Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Boy, 11, takes gun to school in fear

glorybebe

Huh? Sorry if you got that wrong, I was not adressing you in any way. I just felt like pointing out the penalty. Comes with the territory, I guess. :)

No, not regularly, but if something happens and the guns were not secured properly then the fines and charges start. Maybe it is a matter of respect for the law and the police. Canadians may grumble, but, we dounderstand the need for laws and enforcement we don't see the police as the enemy.

So there is no way to know until after an incident occurs.

:lol:Sorry, I had to laugh at the other statements. You haven't read what Silver Thong and few of the other Canadians here have said about the police have you? They have less trust and respect for them than anyone I know.

In my opinion, this would be like a non gun owner family having a baby and social services started inspecting their house periodically to make sure it was completely child-proofed. They have no right to do this unless the child has been injured in one way or the other, more than once or someone has reported neglect. They have no right to invade your privacy otherwise.

• Like 1

Well, there are many (not implying you would be one of those) who want to have a so called "baby-licence", even in the states. I do see a similarity there. Both having kids and owning a gun is a great responsibility that has to be taken care of, and if not, people can die.

The difference is: Over here having a baby is a right, while owning a gun is a privilege, like driving a car.

• Like 1

Well, there are many (not implying you would be one of those) who want to have a so called "baby-licence", even in the states. I.

i do, i see a lot of ppl that should not breed, but licenses wont do much,

Edited by aztek

I just don't get how kids can get a hold of these guns... :no:

Idiot parents. My father has a ton of guns, there are no children in the house as we have all moved out many many years ago and yet every gun is kept in a huge solid gun safe bolted to the concrete floor. People who store guns where children can get them should not have guns as safely storing a gun should be the first thing you figure out before even purchasing one.

Oh for crying out loud.....

Firstly, I do assume, no wait, bloody hope there are age restrictions on what age you should be to even hold a gun, let alone get a permit? Also, if this is accurate about how the lad's mother was the one who let him take a firearm to school, then frankly they don't sound like the type of people you want to be even near a bloody cap gun!

See? This is what you get when a state of paranoia takes hold, and everyone thinks they need to be tooled up.

i do, i see a lot of ppl that should not breed, but licenses wont do much,

Indeed. I am in no way promoting this.

So there is no way to know until after an incident occurs.

:lol:Sorry, I had to laugh at the other statements. You haven't read what Silver Thong and few of the other Canadians here have said about the police have you? They have less trust and respect for them than anyone I know.

Read again, I am Canadian. And as I said, we grumble, but we do not have the hate or contempt towards our police that a lot of Americans seem to show.

Yes we do...the question is, how is that going to be enforced. How is it enforced in other countries? Does law enforcement come in, without warning, for weapon storing inspections?

In some countries you're simply not allowed to hold a gun at home. You store it in a locker in a controlled environment somewhere.To actually take the gun home you have to go through extra administration and checks, which costs money.

To handle a gun you have to go through A LOT of checks. Medical, physical, psychological, no criminal record allowed at all. And you have to get a lot of expensive administration in order, where the price can scare ppl off a bit. And you have to go through a theoretical and practical exam.

Parts of this procedure have to be repeated every 2 to 5 years.

Also, in some places, if you wanna keep the gun at home (that you can ONLY have if you're licensed and practicing at a shooting range and for governmental acknowledged competitions) , you can only have your gun with you when you are going from your home to the shooting range or competition in question, or to go to the police station. For which you have to have an invitation, and you have to take the shortest route to these destinations. If you are found to be deviating from these terms, justice takes over from there.

You can also acquire hunting guns, but only if you have a hunters diploma, for which you have to take a pretty expensive training for a year. And then you can apply for a hunters license. When having this you have to go to the shooting range regularly to prevent unnecessary suffering in the animals shot. Transport of the weapon falls under the same regulations as mentioned before.

Edited by Render
  • Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Mother of boy who brought gun to school arrested

The mother of a seven-year-old New York City boy who brought a gun to school has been arrested on weapons and endangerment charges, police said.

Deborah Farley, 53, put the .22-calibre pistol in her son's school bag but did not say why, police said.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-21093328

totally nuts. These are the ppl that get guns legally in the US. NUTS.