Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Human cloning 'within 50 years'

Still Waters

The god's never saw this coming did they?...the day their pawns would become gods themselves.

pff... Gods? Yeah right. We're not even close...

• Like 2

pff... Gods? Yeah right. We're not even close...

Yes!

I knew that comment would get at least one of those replies!

I don't know why it astonishes me so much every time I see this level of evil, but it does... And then people claim God to be the unjust one for sending us to Hell...

Yes, playing God never ends well. We should really as a species try our best to eliminate our egos and learn to be content with the time we have here with our loved ones. We invent things like cloning out of fear, not out of love. And anything built out of fear is not worth being built in the first place. Where on earth is the humility?

It hurts me to say it, but there will never be peace aslong as there is profit.

If Man doesn't stop violating mother nature's own laws, it's a safe guarantee he's going to suffer the consequences.

I share your sentiments on 'Cloning.' It'll cause nothing but profit and pain at our expense.

People must stop violating the laws of nature, and stop worshipping the cursed dollar/pound/yen/whatever. Greed has destroyed the majority of the Earth as it is.

We invent things like cloning out of fear, not out of love

Eum....no.

These things are conceived of out of curiosity and the will to become better and evolve.

Because their are ppl out there that can actually envision a better and greater world to live in.

As I've said in this thread before, cloning in this day and age is mainly being used in the spirit of fertility and organ failure.

It's to take away levels of discomfort and possible suffering. Not in the scientists that create this, but the possible patients.

Of course every scientist working on it can be relieved if it works, for if the time comes they could maybe need the technology. But thats no sufficient basis for saying it's all created out of fear. Ridiculous.

What disgusts me is the word replace. I don't care how far cloning technology has come, you can't "replace" a human being. Humanity trying to step over another line it never should, simple as that.

Eum....no.

These things are conceived of out of curiosity and the will to become better and evolve.

Because their are ppl out there that can actually envision a better and greater world to live in.

As I've said in this thread before, cloning in this day and age is mainly being used in the spirit of fertility and organ failure.

It's to take away levels of discomfort and possible suffering. Not in the scientists that create this, but the possible patients.

Of course every scientist working on it can be relieved if it works, for if the time comes they could maybe need the technology. But thats no sufficient basis for saying it's all created out of fear. Ridiculous.

We as human beings have built amazing infastructures, buildings, and cities. We have discovered ways to create mobile machines, some that can bring us to the moon and beyond. We've discovered many ways to use science to cure many if not all diseases, and can learn how to preserve our race and propel them forward into even more powerful beings, all because of our much more intellectual brain... But does this suddenly mean we have a better or greater world? Does this suddenly mean we are a good race of people?

We have built a lot of great things, but the cost is the destruction of even more. We have created ways to move here and there faster, but this has done nothing but destroy and kill more living things. In fact a third of all the meat slaughtered in america is roadkill. Many powerful species on the planet have become nearly extinct, some out of greedy poachers, some out of pure sport. We can now cure nearly all our deseases, and in doing so, our poppulation is growing at such a rapid rate that we are putting ourselves and the Earth in mortal danger. We can become more and more powerful, yes, so that what, we can survive and all else can die?

We aren't helping our race, we're helping ourselves. We've created huge palaces and mansions, but it's always the few that live there, while the rest are meant to survive outside in a cardboard box. Every time we create something new, we sell it at a high price to the "important people" who can afford it. Sometimes things will become mainstream, sometimes they'll trickle down to the rest of the little people, but things are never made or provided specifically for them. Preservation of our race? No, we are developing these things for ourselves. The rest of the life on this planet, including the "little people" of our very own race are given nothing more than the cold shoulder and an apathetical sigh.

Why do we do this then? To survive? Is survival truly all you want? Then why is it never really enough? How come the richest most powerful men in the world still strive for greater power and wealth? To strive for something more, means a lack of satisfaction of what one already has. In otherwords you're still unhappy. Survival for the sake of survival doesn't bring us satisfaction or fulfillment. We aren't truly LIVING. Just because the human race has the potential to survive, doesn't mean we are god's, and it most certainly doesn't mean we are good. How is killing everything except ourselves bettering ourselves? How does disrupting the natural flow of nature make us gods? How does all that make us good?

So we can create human beings now, do you not realize of much that devalues us? How much that takes away from our individuality? How much more destruction that will cause from the already impending consequences of overpoppulation? We aren't gods. We haven't created anything. Just molded the natural world into a perverse new shape that conforms to the few and kills the many. We as humans are sooo far from good, and therefore we are soooo far from gods.

We are like shooting stars, shining brighter and brighter until we go out in a blaze of light. We live, we die, and we should truly be proud of that. We should take care of and love EVERYONE to the best of our ability, and make peace with the natural cycle of life and death. I'm ridiculous you say? I say we all are.

You're rambling, Aquila.

Of course it's never enough, otherwise we would just stop evolving. A standstill is not an option.

NIetzsche got it right with his quest for the Übermensch. And there's nothing wrong with that.

Edited by Render