Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Hearing 'Silent Night'...over & over & over

seeder

Wow this story must be a real bummer to experience..

"Cath Gamester's has had to endure frustrating 'auditory hallucinations' ever since her condition was triggered by a reaction to medication she took in 2010.

The 84-year-old is constantly tormented by a handful of songs which play over and over in her head, including Happy Birthday, God Save The Queen, Abide With Me, and You’ll Never Walk Alone"

http://uk.news.yahoo...-161400673.html

At least it wasnt the birdy song....

Edited by seeder
  • Like 1

What where the meds ?

hopefully shes just seeing a vision of her next life.

Way back in my mis-spent 'raver' youth, and being curious about 'drugs', I tried some... as you do...

After that and a few other herbal remedies, and when the partying was over, I went home....and listened to my fave dance tape at medium high volume....(cd's were about then, but I still had mainly records and tapes)

I was coming down from a high without a doubt. When the tape finished, I pulled myself off the sofa to play another, then realised I hadnt even turned the hifi on... I was stunned. I heard every track, every beat, very clearly and in perfect order too, at volume!

It freaked me out big time... so yeh drugs can seriously play with your mind

The lesson then, children, is just say NO!!

"I know a song that'll get on your nerves, get on your nerves, get on your nerves, I know a song that'll get on your nerves, all day long"

^ that's a real song :D

The poor woman in the OP :(

Edited by Still Waters
spelling!

It happens to me once, for one night, the culprit was a bottle of Stoly... and thank goodness the song "Jingo bell" vanished with the vapors.... drove my future ex-wife crazy that night :D :D :D

• Like 1

I've been going through the same thing since I started taking citalopram about two years ago. Usually I'll hear soft rock or classic rock songs in my head non-stop until I'm asleep. They don't really bother me because I just ignore it, but it can be creepy sometimes. Oh yeah, and I'm a metalhead and I almost never hear that style unless I'm plugged in.

• Like 1

I've been going through the same thing since I started taking citalopram about two years ago. Usually I'll hear soft rock or classic rock songs in my head non-stop until I'm asleep. They don't really bother me because I just ignore it, but it can be creepy sometimes. Oh yeah, and I'm a metalhead and I almost never hear that style unless I'm plugged in.

Actually, I was on that too! And also had the best but weirdest dreams of my life. One dream was repetitive, over 3-4 days..it actually woke me for me laughing at it....hilarous and so creative... wish I could re dream it.... if I could remeber enough to re create it - i'd be the new comedy genius..

Edited by seeder

I hear certain Christmas songs over and over again, mostly "The 12 days of Christmas" and McCartney's "Simple Having a Wonderful Christmas Time", and they are really annoying!

I hear certain Christmas songs over and over again, mostly "The 12 days of Christmas" and McCartney's "Simple Having a Wonderful Christmas Time", and they are really annoying!

then...without pharmo's, you prolly got ear worms... : http://www.spring.or...-an-earworm.php

Edited by seeder

OMG ,just reading the topic title has me singing silent night in my head.

I can't blame anybody for turning into a Scrooge if they have this condition.

OMG ,just reading the topic title has me singing silent night in my head.

hehe....just DO NOT think of a kanagaroo........

so... are you not thinking of a kangaroo?

• Like 1

I heard about this syndrome on NPR a couple of years ago and the doctor that was describing it said that 80% of the people that have this auditory hallucination hear the song 'yes we have no bannans' over and over and over and over.....can you imagine?

Edited by OverSword

DRUGS ,BAD !

does that include penicilin?

Luckily she doesn't have to pay for copyrights. -ba-dum-tsh-

you should take it on the road! seriously you make me laugh thank you!

I heard about this syndrome on NPR a couple of years ago and the doctor that was describing it said that 80% of the people that have this auditory hallucination hear the song 'yes we have no bannans' over and over and over and over.....can you imagine?

better that than YMCA

• Like 1

does that include penicilin?

Sometimes. But I assume they were talking about mind altering stuff.

Many years ago I worked in a mall at a software store that was directly across from a toy store. The toy store would put all the squeaking, clanging, beeping and chirping toys in the front of their store to attract the little kids. Between that and the piped in Christmas music that would start by mid November followed by they hired over enthusiastic carolers they would hire (who seemed to be stuck on the same song, The Twelve Days of Christmas, I was ready to go postal by the real Christmas song. The worst two for me, Santa Baby an Felis Navida (I am almost certain I misspelled that, sorry).

"I know a song that'll get on your nerves, get on your nerves, get on your nerves, I know a song that'll get on your nerves, all day long"

^ that's a real song :D

The poor woman in the OP :(

^ yeah, my boyfriends younger siblings used to torment me with that one