Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Sprouts should come with a health warning'

Still Waters

Maybe they could GMO the risk out of them ?

I love my sprouts...... had some yesterday!!! Can't you smell it? :P

Yes we can, thank you very much. Now can you please go away? s2730.gif

• Like 6

no sprouts do not need a health warning. the rest of us don't have a problem eating them,s ot herefore it's the man's doctor who needed to l et him know that it could affect his medication if he ate them

why do we all have to be included in everyone's issues and disabilities and illnesses?

• Like 6

Then you would have to put it on all leafing greens. Isn't there a warning label on the medication?

Yes and the Warning should be something to the affect of "If you dont read medication labels, you may be in for a surprise. Enjoy!"

That's a very high dose of warfarin . You shouldn't take anything else,natural or not,to thin your blood.

Do you know if you have inflammatory issues in your vasculature ? As that too can precipitate clots .

You should eat all natural ,and no high fructose corn syrup ,EVER .

Seriously .

I'm so sorry you have to go thru this .

Hi Simbi,

I'm not aware that I have inflammatory problems in my vasculature but I now have damaged arteries and veins because of multiple clots. I do have problems with my immune system though? My clotting problem is due to a Protein C deficiency. Why is fructose corn syrup a problem? Does it affect clotting time Simbi? Thanks for the tips by the way! It's a way of life for me now and thanks for your kind words:)

Edited by Star of the Sea

Brilliant stuff - Warfarin - it certainly keeps the rat population down in my barns!

Haha Eald! Yes it's rat poisoning! Horrible way for the rats to go though:(

People who are on coumadin/warfarin do get those warnings but it's quite easy to forget and eat something especially at a holiday meal that can cause a problem. I've been on coumadin now for about 18 months and like SPoTS said - it's a flippin' nuisance! BUT...blood clots in the lungs are MUCH WORSE! I was raised on collards and turnips and I love cranberries....all of them are strictly VERBOTEN...

Hi and then,

It's really important being monitored on anti coags because a pulmonary embolism (clot in lung) as you probably know can be fatal. My first one was when I was only 26 years old and I ended up in ICU. So I can't complain really. Do you have to be monitored weekly on coumadin? I've been on sinthrome in the past which is a synthetic anti coagulant but it made me sick as a chip lol!

Then you would have to put it on all leafing greens. Isn't there a warning label on the medication?

Hi Darkwind,

Here in the UK you carry a anti coag book around in case of an emergency and it gives you all the no, no's of what you can and can't do and what you can and can't eat. Even gaining or losing weight affects the clotting time.

• Like 2

Hi Simbi,

I'm not aware that I have inflammatory problems in my vasculature but I now have damaged arteries and veins because of multiple clots. I do have problems with my immune system though? My clotting problem is due to a Protein C deficiency. Why is fructose corn syrup a problem? Does it affect clotting time Simbi? Thanks for the tips by the way! It's a way of life for me now and thanks for your kind words:)

Clots tend to form more easily,if there is an inflammatory issues going on .

Inflammed arteries and veins,are more prone to clots forming and getting stuck ,which is essentially what causes heart attacks ,and clots in other parts of the body .

Thinning the blood is great ,but if an unchecked vasculature inflammation is going on,which isn't always caught by doctors ,can cause all kinds of issues.

High Fructose corn syrup ,causes endothelial inflammation .

In kidneys,in livers,in veins and arteries .

All sugared sodas in the USA ,as well as ketchup ,yogurt ,candy ,chocolate,any sweet pickeled item like sweet pickles ,sweet peppers in jars ,condiments ,cakes,they all have high frustose corn syrup in them .

I read all labels . I find them without the hfcs .

Or,I stop eating it .

Here are some articles about it.

And you should rewd them too and_then .

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2518440/

http://blog.healthfoodemporium.com/cancer/alarming-danger-of-high-fructose-corn-syrup-131

I think doctors have a responsibility to let patients know these things .

Regular sugar,as bad as it is for us,is better for us ,than hfcs.

Edited by Simbi Laveau
  • Like 2

Clots tend to form more easily,if there is an inflammatory issues going on .

Inflammed arteries and veins,are more prone to clots forming and getting stuck ,which is essentially what causes heart attacks ,and clots in other parts of the body .

Thinning the blood is great ,but if an unchecked vasculature inflammation is going on,which isn't always caught by doctors ,can cause all kinds of issues.

High Fructose corn syrup ,causes endothelial inflammation .

In kidneys,in livers,in veins and arteries .

All sugared sodas in the USA ,as well as ketchup ,yogurt ,candy ,chocolate,any sweet pickeled item like sweet pickles ,sweet peppers in jars ,condiments ,cakes,they all have high frustose corn syrup in them .

I read all labels . I find them without the hfcs .

Or,I stop eating it .

Here are some articles about it.

And you should rewd them too and_then .

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2518440/

You're a star Simbi! Thanks so much and I will read the article. Merry Christmas by the way:)

Warning: Sprouts can cause liver failure, high blood pressure and stroke. Occasional deaths have been reported.

They are also known to cause your head to fall-off.

Just kidding.

Edited by pallidin
  • Like 2

I'd rather eat the vegetables and adjust the medication.

Edited by Hobbit Feet
  • Like 1

Hi and then,

It's really important being monitored on anti coags because a pulmonary embolism (clot in lung) as you probably know can be fatal. My first one was when I was only 26 years old and I ended up in ICU. So I can't complain really. Do you have to be monitored weekly on coumadin? I've been on sinthrome in the past which is a synthetic anti coagulant but it made me sick as a chip lol!

I only have to be tested once a month - usually I'm pretty stable though occasionally my INR will dip below 2 - it's supposed to stay between 2.5/3. When I developed the PE's I did so slowly with multiple small ones in both lungs. Shortness of breath that went from worse to please God help me over about 2 months - ER visit and now an 18 month rehab. I drank an energy drink in the first 6 months - just one - and my INR went from 3.2 down to .6 in a couple of days! It took over a month to re regulate. Ginseng was the culprit! I tread very carefull these days....

Merry Christmas and watch out for the cranberry sauce! :santa::w00t:

I can't be the only one who's first post came out blank. I'll try again. I'd rather eat the vegetables and adjust the medication!

I only have to be tested once a month - usually I'm pretty stable though occasionally my INR will dip below 2 - it's supposed to stay between 2.5/3. When I developed the PEts I did so slowly with multiple small ones in both lungs. Shortness of breath that went from worse to please God help me over about 2 months - ER visit and now an 18 month rehab. I drank an energy drink in the first 6 months - just one - and my INR went from 3.2 down to .6 in a couple of days! It took over a month to re regulate. Ginseng was the culprit! I tread very careful these days....

Merry Christmas and watch out for the cranberry sauce! :santa::w00t:

Blimey cranberry sauce lol! Yup it is a problem when the INR swings from high to low. Sorry to hear you have been through the mill. Breathlessness is a real symptom of PE's... well I hope you are stabilised now and welcome to the 'clotting club' (not!) Happy Christmas 'and then' :santa:

No, they shouldn't.

1) Your doctor should advise you what to not eat.

2) You should be researching things you're unsure of, not just stuffing them into your mouth like theres no tommorrow.

I can't be the only one who's first post came out blank. I'll try again. I'd rather eat the vegetables and adjust the medication!

it didn't come out blank... :whistle:

No, they shouldn't.

1) Your doctor should advise you what to not eat.

2) You should be researching things you're unsure of, not just stuffing them into your mouth like theres no tommorrow.

Usually people who are really sick pay attention to what they eat, I do and all I have is a very mild allergies to sulfites and gluten, with no heart or blood problems whatsoever

• Like 1

Musically, please...

"And remember every time you order Brussels sprouts

You're going to rob a cabbage of its young."

- Sid Williams, Barkerville. Circa 1968.

No one else will remember this. That's okay.

• Like 1

Grow your own veggies. You can do it indoors and you wont have the problems regulating coumadin as much as youll be able to estimate the amts of the "bad: stuff and with your doctor should be able to mainatin whatever diet you wish. Minus strictly veggie.

If they impaired my ability to operate machinery I would probably eat more.

• Like 1