppet to buy a gun ?

you physically can not control who has a gun, plain and simple. crooks buy guns on black market, how are you thinking controlling their guns.???

One of the places the Irish terrorists over here were well known to fetch their guns from the USA and ship them elsewhere ..Those were indeed used to kill so many innocent victims .. They sure as heck were not buying from the US for a hobby.. Irish terrorists were known to have spent many months in the USA, and a lot of that was not for sight seeing ..

Who decides to stand or not with the pro 2nd Amendment crowd is our business

Nuclear arms are arms, too.

yea, it is considered killing by many, not that i agree. but that is besides the point.

Aztek I'm just trying to get through these anti gun lobbyist that if they support the ban of guns because guns kill

One of the places the Irish terrorists over here were well known to fetch their guns from the USA and ship them elsewhere ..Those were indeed used to kill so many innocent victims .. They sure as heck were not buying from the US for a hobby.. Irish terrorists were known to have spent many months in the USA, and a lot of that was not for sight seeing ..

Did they obtain them legally or on the black market?

Did they obtain them legally or on the black market?

From what I read ( and many others over the years ) They bought them legally.. They had their connections living over there, they also spent a lot of time over there too.. It was as easy as pie to buy them in the US.. Some of them were caught shipping them on boats.. But not all were caught . The USA was just one of the locations, but it was well known

• Like 1

Nukes don't self explode. Guns don't self shoot. They require a human finger.

The quote I posted previously - TOOTHPASTE DON'T CLEAN OUR TEETH, PEOPLE DO I put that up to show you just how silly it would be for any toothpaste company to advertise their product with such a silly slogan

So, to say Guns don't kill, people do, is not a good argument

Toothpaste - enable us to get our teeth clean better .It's the point behind buying toothpaste..... Guns - enable us to kill and protect ourselves better.. That is the point in buying a gun..You are not going to go off to buy a gun if it wont kill for you

If you advertise that - GUNS DON'T KILL PEOPLE, PEOPLE DO That advertisement would therefore be false.......If guns don't kill people, then they are completely useless and ineffective..In fact they would be no more effective than the next thing you pick up to kill your enemy ..Just like, if toothpaste did not clean our teeth, it too would be useless and not worth buying

More people are using toothpaste to clean their teeth than other methods.. More are killed by guns than other methods .. Guns ( like toothpaste ) make the job a lot easier and more effective ..

Edited by Beckys_Mom

legaly it is easy already, and that is how it should be. for those that qualify, and their buy is recorded, btw. so i don't see what you mean by gun control. we have background checks done by fbi in every event a dealer sell a gun, and sale is already recorded. we already have gun control.so what do YOU mean by gun control?

every muppet already owns a gun. Thats why were in the middle of an arms race in America.

legaly it is easy already, and that is how it should be. for those that qualify, and their buy is recorded, btw. so i don't see what you mean by gun control. we have background checks done by fbi in every event a dealer sell a gun, and sale is already recorded. we already have gun control.so what do YOU mean by gun control?

I can sell all my guns to my neighbor and no one tracks it or can track it.

That isn't control.

Nibs

From what I read ( and many others over the years ) They bought them legally..

no it is not, there is no legal way to sell guns to ireland, unless it is gvmnt backed contract. you can't even bring a infra red flashlight out of usa leagly, let alone guns.so don't blame our laws, or law abiding gun owners for your deaths, blame your terrorists. and smugglers, ours and yours. they are criminals plain and simple.

Today you can. But in the near future you wont be able. Its one of the keypoints of most poroposed gun legislation.

That isn't control.

Nibs

so in order for you not to sell guns to your neighbour we need to take all your guns away, right??

or we could just hold you responcible for any crime that will be commited with YOUR gun. it doesn't matter that you didn't kill your neighbor gf, you are responcible for it. since guns you sold are yours.

oh wait, we already do so.

also how did you get your guns in a first place? did you buy them legaly? filled out special required form, had your background chack ran (done at every gun shop), and gun serial # is next to your name?? and you telling me you would just sell them with no record of it????

Edited by aztek

Today you can. But in the near future you wont be able. Its one of the keypoints of most poroposed gun legislation.

Yep. :) I have no problem with that really.

Nibs

Do you think the NRA would suggest give any idiot a gun?

Hypothetically - If you wanted to go on a mad killing spree and you were allowed to purchase a gun . Do you think that's how it should be ?

so in order for you not to sell guns to your neighbour we need to take all your guns away, right??or we could just hold you responcible for any crime that will be commited with YOUR gun. it doesn't matter that you didn't kill your neighbor gf, you are responcible for it. since guns you sold are yours. oh wait, we already do it.

Did I say that? No, I didn't.

Right now, if my gun is not properly stored and is stolen in a crime the police HAVE NO WAY TO KNOW WHERE THE GUN CAME FROM.

So no, I cannot be held responsible.

I disagree with this being able to happen.

Nibs

Yep. :) I have no problem with that really.

Most gun owners dont disagree with you. Its only the truly diehard constitutional believing ones that disagree with this as an infringment on the 2nd Amendment and furthermore as part of a larger erosion of our constitution.

Do you think the NRA would suggest give any idiot a gun?

well there is no law that prohibits selling guns to someone YOU consider an idiot. only criminals and metaly disturbed. nra has nothing to do with it. they support not lettting those ppl have a gun,

Edited by aztek

Hypothetically - If you wanted to go on a mad killing spree and you were allowed to purchase a gun . Do you think that's how it should be ?

lol, nice try. but your question doesn't make any sense.if you wanted to run over bunch of kids crossing the road and were allowed to drive a car, do you think that is how it should be?

so in order for you not to sell guns to your neighbour we need to take all your guns away, right??

or we could just hold you responcible for any crime that will be commited with YOUR gun. it doesn't matter that you didn't kill your neighbor gf, you are responcible for it. since guns you sold are yours.

oh wait, we already do so.

also how did you get your guns in a first place? did you buy them legaly? filled out special required form, had your background chack ran (done at every gun shop), and gun serial # is next to your name?? and you telling me you would just sell them with no record of it????

Who is actually talking about taking all guns away? That's not what gun control is about. I put it this way: Germany has VERY strict gun policies, and still we have about 25.000.000 arms legally owned by civilans. That is about 30 per 100 citizens. The difference is in passing certain requirements or tests for obtaining guns, and having to store them properly.

• Like 1