Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Guns are part of the American identity

Simbi Laveau

But joc, if violence against someone is so abhorrant that it makes you feel violent, how can you follow through with these evictions?

Surely, in time over years, and time, this just going to continue, you can't end violence with violence, only make different layers of right and wrong

Banning all forms of violence against mankind, in the end, hopefully will make change for the better.

It will take years, maybe milleniums, but is it not better to a part of the hope for the future, rather than the drudge of old bad ways?

But see Mistydawn, you are missing a huge point...Violence is inherent in Human Nature. You are not going to fix that by being nice to those who would harm you. But the world in which I am Judge and Jury only exists in Dictatorship countries like Saudi Arabia. The truth is that we live in an abhorent society and being all nice, nice with the criminal element just puts you into their nightmare. I would never harm anyone intentionally...but if I am threatened with harm, my response is also Human Nature...destroy the threat. Look around...do you really think we as a race will endure long enough to overcome the inherent nature that is us? Evil is. When it finds you...kill it! Don't go looking for it...it will come looking for you...and when it does...kill it! That is all...

• Like 2

But see Mistydawn, you are missing a huge point...Violence is inherent in Human Nature. You are not going to fix that by being nice to those who would harm you. But the world in which I am Judge and Jury only exists in Dictatorship countries like Saudi Arabia. The truth is that we live in an abhorent society and being all nice, nice with the criminal element just puts you into their nightmare. I would never harm anyone intentionally...but if I am threatened with harm, my response is also Human Nature...destroy the threat. Look around...do you really think we as a race will endure long enough to overcome the inherent nature that is us? Evil is. When it finds you...kill it! Don't go looking for it...it will come looking for you...and when it does...kill it! That is all...

But joc, my argument stands, to fight evil with evil only makes you evil. You can't condemm someone and then come after them with the same weapon.

You gotta fight evil with love.

Edited by Mistydawn
  • Like 5

But joc, my argument stands, to fight evil with evil only makes you evil. You can't condemm someone and then come after them with the same weapon.

i think rather than fighting it we must find a way to eliminate it as a factor in life. you fight this evil and that evil just takes its place.

uh no i haven't gotten all the details worked out yet so don't be challenging me on that one lol

• Like 1

How does that work? My definition of Evil is not 'killing'. If I detroy a threat, then the Evil is irradicated...if I tell the threat that I love it and that I am going to show the Evil my love...and the Evil kills me...the Evil continues and my love is destroyed.

Love triumphs over Evil is a myth. The only way Evil is overcome is through its destruction.

• Like 1

How does that work? My definition of Evil is not 'killing'. If I detroy a threat, then the Evil is irradicated...if I tell the threat that I love it and that I am going to show the Evil my love...and the Evil kills me...the Evil continues and my love is destroyed.

Love triumphs over Evil is a myth. The only way Evil is overcome is through its destruction.

In one way, it prevents evil. Once existing and being eradicated is less than never existing at all. The old "an ounce of prevention" adage. Gun controllers are eradicating guns because they see guns as the threat. That's not to favor gun control if the gun-control advocates have the order backwards. Adding love should come before subtracting guns, as if only evil can come from the (private citizen's?) use of a gun. When there's no more evil, there will be no more need for guns. The oft-disproved myth that just because someone is wearing a blue uniform with a badge they are a trustworthy steward of a firearm is just as wrongheaded as believing the same about someone in a green uniform with a helmet.

And if a threat to you is evil, is a threat to a deer evil? What about a chicken? No, one could argue, they're just dumb animals. We only think of good and evil on human terms, yet what of the humans who love that deer? My mom grew up with a baby chic, raised it to a plump ripe age and found it on her dinner plate. She was aghast. She loved that chicken. It felt evil and disgusting to her to have to sit at the table and eat it. Is evil defined culturally, dependent on humanity collectively, uniquely contained within different societies each independent of the other, limited in definition to some minimal standard of intelligence? What about a threat to another country you don't politically agree with? Maybe a threat from your own country? Is that evil? We sometimes stack these concepts so high on top of so many assumptions and so much terminology that they're subjectively defined and inherently unprincipled. What is evil? What is a threat? Do your definitions fit everyone's? Do your examples? Can evil be eradicated or prevented? Should it?

I believe that good triumphs over evil eventually because evil inevitably turns upon itself.

• Like 1

Gun controllers are eradicating guns because they see guns as the threat.

They see guns as a threat to their own Power. Guns in the hands of the People is a threat to the Power of the Dictatorial Wannabe Government!

I believe that good triumphs over evil eventually because evil inevitably turns upon itself.

Good triumphs over evil because good people won't stand for evil...and it is the Triumph of those who actually Fight and Destroy the evil that brings Victory to those who just want to Love it all away!

We don't live in the Wild, Wild, West...this world is so much more unpredictable and sick!

• Like 1

Good triumphs over evil because good people won't stand for evil...and it is the Triumph of those who actually Fight and Destroy the evil that brings Victory to those who just want to Love it all away!

We don't live in the Wild, Wild, West...this world is so much more unpredictable and sick!

"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?” ~ Abraham Lincoln

• Like 1

Sources to back that up?

not the whole rape and kill everyone part. but the chances of someone breaking in to your house and harming someone. or the chances of being mugged etc

Could you post states that state in a free carry world people will not mug you or break in to your home. IMO the chances are they will do both but just shoot you first because they think you have a gun. So instead of being a victim of crime you are just a corpse.

Seriously people need to go watch Demolition Man.

Not getting the guns. Fact.

Getting the guns. Delusional

:gun:

"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?” ~ Abraham Lincoln

Try making friends with the guy in the parking lot that wants your car and cash...he wants a fix...he doesn't want to be your friend.

• Like 1

I dont know if you have kids Misty. But if you do, and you allowed some lunitic to capture them, where 3 days later the cops drag thier body outta a river, when you could have stopped them, THAT would make you evil.

• Like 1

I dont know if you have kids Misty. But if you do, and you allowed some lunitic to capture them, where 3 days later the cops drag thier body outta a river, when you could have stopped them, THAT would make you evil.

Fear mongering.

Its still more likely your kids will get shot accidentally by a legitimate gun owner.

Br Cornelius

I don't think I'd allow any-one to capture them if I could find a way to stop them without shooting them.

If they did capture them, then I guess they and I would be victims.

I still would not want to own a gun knowing what could happen by accident.

Edited by Mistydawn

Seriously people need to go watch Demolition Man.

Movie = make-believe. Not real. Fantasy.

Try making friends with the guy in the parking lot that wants your car and cash...he wants a fix...he doesn't want to be your friend.

Especially when I'm dangling my wallet and keys in his face. Making friends isn't always possible, especially in light of bad policy. It's still a process and it still requires effort and skill. Giving our enemies what they want would empower them but let's distinguish between friendship and appeasement here. Do we appease our friends to make them? Maybe our friends are jealous of our cars and cash too, but we don't eradicate or destroy them for it. You have to convince someone to befriend you; it doesn't happen in a vacuum or due to their lack of wanting things. Running into you in a parking lot and wanting your money doesn't make someone beyond redemption because "human nature is evil". Just because I beat someone back with fists or gun doesn't mean they're beyond forgiveness, dead or alive.

• Like 1

Fear mongering.

Its still more likely your kids will get shot accidentally by a legitimate gun owner.

Br Cornelius

So now accidents are the problem. That just revalidated the whole banning cars argument.

How many people does tobacco kill a year. Why not run to the gubmint about that?

• Like 1

So now accidents are the problem. That just revalidated the whole banning cars argument.

How many people does tobacco kill a year. Why not run to the gubmint about that?

Repealing the 2nd amendment or more gun control does not mean "banning" or "repossession".

And the gubmit did do something about tabacco. A lot in fact. Try lighting up in any private offices, public or government space. There are laws and rules that restrict that. Tobacco kills and will kill many fewer than it ever has as a result. In the US. Maybe you don't live here.

Repealing the 2nd amendment or more gun control does not mean "banning" or "repossession".

And the gubmit did do something about tabacco. A lot in fact. Try lighting up in any private offices, public or government space. There are laws and rules that restrict that. Tobacco kills and will kill many fewer than it ever has as a result. In the US. Maybe you don't live here.

How is repealing our right to bear arms not banning our right to bear arms? What does "repossession" have to do with anything I said? Don't play stupid semantics games with me.

If government wanted less tobacco and had an honest interest in saving us from our lifestyle choices too maybe it should stop subsidizing tobacco farmers. What Constitutional Amendment or Act of Congress banned smoking in those places that I wasn't aware of? If you're going to cheerlead progress on tobacco (death statistics please) then you just clumsily admitted that it doesn't take sweeping legislation from Washington DC to make improvements in our society. And while you're living in America, put away your elitist chosen few, and let the people decide.

We don't need to touch the second amendment...we need to 'adjust' the first amendment to be what it was supposed to be...speech.

Riddle me this:

What is sicker...some lunatic that walks into a movie theater and shoots innocent people...or...people inside a movie theater who pay to watch people do the same sick thing on the movie screen...or Hollywood actors, directors, and producers who market this crap in the first place?

If it is illegal to do in the first place...it should be illegal to 'show' someone doing it in the second place.

• Like 1

We don't need to touch the second amendment...we need to 'adjust' the first amendment to be what it was supposed to be...speech.

Riddle me this:

What is sicker...some lunatic that walks into a movie theater and shoots innocent people...or...people inside a movie theater who pay to watch people do the same sick thing on the movie screen...or Hollywood actors, directors, and producers who market this crap in the first place?

If it is illegal to do in the first place...it should be illegal to 'show' someone doing it in the second place.

I just posted a Youtube vid of our fabulous celebrities, that actually help make our peoples' minds up, all advocating for more gun control while they're the same hypocrites glamorizing it on the silver screen. Hypocrisy shouldn't be illegal but it should be exposed.

It goes to show what's rational and sane; it's what's beautiful and cute. Want to gain credibility on any issue? Find a pretty famous face to speak out on it. Nobody will care that the celebrity has zero expertise; the people who have the most credibility in our society are the ones who pretend to be somebody else.

• Like 2

Gun Control was the last item listed on Obamas agenda earlier today. I still think thats just a ruse for Frankensteins January push on gun control. Fortunately shell never get ANY legislation through the House of Representatives. I predict Gun Control as legislation is dead without an EO. And Obama isnt willing to go that route as he has a better understanding of the consequences of such an order. Just be sure to vote out the schmucks that are trying to pull the wool over our eyes and replace them with new blood.Get active stay active and share what you learn.

A temporary repreive and small victory for 2nd Amendment supporters.

• Like 1