Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Arm the Teachers?

Thanato

Not really. They are not tactically trained if they are lazy gun owners and can be no more then a barbarous threat.

Not really. They are not tactically trained if they are lazy gun owners and can be no more then a barbarous threat.

Tell that to the kid that killed those 27 people because his mother didn`t secure her guns properly with a nutter in the house.

You did plan on home schooling your kids because of what I just mentioned if Im right as you mentioned it like 23 times.

Edited by The Silver Thong

I see you transfering blame from lazy and irrisposible gun owners to those that don`t see a need for a tighter gun law hence more resposibility on the gun owner. If a true owner of weapons was all about the law and safty they would have no issue as we don`t here. I could go buy a gun tommorow but I refuse to, why because I don`t want that burden. If you live in a nation that thinks its so needed than do it. Glad I don`t need to.

I feel it would be a good idea to issue purchase licenses after a psych evaluation. Nothing wrong with that, as its addressing the real issue of people who can responsibly own firearms.

And I'm sorry that it seems being responsible would be a burden. But that is your own choice. Let me be responsible by my own choice

I feel it would be a good idea to issue purchase licenses after a psych evaluation. Nothing wrong with that, as its addressing the real issue of people who can responsibly own firearms.

And I'm sorry that it seems being responsible would be a burden. But that is your own choice. Let me be responsible by my own choice

You condratict yourself all in one post. First you say people after a pshyc eval can or can not purchase weapons. Ok who and what doc is the authority of that lol The you say let me or you be responsible on ones own accord. So what you are saying is that no matter what let whowever buy guns and let the chips fall. Oh and hire more gaurds for you kindergarten kids in the mean time.

You seem to not have picked up my comment that the guy who killed those kids had a so called responsible gun owner in charge of the weapons, If so how did her mentaly disturbed 20 yr old get them.

You condratict yourself all in one post. First you say people after a pshyc eval can or can not purchase weapons. Ok who and what doc is the authority of that lol The you say let me or you be responsible on ones own accord. So what you are saying is that no matter what let whowever buy guns and let the chips fall. Oh and hire more gaurds for you kindergarten kids in the mean time.

You seem to not have picked up my comment that the guy who killed those kids had a so called responsible gun owner in charge of the weapons, If so how did her mentaly disturbed 20 yr old get them.

My last sentence was said under current law. My first was a response to your request for something that would help. What doc.... hmmm what doctor can evaluate your psychy. Oh I know a psychologist. The rest of your post was not meant bro be taken seriously I suppose so ill leave it at that. I should have clarified that last sentence though I agree

Oops I didn't comment to your last paragraph. A few posts back I commented on how irresponsible the mother was knowing she had a mentally unfit person in the home. The guns should have been locked up.

Mine are though with my ammo secured in another place in the home. But I'm just a fluke when it comes to firearms I guess.

My last sentence was said under current law. My first was a response to your request for something that would help. What doc.... hmmm what doctor can evaluate your psychy. Oh I know a psychologist. The rest of your post was not meant bro be taken seriously I suppose so ill leave it at that. I should have clarified that last sentence though I agree

The only action the US can take is not to take away guns but make it harder to get them and drasticly increase the punishment for useing them for any thing but what they were ment for.

It did not say blood would be spilled. But certainly thats part of the equation.

Oops I didn't comment to your last paragraph. A few posts back I commented on how irresponsible the mother was knowing she had a mentally unfit person in the home. The guns should have been locked up.

Mine are though with my ammo secured in another place in the home. But I'm just a fluke when it comes to firearms I guess.

hence using an assault rifle on the people automatic life in prision, using a gun to hold up a starbucks life in prison. Using a gun to hold a hostage life in prison.

The only action the US can take is not to take away guns but make it harder to get them and drasticly increase the punishment for useing them for any thing but what they were ment for.

proposal?

I made my suggestion if things needed to be reigned in effectively limiting unstable persons from owning. What is your proposal?

You will never take my gun and any 10 year old in Chicago can be taught to make 10# of military grade Black Powder per day. Really. Without a better argument gun ban take em away dont let teachers defend students folks are gonna drive this country into the ground.

There is no drawing board. If I proved that murder by knife was more extreme in the UK would that suggest banning knives? Its not the tool. Its the person. Your using statistics that are weighted to try to push your view. I'm trying to use general statistics in order to show that murder is murder. And if you remove the extreme high rate and low rate countries which reading statistics often suggests you would see that we are low to average in the us in over all murder. Why because murder will happen no matter what tool is used. Am I pro gun... yes. Why is that? Because I'm some nut American who is gun crazed? No. I am a liberal realist that tries to look at all sides equally before coming to an opinion. Now I have some bias yes. Because I was brought up in rural Wisconsin where the mindset of firearm ownership differs from urban environments. I live very close to Phoenix AZ now and can see the mindset is different firsthand. Now Phoenix is different also as say San Francisco CA where guns are considered simply bad. Whereas Phoenix they are more used to private citizens carrying concealed due to new laws in this state. But the difference is minor over all because people in large cities do not have much in the way of familiarity. Big city folk only see a gun as a weapon. Most have never held a firearm. So they don't understand. How many of you who think guns are scary have ever used a firearm? Its OK if you haven't. But maybe that's why you see a firearm as only a weapon.

I have hunted for food to feed my family. I have shot firearms at targets for fun and practice. I grew up in a home with firearms. I am also sane. I taught hunter safety and know many families who own firearms. I have a firearm for protection. Luckily I and most others who own a firearm for protection will NEVER use one. In rural areas where everyone is known to own a gun you never hear of home invasions with weapons. They may happen rarely but it is not common. Most home invasions happen in city/urban areas where the chances of the victim owning a gun are rare.

OK I babbled a bit there and I apologize but this just shows that thus issue is not black and white. More variables need to be considered and while this recent incident is terrible heart wrenchingly terrible. There are more factors to be considered. That kid should only have been allowed around guns under strict supervision if at all. He had mental issues...committing worthy mental issues. The parent should never have allowed him access to these firearms. Educate and be responsible. That's all for now I guess. Next time ill try to keep it short and to point.

The fact that knives are more extreme in the UK is because the majority of people haven't got access to guns so easily.

The fact we're discussing guns is quite simple,

1) because we just had a recent "incident" where a lunatic killed 20 kids &

2) because guns are the most common cause for homicide cases in the US (and I would suggest the trend is similar or even worse in the rest of the world).

800px-Ushomicidesbyweapon.svg.png

http://en.wikipedia....desbyweapon.svg

You're not a nut like I'm sure most of the other pro gun Americans aren't. You've grown up with this culture and no matter what anyone says, you're going to defend it. Fine. l haven't come across a comment from a non american poster yet who is not in favor of gun control or restrictions. Canadians, British, Australian, other Europeans, nearly all are in favor, Do our opinions impact on American citizens? Of course not, but the pattern is quite indicative and should be something to take into consideration.

And it's not only our opinions, there are also facts, true statistics like the ones above and in my previous links from primary sources.

Edited by BlackRedLittleDevil

Why would you try to our way of living ?

proposal?

I made my suggestion if things needed to be reigned in effectively limiting unstable persons from owning. What is your proposal?

Sell certin weapons for personal deffence, limit ammo sales or monitor it. Make it more expensive to own one, allow police under strict guide lines to sieze weapons that are not for personal defence. Oh and actually inforce the second amendment. Unless you are a memeber of an organized melitia to defend against an oppressive governemnt ya no mass stock piles of arms.

As far as a doc saying your nuts or not that is way to unclear unless you like killing little animals as a child.

hence using an assault rifle on the people automatic life in prision, using a gun to hold up a starbucks life in prison. Using a gun to hold a hostage life in prison.

What age for life imprisonment? An error of a child should not be punished indefinitely. Also if they are in there for life might as well just kill them. You know old Sparky or something like thar. Why burden ourselves financially after we condemn a person indefinitely.

Self defense would be OK under your laws though right?

so we should apply those laws to knives or any weapon too since we are placing judgment on the person for their actions. We should lock up anyone who robs someone for life. We should lock up anyone for life that uses anything other than their hands for robbery. Killing someone with a car should go to jail for life. Really its cut and dry now. I see. Sure lets go for it. Sounds fair. Even if your robbing to feed your family. Its not right no matter what no leniency no matter what the circumstances. I like it. Lets pass legislation right away. This is brilliant.

On a serious note though... stricter would be better I agree but lets not go to extremes over every example here.

Why would you try to our way of living ?

You Americans are so far gone from the rest of the world you don`t see that the rest of the world sees you. Oh wait I`m Canadian and have not ever been to the states so shut up lol

Tyranny and Oppression will get an angry and violent response. It is only due course what we are seeing. Brought on by the polarization and degradation of morals in American society. Notice I didnt say culture because we have none unless you want to consider Consumerism a cultural belief.

If we are so far gone then let us be. We really are a nation not seeking alot of guidance from outside our borders on this issue. I can tell you this almost every soldier stationed away from there families wants to be home where they may be protected.

Sell certin weapons for personal deffence, limit ammo sales or monitor it. Make it more expensive to own one, allow police under strict guide lines to sieze weapons that are not for personal defence. Oh and actually inforce the second amendment. Unless you are a memeber of an organized melitia to defend against an oppressive governemnt ya no mass stock piles of arms.

As far as a doc saying your nuts or not that is way to unclear unless you like killing little animals as a child.

Actually not too bad.

Good start.

I would like the terms of seizure defined if we were moving forward with this because that can be interpreted any which way from Sunday.

Any gun can be used for self and home defense. I like that part.

Malitia thing? Grey area. Be careful here. It could be considered treason to organize with the intent of taking any action against the government or training to do so under a militia could be percieved as a terrorist group and with our wonderful patriot act.... lovely name for that... its a recipe for singling out and imprisonment for harmless responsible gun owners.

At least your suggestions were a decent starting point for discussion though.

Psych evaluation wouldtell you that the kid who killed those 20 plus kids and adult was not fit to be around firearms unsupervised.

What age for life imprisonment? An error of a child should not be punished indefinitely. Also if they are in there for life might as well just kill them. You know old Sparky or something like thar. Why burden ourselves financially after we condemn a person indefinitely.

Self defense would be OK under your laws though right?

so we should apply those laws to knives or any weapon too since we are placing judgment on the person for their actions. We should lock up anyone who robs someone for life. We should lock up anyone for life that uses anything other than their hands for robbery. Killing someone with a car should go to jail for life. Really its cut and dry now. I see. Sure lets go for it. Sounds fair. Even if your robbing to feed your family. Its not right no matter what no leniency no matter what the circumstances. I like it. Lets pass legislation right away. This is brilliant.

On a serious note though... stricter would be better I agree but lets not go to extremes over every example here.

Ya lets not go to over the top as your last post did. I was sugesting ways of reducing the out of control american gun craze. I`m not one for capital punishment as you seem to be all for it. Reduce a minor weed charge to a month and wow prisons would be empty for the real criminals.

Robbing to feed your family is still a crime and with a gun lol you do know we are talking about the United states right not some poor south american county right. You guys the leaders of equality and human rights would never allow that in your own nation.

Im saying tighten gun laws and the only ones that don`t like them are the ones we should worry about.

The militia was talked about pretty decently if you do some homework and is a big reason why it every persons right to own a gun. As being that the occasional act that although in its singluarity may be tragic is of less in degree of importance for the prople to be able to maintain there freedom in times of crisis. Thats how I boiled the militia thing to.

The recent Supreme decision supports the right of every America that can still do so be able to as well. Without exception to caliber/magazine

If we are so far gone then let us be. We really are a nation not seeking alot of guidance from outside our borders on this issue. I can tell you this almost every soldier stationed away from there families wants to be home where they may be protected.

Then quit impossing your guidance on others and you would be just fine. He who draws it`s own taget on his back is what.

Ya lets not go to over the top as your last post did. I was sugesting ways of reducing the out of control american gun craze. I`m not one for capital punishment as you seem to be all for it. Reduce a minor weed charge to a month and wow prisons would be empty for the real criminals.

Robbing to feed your family is still a crime and with a gun lol you do know we are talking about the United states right not some poor south american county right. You guys the leaders of equality and human rights would never allow that in your own nation.

Im saying tighten gun laws and the only ones that don`t like them are the ones we should worry about.

my entire post your commenting to less the last sentence was blatant sarcasm dontcha know ... eh?

Actually not too bad.

Good start.

I would like the terms of seizure defined if we were moving forward with this because that can be interpreted any which way from Sunday.

Any gun can be used for self and home defense. I like that part.

Malitia thing? Grey area. Be careful here. It could be considered treason to organize with the intent of taking any action against the government or training to do so under a militia could be percieved as a terrorist group and with our wonderful patriot act.... lovely name for that... its a recipe for singling out and imprisonment for harmless responsible gun owners.

At least your suggestions were a decent starting point for discussion though.

Psych evaluation wouldtell you that the kid who killed those 20 plus kids and adult was not fit to be around firearms unsupervised.

You calling the second admendment a grey are means I`m getting through to you. It is a grey area being abused by gun lovers that think arming schools like prisons is a good idea. Less guns and more restrictions. Background checks on everyone who wants to buy one and anyone that wants to buy one legally should have no problem having them registered.