Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

John F Kennedy: did Lee Harvey Oswald do it?

oldsoldier

Something which has been around for over 49 years now-did the man accused of shooting President Kennedy from the Dallas Book Repository do what they say he did? I was stationed at Lackland Air Base, San Antonio the Thursday it happened studying to be an air policeman and it really came over as a shock as we got the news while waiting in line for lunch at the Mess Hall. It only sank in when an officer told us classes had been cancelled for the day out of respect for the "Commander in Chief" who wasn,t expected to live. With our appetites lost we drifted back to the day room to watch events unfold on tv (unprecented as normally the tv was off limits till 5 pm). It seemed so handy as the police had found a suspect for the shooting in less than an hour of the event and then before Oswald could say a word Jack Ruby was so easily allowed to gun down the suspect in supposed custody of no less than two armed deputies-and then Ruby contracts an aggresive cancer and conveniently dies while in prison. Too many loose ends weren,t there. Surely crimes and assassinations just don,t fall into place so conveniently. Unfortunately I don,t imagine we,ll ever discover the real truth behind the shooting and it is a shame which hangs over the american government of that time. I,d, just like others thoughts on this either positive or negative as I have Always thought there was a massive cover-up and have not canged my mind

Edited by oldsoldier
  • Like 1

50 years ago. Hold on Ill have to check with grandparents.

Grandma says he they pretty much thought he did it then Jack Ruby assassinated LHO. So noone will ever know for sure. Im sure it wouldnt be the first magic bullet.

I think those questions are best unanswered, the conspiracy serves a purpose.....at least to keep questioning what we are told.

People that accept the official story on this one are either not too bright, or don't care enough to examine for themselves how fishy the whole thing seems to be.

• Like 3

I don't think we will ever know the truth about this. I really don't believe Oswald did it at least not by himself. I know people that think it was because Kennedy was going to pull out of Vietnam.

• 2 weeks later...

So Old the stories,So True THe Facts,So If you were there that sad day Do tell,What you think Happened !

I was there ! All be it a young boy I know He was Shot Dead ! So Sad

So Old the stories,So True THe Facts,So If you were there that sad day Do tell,What you think Happened !

I was there ! All be it a young boy I know He was Shot Dead ! So Sad

What're you trying to say?

It's like your having sex with a Speak N' Spell.

People that accept the official story on this one are either not too bright, or don't care enough to examine for themselves how fishy the whole thing seems to be.

My view is that it is NOT a matter of intelligence. It is a matter of psychological defense mechanisms, as to whether one believes the official story or doubts it.

Nobody really wants to come to terms with the fact that government lies to the citizenry, even though politicians and leaders have been assassinating each other for as long as they have existed. Cognitive Dissonance is the term.

The Warren Commission was a deception, just like the 911 Commission. It was meant to protect the guilty parties while paying lip service to the gullible public.

There was circumstantial evidence connecting Jack Ruby to the assassination of MLK too. Small world, eh?

• Like 3

What're you trying to say?

It's like your having sex with a Speak N' Spell.

Ouh ! was it good for you too ?

• 2 weeks later...

New RFK Jr. interview with Charlie Rose.

http://washington.cb...d-not-kill-jfk/

Robert F. Kennedy Jr. is convinced that a lone gunman wasn’t solely responsible for the assassination of his uncle, President John F. Kennedy, and said his father believed the Warren Commission report was a “shoddy piece of craftsmanship.”

... “The evidence at this point I think is very, very convincing that it was not a lone gunman,” he said, but he didn’t say what he believed may have happened.

... He said his father had investigators do research into the assassination and found that phone records of Oswald and nightclub owner Jack Ruby, who killed Oswald two days after the president’s assassination, “were like an inventory” of mafia leaders the government had been investigating.

... He said his father, later elected U.S. senator in New York, was “fairly convinced” that others were involved.

Edited by Slate

I think those questions are best unanswered, the conspiracy serves a purpose.....at least to keep questioning what we are told.

People who question the official story have never come up with a scenario that better fits the evidence than the official story. Heck, they usually don't even try. As with the Apollo hoax theories, JFK conspiracists can never decide who, how, or why JFK was killed. They are all over the place with their theories (again, like Apollo HB proponents), while the official story has remained consistent.
  • Like 1

He was killed just days after making comments about "criminal elements inside the establishment" that had to be weeded out...

I wish i had been alive when he was. He seems to be the ultimate leader who cared about the people above all else. No wonder he was killed.

He was killed just days after making comments about "criminal elements inside the establishment" that had to be weeded out...

I wish i had been alive when he was. He seems to be the ultimate leader who cared about the people above all else. No wonder he was killed.

Tell that to the Cubans who were expecting support during the Bay of Pigs.

And why didn't Kennedy support Bay of Bigs? So the Trafficante Mafia couldn't take over Cuba and turn it into what Las Vegas is today!

And why didn't Kennedy support Bay of Bigs? So the Trafficante Mafia couldn't take over Cuba and turn it into what Las Vegas is today!

Honestly, I do feel as though we were told only half truths. Do I know the truth? No, but knowing the truth might disappoint me.

I love conspiracy theories like the next guy, but our government will never tell the whole truth about anything. Kennedy was killed because of greed. Was it LHO? Doesn't matter who.....what matters is why..

Would something like this happen again? It happens daily. The government tells us what we want to hear. Unicorns and rainbows. But coming to this forum proves we are not buying it. The lad of poo they feed us daily doesn't sit well. I would love to ask my maker the real story on JFK, but hen I would never be able to share it.

• 4 months later...

Unfortunately I don,t imagine we,ll ever discover the real truth behind the shooting and it is a shame which hangs over the american government of that time. I,d, just like others thoughts on this either positive or negative as I have Always thought there was a massive cover-up and have not canged my mind

Unfortunately,you are correct.

The truth may come out one day when certain files be made public.

But am afraid that will not be in your lifetime.

Oswald was totally innocent and had no 'MAGIC' bullets in his arsenal.

• Like 1