Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Pleb' row: Claims extremely serious,

itsnotoutthere

The allegation a police officer falsely claimed to have heard Andrew Mitchell calling police "plebs" is "extremely serious", the Metropolitan Police say.

Mr Mitchell, who quit as government chief whip over the incident, has called for an inquiry, with friends arguing he should return to office.

A police officer was arrested on Saturday on suspicion of misconduct.

The Metropolitan Police said the issue went to the "very heart" of trust in police and promised to act "swiftly".

link :- http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-20780584

Hmm...seems our 'boys in blue' may have been telling a few porkies to end the career of a politician (with the help of the BEEB). Watch as damage limitation goes into overdrive.

• Like 2

Anyone else think that this whole situation is, well, ridiculous? Who cares what some politician said about the police. There are about a million issues FAR more important that need addressing, yet valuable media time is wasted on yet another idiot politician and his alleged comments.

Edit - that wasn't a dig at you for posting this btw, this is actually an interesting development if true. I was referring to the original story and how it was completely blown out of proportion.

Edited by ExpandMyMind
  • Like 3

he's luck the Met didn't simply shoot him.

sane, well balanced and appropriate reactons aren't the Met's forte.

• Like 3

What a load of BS over nothing. :(

(Maybe they're burying very bad news by filling the headlines with this pash.)

• Like 2

Someone got called a schmuck and wants heads to roll. Is this the French forum. Because then Ill quietly go back to me good ole Colony.

• Like 2

Anyone else think that this whole situation is, well, ridiculous? Who cares what some politician said about the police. There are about a million issues FAR more important that need addressing, yet valuable media time is wasted on yet another idiot politician and his alleged comments.

Edit - that wasn't a dig at you for posting this btw, this is actually an interesting development if true. I was referring to the original story and how it was completely blown out of proportion.

It's important because the police fabricated evedence that resulted in a very powerful man being removed from his job. If they can do that to the government chief whip what's to say they can't do it to joe public? And whats to say they havent been doing it for years?

I tend to agree with you. I too could never understand why this became so big a story bearing in mind that police all over the country are called far worse everyday of the week. Perhaps (as I suspect) it was just another opportunity by some to bring down a politician.

• Like 1

It's important because the police fabricated evedence that resulted in a very powerful man being removed from his job. If they can do that to the government chief whip what's to say they can't do it to joe public? And whats to say they havent been doing it for years?

I edited my post to show that this was an 'interesting development'. In the first part of my post I was referring to the original story, not the abuse of power by police (I agree with your points). Thought I'd made that clear but I guess not.

• Like 1

Whats wrong with police fabricating evidence ?

• Like 2

Whats wrong with police fabricating evidence ?

"Whats unusual with police fabricating evidence ?"

There, i've corrected it for you. :tu:

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 3

Thats how we roll. I didnt notice my fo-paws.

thx for the edit

Edited by AsteroidX

Thats how we roll. I didnt notice my fo-paws.

thx for the edit

:tu:

So after the scandal which saw the Nasty Left villify a Conservative politician, blacken his reputation and upset his family by labelling him a paedophile only for it to be found that he had nothing to do with the charges, we now have another situation in which the Nasty Left attacked a Conservative politician and hounded him out of his job because they believe that he called a police officer a pleb only for it now to be turning out to be the case that all is not actually what it seems with this case and that CCTV evidence appears to corroborate Mr Mitchell's story and the "member of the public" who supposedly heard Mr Mitchell call a police officer a pleb was actually a police officer who was nowhere near the incident when it took place.

This is disgraceful, but I wouldn't expect an apology from the Nasty Left.

It was nice, though, to see Mr Mitchell getting a few pats on the back and words of support from fellow MPs - even Labour MP Gisela Stuart offered him her support - during PMQs today.

Edited by TheLastLazyGun

i think anyone who was called thrasher mitchell by his fellow public school pukes doesnt deserve any sympathy at all and shouldnt be in a position of power in the first place .if he was called biffa bacon and drank pints of newcastle brown no one would give a **** .

• Like 1

So after the scandal which saw the Nasty Left villify a Conservative politician, blacken his reputation and upset his family by labelling him a paedophile only for it to be found that he had nothing to do with the charges, we now have another situation in which the Nasty Left attacked a Conservative politician and hounded him out of his job because they believe that he called a police officer a pleb only for it now to be turning out to be the case that all is not actually what it seems with this case and that CCTV evidence appears to corroborate Mr Mitchell's story and the "member of the public" who supposedly heard Mr Mitchell call a police officer a pleb was actually a police officer who was nowhere near the incident when it took place.

This is disgraceful, but I wouldn't expect an apology from the Nasty Left.

It was nice, though, to see Mr Mitchell getting a few pats on the back and words of support from fellow MPs - even Labour MP Gisela Stuart offered him her support - during PMQs today.

Yes, the BBC does seem to be lurching from one crisis to another everytime they try and bring down a Conservative politician. They were determined to keep this story in the news until they got the result they wanted & now hopefully it will come back to bite them in the a**, just like the Mcalpine debacle.

During this whole 'plebgate' story I never heard one person ask the question 'who told the press', & is it now standard police practice to go running to the news media whenever (if ever) somebody verbally insults them,? This whole thing was about the police 'having a go' at the coalition government.

Edited by itsnotoutthere

This whole episode is totally fubar.I've heard worse than being called a "pleb". They're acting like a bunch of schoolkids. Was this an excuse to resign before something really interesting is found out ?.

• Like 1

The allegation a police officer falsely claimed to have heard Andrew Mitchell calling police "plebs" is "extremely serious", the Metropolitan Police say.

Mr Mitchell, who quit as government chief whip over the incident, has called for an inquiry, with friends arguing he should return to office.

A police officer was arrested on Saturday on suspicion of misconduct.

The Metropolitan Police said the issue went to the "very heart" of trust in police and promised to act "swiftly".

link :- http://www.bbc.co.uk...litics-20780584

Hmm...seems our 'boys in blue' may have been telling a few porkies to end the career of a politician (with the help of the BEEB). Watch as damage limitation goes into overdrive.

The BNP are banned from being in the police just in case they cant act professionally.

Its about time the Labour Party was banned too seeing as they will willingly lie to end someones career. Scum.

• Like 1

Police making up evidence and politicians stealing from the state with massive expense claims. I think us plebs are the only ones still playing by the rules, maybe we should all just start doing what ever the hell we want as well.

Edited by Finity
  • Like 1

I don't understand... Is a "pleb" the same as a "Plebe" as in "Plebeian" meaning "Of the Common People"?... What's so wrong with that in a Democracy?

Here in the States we use the term "Plebe" to refer to a first year cadet at West Point or Annapolis... Two very prestigious schools...

I guess I just don't get the sense of insult in this....

I don't understand... Is a "pleb" the same as a "Plebe" as in "Plebeian" meaning "Of the Common People"?... What's so wrong with that in a Democracy?

Here in the States we use the term "Plebe" to refer to a first year cadet at West Point or Annapolis... Two very prestigious schools...

I guess I just don't get the sense of insult in this....

To some "pleb" has become a derogatory term to describe the lower classes (oh there you go bringing class into it again!).

I've never used it that way, I call a mate a pleb if he's acting like a tit, but never as a put down to the working class (which would be pointless as I am one of the great unwashed).

Oh, it's all going wrong on many levels....

Okay, Mitchell may not have called the police officer a pleb, and this might have been made up by another officer who then "leaked" this to the media, who then gleefully went off and reported it en masse, only now to discover it didn't really happen. And this wasn't just from the BBC, as Sky and the print media did their best in mucking this story around.

Alright, so far so bad. But Mitchell HAS admitted to swearing at a police officer. Now, I do firmly believe that in order to show the "lower orders" that nobody is above the law, this really ought to be dealt with by giving Mitchell the fullest punishment that's available. After all, MPs do love telling us they're "just ordinary people". Which as we all know is complete BS. Fact is that on that night, a serving member of parliament made a prat of himself. Add to this a serving police officer has shown he may have an agenda against the political machine and what do we have? Another example of bloody idiots in postions of power acting like bloody primary school aged children.

shock horror the police are corrupt.who really ever thought they wernt .the reason the right wing p*** flaps are getting hot under the collar about it is that a posh boy has been stitched up..i never heard any of this outrage when maggie was directing them during the miners strikes .you know when women were getting batterd with staves for taking sandwiches to there husbands on the picket lines .yes your rightwing outrage is pathetic hypocritical and wrong if you want rights they have to be for everyone not just the right

.the reason the right wing p*** flaps are getting hot under the collar about it is that a posh boy has been stitched up..

The reason people are getting hot under the collar is because the Left, aided and abetted by the Labour Party and the coppers' trades union, were calling for Mitchell's head because they believed that he called police officers' plebs, despite there not being a shred of evidence that he did so.

And now we have CCTV which appears to back up Mr MItchell's claim that he did not such thing the Left are wriggling and writhing in embarrasment. They have been found to be totally wrong and misguided, just like they were when they tried to get another Tory in trouble when they wrongly believed allegations that he was a paedophile.

I don't expect a word of apology though. It won't be forthcoming.

Edited by TheLastLazyGun
  • Like 2

Mitchell HAS admitted to swearing at a police officer.

No, he hasn't.

The reason people are getting hot under the collar is because the Left, aided and abetted by the Labour Party and the coppers' trades union, were calling for Mitchell's head because they believed that he called police officers' plebs, despite there not being a shred of evidence that he did so.

And now we have CCTV which appears to back up Mr MItchell's claim that he did not such thing the Left are wriggling and writhing in embarrasment. They have been found to be totally wrong and misguided, just like they were when they tried to get another Tory in trouble when they wrongly believed allegations that he was a paedophile.

I don't expect a word of apology though. It won't be forthcoming.

as i said did you complain about the police when they were battering women for taking sandwiches to striking miners .or was that ok because they were doing it to poor people .your outrage is shallow like everything you victorian england worshiping right wing do.