Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Guns are part of the American identity

Simbi Laveau

That's the key sentence there.

These Americans think of themselves as vigilantes. Having to take matters into their own hands. The cause of a lot of problems.

The world isn't a Hollywood movie...

yea, we take OUR matter into OUR own hands. what is wrong with that?? otoh, don't bother answering.

• Like 1

These Americans think of themselves as vigilantes. Having to take matters into their own hands. The cause of a lot of problems.

I fully believe the right to have guns is a enormous deterent to government tyranny. That doesnt even come close to meaning I see myself as a vigilante. The last thing I want to do is have a confrontation with any type of criminal. or any type of authority. Almost everyone I know has guns, and not one of us thinks of themselfs as vigilantes. Its amazing how the subject of guns just brings out the worst in people. Since the shooting last week I have heard so many false claims, twisted truths and out right lies. The only "problems" we have that are gun related either have to do with gangs, who own them illegaly. Or victoms of drug companies that have had thier brains destroyed my mind altering chemicals. They claim folks have "chemical imbalances" that they have no test for, nor can they prove in anyway shape or form.

Anyhow if you dont like guns, or Americans who own them, then forget you.

• Like 2

America also has the highest rate of Gun related homicide in the world - which I suppose is cool to.

America the hard man who sorts out his problems with bullets, I wonder why the world is in a near perpetual state of colonial wars :td:

Br Cornelius

oh, please, learn history, perpetual state of colonial wars, happens since begining of times, don't try to push that one on us, iirc britan empire did more colonial wars that the rest combined.

btw, we also have highest rate of lethal car accedents, medical mistakes, police brutality, gang violence, hospital infections that ended up with death,......we also have highest population after china and india, highest number of guns, in private hands .......... the list could go on and on.

we ARE different. and you know what, we have just as many good sides as bad, and i'll take usa over any other "safe" country any day.

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1

The simple facts of the American homicide rate really puts all this freedom **** into context - free to kill innocents (easily). Free to be afraid that the next time you have a falling out with a stranger you could easily end up dead.

Freedom is a much abused word and the American love of guns has done nothing to prevent a slide into tyranny - you have already arrived. Its time to grow up and stop living the frontiers man outlaw lifestyle.

Br Cornelius

Edited by Guest

oh, please, learn history, perpetual state of colonial wars, happens since begining of times, don't try to push that one on us, iirc britan empire did more colonial wars that the rest combined

The great American lie is that they are exporting freedom to the world - when in fact they are bullying countries to do it the American way or no way.

Bastion of freedom and liberator of the oppressed - its about time the worlds policeman started behaving itself in a civilized manner.

Br Cornelius

Ill keep my GUN thank you. If you dont like it no need to respond.

The great American lie is that they are exporting freedom to the world - when in fact they are bullying countries to do it the American way or no way.

Bastion of freedom and liberator of the oppressed - its about time the worlds policeman started behaving itself in a civilized manner.

Br Cornelius

Not only this. They really don't care if a country is a dictatorship or not, as long as said country plays ball with them economically. 'Freedom' matters not.

• Like 1

Sure looks like stupidity is part of the American Identity, as well, judging by this thread. Any excuse to have a gun.

I think what should be the 'identity' of America when it comes to guns is that we can be mature about our gun ownership... Which many Americans cannot and see them as toys.

Edited by Hasina

I think the identity of America should be changed

• Like 1

The simple facts of the American homicide rate really puts all this freedom **** into context - free to kill innocents (easily). Free to be afraid that the next time you have a falling out with a stranger you could easily end up dead.

Freedom is a much abused word and the American love of guns has done nothing to prevent a slide into tyranny - you have already arrived. Its time to grow up and stop living the frontiers man outlaw lifestyle.

Br Cornelius

Our murder rate is so high cause of gangs and illegals. People who dont own guns legaly. Law abiding gun owners dont live a "outlaw" lifestyle. No wonder so many folks hate gun ownership. You believe several out right lies regarding it.

• Like 2

Ill keep my GUN thank you. If you dont like it no need to respond.

A culture who refuses to mature will surely keep repeating the same mistakes over and over again.

Look at the price you pay daily to maintain this "freedom".

Br Cornelius

Our murder rate is so high cause of gangs and illegals. People who dont own guns legaly. Law abiding gun owners dont live a "outlaw" lifestyle. No wonder so many folks hate gun ownership. You believe several out right lies regarding it.

All cultures have gangs and illegals - its the freely available guns which produce the homicides.

A very weak argument.

800px-Map_of_world_by_intentional_homicide_rate.png

The darker the blue the higher the homicide rate, America is on a par with African countries who are in active conflict zones. Terrible statistics.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_intentional_homicide_rate

Br Cornelius

Edited by Guest

Home of the brave....Hm...look like brave sleep with guns under pillows...wait a minute...is that brave?

Edited by the L

Its all about money and corrupted politicians otherwise Guns would be banned long time ago.

Neither money nor corruption had anything to do with the founders writting the second amendment. The government has no authority to ban guns. Man damn near everything I read from you gun haters is a out right lie.

Even those that have a "Lawless" lifestyle should be included here. You think this Government is gonna roll over and say ok. take what you want ....Expand your horizon don't hate just because someone has lived a different life with different opportunities.

There actually akin to an inner cities militia. Just a criminal element to em that's all. Granted there's bad apples on every tree.

Edited by AsteroidX

You are wrong. I have no idea where you're from but likely you have never gone out target shooting or hunting, the pupose for which a good 90% of handguns and rifles are purchased.
  • Like 1

All cultures have gangs and illegals - its the freely available guns which produce the homicides.

A very weak argument.

Br Cornelius

BS. over 80% of gun related crime is gang activity. You folks are amazing. You cant have a real truthful discussion, so your hate leads you to just believe what ever crap that you can come up with. I mean you actualy said folks like myself are "living the frontiers man outlaw lifestyle". That to me means you have no intentions of looking at this subject rationaly, and just say whatever dumb ass thing you can think of.

Br Cornelius

it has nothing to do with guns in private hands, don't mix everything up.we do it cuz we can, and your country would too if it could, no doubt about it. politics and world ain't fair, get used to it.

BS. over 80% of gun related crime is gang activity. You folks are amazing. You cant have a real truthful discussion, so your hate leads you to just believe what ever crap that you can come up with. I mean you actualy said folks like myself are "living the frontiers man outlaw lifestyle". That to me means you have no intentions of looking at this subject rationaly, and just say whatever dumb ass thing you can think of.

Support your position with a study showing that 80% of all homicides are gang related. I would be more than a little surprised if you could back it up since most homicide is domestic where the free availability of guns is the main reason why a family row ends up in a dead partner.

Br Cornelius

Neither money nor corruption had anything to do with the founders writting the second amendment. The government has no authority to ban guns. Man damn near everything I read from you gun haters is a out right lie.

Sure it have you just dont look big picture rather cheap local stories from the corners.

Edited by the L

Gang on gang warfare is called staying in shape.

A culture who refuses to mature will surely keep repeating the same mistakes over and over again.

Look at the price you pay daily to maintain this "freedom".

Br Cornelius

Owning a gun makes you immature? The biggest mistake we could make would be to hand over our guns to the most violent lunitics on this planet. We call them the government. Yea, lets give up our guns so the criminals (who will never give up thier guns) can just rob, rape and or kill anyone they want. Yea that sounds like the mature responcible way to go.

• Like 2