Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man found dead standing up in his kitchen....

seeder

I'm hoping to be able to bury Mrs.Ealdwita with her butt sticking out of the ground so I've got somewhere to park my bicycle!

or stick the brolly... :yes:

• Like 1

But wouldn't that be a grave defect?

i cant tell if your being serious or if that was a bad pun.

I once found a young man standing up dead - on one leg.

I was waiting on a bus at the intercity bus station at Amsterdam Central Station a number (8?) of years ago. It was winter and it was cold and it was an afternoon. I noticed someone standing about five meters away, leaning on the upper bar of a railing and looking at the water in the canal below. I did not think anything about it. Time passed. People arrived, got on busses and left. Then I noticed that this person had not moved. He was still in the same position, leaning with his chest on the upper bar of the fence. I started to pay attention. He still did not move. Then I approached him, studied him, spoke to him. He did neither respond nor react. Though both feet touched the ground, he was actually standing on his left foot only. I started to feel creeped out. I touched him. No response. His eyes were open, looking at the water below. I touched him more strongly, felt his backbone. Still no response. Other people started to pay attention. A bus came in. I alerted the driver. I told him that I thought that the young man was dead. He closed and took out his money tray, and got out of the bus and approached, spoke to and studied and touched the young man. My bus came in and I got on, so I do not know what else occurred - but I do am convinced that that young man, who had been standing there on one leg in plain view for who knows how long while countless people passed him by as they waited and got on or off their busses, had been very dead during all that time, maybe even since the previous night.

What a way to go, that is so freakin strange indeed. What are the chances of that? I bet ya Aliens gave him the old death ray!

What a way to go, that is so freakin strange indeed. What are the chances of that? I bet ya Aliens gave him the old death ray!

Maybe he was waiting on aliens who promised to take him to their planet but, alas... they stood him up. :(

• Like 2

When its your time to go there is no need to sit down for it. Just continue on until it stops you in your tracks.

• Like 3

Iknew of a man who did die standing up next to his counter, the police came in said hi to him ask him what was going on expecting a conversation couldn't because he was you guessed it he was dead small town cops.

• Like 1

A man died in the kitchen, has to be a first

• Like 1

A man died in the kitchen, has to be a first

:w00t: .. Yeh but in fairness he was reaching into a cupboard for his beer...

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I once found a young man standing up dead - on one leg.

I was waiting on a bus at the intercity bus station at Amsterdam Central Station a number (8?) of years ago. It was winter and it was cold and it was an afternoon. I noticed someone standing about five meters away, leaning on the upper bar of a railing and looking at the water in the canal below. I did not think anything about it. Time passed. People arrived, got on busses and left. Then I noticed that this person had not moved. He was still in the same position, leaning with his chest on the upper bar of the fence. I started to pay attention. He still did not move. Then I approached him, studied him, spoke to him. He did neither respond nor react. Though both feet touched the ground, he was actually standing on his left foot only. I started to feel creeped out. I touched him. No response. His eyes were open, looking at the water below. I touched him more strongly, felt his backbone. Still no response. Other people started to pay attention. A bus came in. I alerted the driver. I told him that I thought that the young man was dead. He closed and took out his money tray, and got out of the bus and approached, spoke to and studied and touched the young man. My bus came in and I got on, so I do not know what else occurred - but I do am convinced that that young man, who had been standing there on one leg in plain view for who knows how long while countless people passed him by as they waited and got on or off their busses, had been very dead during all that time, maybe even since the previous night.

They passed him by not knowing he was dead. You however left him knowing that either he was ill or dead!!! If he were alive he may have been having a TIA or an Absence seizure eyelid myoclonia is common with both. But how,how could you leave him???

• Like 1

They passed him by not knowing he was dead. You however left him knowing that either he was ill or dead!!! If he were alive he may have been having a TIA or an Absence seizure eyelid myoclonia is common with both. But how,how could you leave him???

well if that had been south London, someone would have took his necklace, watch, wallet and any other valuables, and left him standing...Ive seen it happen even on drunks

They said they alerted the bus driver, who presumably stayed and called 911 or something. I'm assuming they left on a different bus though. I can't imagine the driver just going back his rounds without calling it in.