Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Merged] Woman raped on a bus in New Delhi

DKO

Yeah, I can not see the rape of girls(or boys) to be of any use to civilized society.

While the rapist has that momentary pleasure, the victim suffers(if even left alive) for the rest of their life.

I agree with you. The victim has to live with the trauma for the rest of her life. As far as I know there is nothing in this country to rehabilitate the victim. Society looks down on her, no one wants to get married to her, the police and other people blame the victim. They say that the women in this country invite trouble by wearing western clothes, consuming alcohol, partying etc etc.. Its all very sickening. In many cases, a lot of rapes go unreported because of the sheer stress and trauma that the victim has to go through after that actual rape.

Jeeze... aren't the men/boys taught that this is wrong?

Maybe a class or father on "spank the monkey" would help.

Boys are taught to stay away from girls when they are young. When the boys become older, they team up with other boys and make fun of girls on the streets, colleges etc. This is commonly called 'eve teasing' in India. This gives the boys a certain sense of power over the girls. The girls go back home, tell their parents about it and instead of empowering them, the parents tell the girls to stay indoors, keep away from boys, etc etc. We live in a very hypocritical society here. They say that we are the land of the 'Kamasutra' but sex education is shunned in most schools. Most people do not talk about sex openly. If a girl goes to a club with her friends, the so called moral police storm the club, beat up the women, call them whores, get them arrested by the police.

Now I am not saying that this happens all across the country. India is very diverse. However, I am quoting incidents that have happened.

• Like 2

I don't wonder. If they were Germanic Hutterite's would it make a difference?

Maybe it is racial or religious motivated?...

Maybe they are Muslim and her Hindu.

Here is another one.

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SAzzK1fKCY[/media]

Why?

Molesters taped themselves as trophy?

Are they jailed?

Is this some kind of cult? sub culture?

Is there any statistics about this kind of attacks...Regions, ethnics,religion of molesters...

Edited by the L

Maybe it is racial or religious motivated?...

Maybe they are Muslim and her Hindu.

Although many Indians are very racist towards each other, this has nothing to do with racism or religion. The rapists were Hindu and the victim as far as I know is Hindu as well. Its another case of Indian men dominating Indian women in the worst way possible.

Why?

Molesters taped themselves as trophy?

Are they jailed?

Is this some kind of cult? sub culture?

Is there any statistics about this kind of attacks...Regions, ethnics,religion of molesters...

The molestors did not tape themselves. Some journalists and their camera crew were around. They just saw this as the next 'breaking news' and did nothing more. Not a cult. Im not sure what you mean by sub culture. This was a 21 year old girl in North east India, who was just leaving a club after partying with her friends. These incidents sadly happen all over the country. I have shared a link below. See for yourself. Toddlers, teenager, senior citizens.. All the same.

http://www.dnaindia.com/india/report_2-year-old-vadodara-rape-victim-dies-of-injuries_1781807

I am from India as well. A lot has been said about this incident. However gruesome this maybe, there are over 43,000 cases of rape pending to be heard in court. India is a country that does not have any proper laws regarding rape and has absolutely no clue about marital rape. People have been protesting all around the country for this girl. Friends and colleagues of mine have been arrested as well. However, what began as a 'peaceful' protest has begun to turn violent with the police using water canons, dozens of protestors injured and with the death of a policeman. A lot of political parties have jumped in as well trying to use this situation to their advantage. It is very sickening. The media as usual only projects what it wants to.

People have been walking around screaming that the rapists should be hung, shot, castrated, given the death penalty etc etc. Unfortunately, the girl is still in critical condition since they have to operate on her intestines after the rapists inserted a blunt object into her and ruptured it.

Well, I am a cynic. I say that no matter what, rapes will continue. It might decrease but then again thats hoping for the best. The only way I think that rape can be eliminated completely is when the mind set of the Indian male changes and I do not see that happening in the years to come.

It has always been this way. You just have to go through what some of the so called holy scriptures say to find out that women have been been treated and considered mere objects since ancient history. I can post some of the the lines from there if you want me to. Its pretty disgusting. I read the other day that a man gambled away his wife in some village in North India because he was playing cards.

I couldn't agree more. This case is being publicized and nation wide protests are being held. There are hundreds of occasions where the rape is not even reported to the police out of shame. Unfortunately and astonishingly, the rapes are not lessening or stopping. This is a deep rooted problem, many officials don't realize that this, rape, is not a crime of passion but a crime of power. It does nothing but sicken me to see the present state of my country.

• Like 1

I couldn't agree more. This case is being publicized and nation wide protests are being held. There are hundreds of occasions where the rape is not even reported to the police out of shame. Unfortunately and astonishingly, the rapes are not lessening or stopping. This is a deep rooted problem, many officials don't realize that this, rape, is not a crime of passion but a crime of power. It does nothing but sicken me to see the present state of my country.

Yeah unfortunately, the law and judicial system in our country is such that the victim is subjected to even more humiliation when the crime is reported and a case is filed. I just read an article is today's newspaper that said rapes have increased ever since these protests began. Again, this might just be another lie fed to the masses by the media. But then again, it might also be possible that there are a lot women coming forward to file a complaint. If you noticed the news over the last few days, there are a lot more news clips on rapes occurring across the country. And yes, the rapes go on.

It doesnt help that the policemen are mere puppets, the Government says that same old thing and the political parties want a piece of the action.

I am an Indian, I am a man and I am ashamed.

Edited by your_dark_passenger
  • Like 3

Yeah unfortunately, the law and judicial system in our country is such that the victim is subjected to even more humiliation when the crime is reported and a case is filed. I just read an article is today's newspaper that said rapes have increased ever since these protests began. Again, this might just be another lie fed to the masses by the media. But then again, it might also be possible that there are a lot women coming forward to file a complaint. If you noticed the news over the last few days, there are a lot more news clips on rapes occurring across the country. And yes, the rapes go on.

It doesnt help that the policemen are mere puppets, the Government says that same old thing and the political parties want a piece of the action.

I am an Indian, I am a man and I am ashamed.

That's exactly what I noticed and switched off the television in disgust. Did you see the way the police is blaming the protestors for the death of a policeman who most probably died of a cardiac arrest? The protests are being sidelined. According to me, this is how its gonna go.. the accused will get a death sentence, the police will assure the deployment of many PCR vans at different locations, helplines will be provided and after 4-5 months when the protests die down and people carry on with their daily lives, everything will be back to square one until another such incident is brought into light. The sad part is the outlook of the Government and the police in such cases. Some people are demanding a change of the Government, but you and I both know that the opposition is no less if not the same. This is like a never ending vicious cycle.

• Like 2

That's exactly what I noticed and switched off the television in disgust. Did you see the way the police is blaming the protestors for the death of a policeman who most probably died of a cardiac arrest? The protests are being sidelined. According to me, this is how its gonna go.. the accused will get a death sentence, the police will assure the deployment of many PCR vans at different locations, helplines will be provided and after 4-5 months when the protests die down and people carry on with their daily lives, everything will be back to square one until another such incident is brought into light. The sad part is the outlook of the Government and the police in such cases. Some people are demanding a change of the Government, but you and I both know that the opposition is no less if not the same. This is like a never ending vicious cycle.

4-5 months? You are an optimist aren't you. Or maybe I am too much of a pessimist since I dint expect it to last this long in the first place.. I am glad it prevailed though. And as for your prediction, I agree with you. That's how it will go. If Indian women have been subjected to this for centuries, I cannot see why things will change in the near future although I wish it would.

I think the problem is that the men are intimidated by independent women. People are too used to docile Indian women and that's how they imagine all women should be. But when they come across an independent woman who knows what she wants, does what she wants to, wears what she want to, and basically lives her life on her own terms, I think it does something to their ego. I guess they feel like they have to dominate that woman. I am just assuming here. I am having a hard time trying to understand the root of the problem.

I have also seen women show the same kind of mental reaction to other women who are strong and independent. They just cant understand them. It doesn't help that there are women like that on the national commission for women's welfare as well.

• Like 1

Yes I am no stranger to surprised stares from many women who deem my outfit inappropriate. The whole 'independent woman hurting male ego' is also true. I got into a nasty squabble with a colleague once just because I was promoted and he wasn't. The whole problem lies with treating women as the weaker sex.

Yes I am no stranger to surprised stares from many women who deem my outfit inappropriate. The whole 'independent woman hurting male ego' is also true. I got into a nasty squabble with a colleague once just because I was promoted and he wasn't. The whole problem lies with treating women as the weaker sex.

I can imagine. I know a lot of girls who do their thing but not without some sort of harassment from men or even from other women. I agree with you on the weaker sex notion as well. I just hope that the weaker sex notion is blown to pieces. This ideology is wide spread through every level of our society. My colleague and her daughter were arrested and harassed in the police station yesterday for protesting. http://www.telegraphindia.com/1121226/jsp/nation/story_16362308.jsp#.UNrRKK__mCc

Hi your dark passanger,

Im sad to hear what you just wrote down. I love history of India and Indian people.

When I meant sub culture I meant is that some new trend which we can link with some certain people. Like ideology, age, music they listen perhaps, religion, ethnic, sect, anything.

Many time we have sub cultures which do awful things. But I got answer from your post. Its weak males against strong female.

When this sickness start to occurs? Recently? Before a year?

But then again, it might also be possible that there are a lot women coming forward to file a complaint.

I believe that this might be a case.

This is so ****ed up. There should be zero tollerance. On the spot executions for sick people who commit acts such as this. It doesn't matter how you were brought up, third world country or not, you still know what is right and what is wrong.

"10 year old victim" That just takes the cake for me. This is just sad, this is sub-human. Animals know better. Humanity really does scare the **** out of me sometimes.

• Like 1

Hi your dark passanger,

Im sad to hear what you just wrote down. I love history of India and Indian people.

When I meant sub culture I meant is that some new trend which we can link with some certain people. Like ideology, age, music they listen perhaps, religion, ethnic, sect, anything.

Many time we have sub cultures which do awful things. But I got answer from your post. Its weak males against strong female.

When this sickness start to occurs? Recently? Before a year?

I believe that this might be a case.

Yes well I love my country too.. Its very beautiful, diverse, stunning landscape, animals but people...I dont think so..Its definitely not a new trend and as far as I know, it has always been around. This is the first time that there has been such massive protests though. I have quoted what one of the sacred hindu texts say about women..

The assumption that women are automatically available for sex at the appropriate ‘clean’ time is hard-coded into the Hindu tradition. Rama as an upholder of that tradition, cannot act outside its dictates in the way in which women’s agency is viewed.

Remember that the Brhadarankya Upanishad says – “..surely a woman who has changed her clothes at the end of her menstrual period is the most auspicious of women. When she has changed her clothes at the end of her menstrual period, therefore one should approach that splendid woman and invite her to have sex. Should she refuse to consent, he should bribe her, if she still still refuses, he should beat her with a stick or with his fists and overpower her, saying – ‘I take away the splendour from you with my virility and splendor’

The male mind set of Indian men has been the same since ancient times. For example. This came out in the news today. http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Rape-victim-should-have-been-careful-Andhra-Pradesh-Congress-chief/articleshow/17748819.cms

You can imagine why things dont change in this country when we have idiots such as these in power who convey such foolish messages to the public and his supporters just gobble it up

• Like 3

Yeah unfortunately she passed away.

The animals really did a number on her. Three abdominal surgeries plus significant brain injuries.

http://www.firstpost.com/world/refile-delhi-gang-rape-victim-dies-in-singapore-hospital-572172.html

R.I.P. to this poor woman. :( I hope her death will not be in vain, and her society will change for the better.

• Like 1