Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

For the theorists: Why did the world not end?

Timothy

Ok guys. So why are we still here?

Open slate. All answers welcome.

Any theories? Any extended time frames? Any '2 year buffers' to help you not look so wrong?

I do want answers. And I know there are people on here who should be replying to this topic.

I will be liberal in my replies.

Please proceed...

Cause it didn't. There's just no plan. Things happen.

I know this is more for the believers then people like myself, but I might as well set the bar at 'average'.

Edited by Hasina
  • Like 1

Cause it didn't. There's just no plan. Things happen.

But are you suggesting 21/12/2012 was a legitimate doomsday date and that it just did not come to fruition? Or that the world will end by some natural means at some unknown point in the future?

But are you suggesting 21/12/2012 was a legitimate doomsday date and that it just did not come to fruition? Or that the world will end by some natural means at some unknown point in the future?

The latter.

• Like 1

Said this in another thread - fits here as well.

I think that this 12/21/12 has become a secular version of all the "rapture" prophecies.

Both based on bad interpretation and misinformation.

Neither gonna happen.

Nibs

• Like 3

Seriously? Come on guys, the hysteria was restricted to a small group of the usual suspects. The vast majority of people gave this little event nothing more than a passing thought, despite the press pounding on it for months, if not years, now. If anything, it proves that our hypermedia trying to make a story has turned the bulk of us into much shrewder consumers of infromation and that is a good thing. The press is now one of the least trusted organizations in the US, if not the world.

BTW, the calendar itself had nothing to do with the world ending and, in fact, another calendar was found that covers a much greater number of cycles. This was hysterics misinterpreting an archaeological artifact. The calendar on my desk ends a week from Monday and that means as much as the Mayan artifact ending this week.

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 2

I'm thinking the believers are going to be very quiet for awhile.

As if they want to be the butt of our ridicule!

• Like 1

Said this in another thread - fits here as well.

I think that this 12/21/12 has become a secular version of all the "rapture" prophecies.

Both based on bad interpretation and misinformation.

Neither gonna happen.

Nibs

Funny you should mention. I did meet a girl last weekend who saved he number in my phone under the name 'Rapture Gurl'.

She was replying to my messages until tonight. Should I join the dots or no? :w00t:

school was canceled. It saved the world.

The press is now one of the least trusted organizations in the US, if not the world.

I did hear twice on the radio this morning, and once on a TV broadcast later in the day that 'scientists got it wrong again'. Unfortunate but true that the press is probably more trusted than the legitimate peoples. It was the closest I've ever been to voicing my opinion over radio.

Edit: 'raido' is incorrect spelling.

Edited by Timonthy

It did end for a billionth of a second, then the earth was re-created and everyone on it. Like magic.

• Like 4

It did end for a billionth of a second, then the earth was re-created and everyone on it. Like magic.

Magic is always so nice. So simple. So convenient :)

• Like 1

I did hear twice on the radio this morning, and once on a TV broadcast later in the day that 'scientists got it wrong again'. Unfortunate but true that the press is probably more trusted than the legitimate peoples. It was the closest I've ever been to voicing my opinion over radio.

Edit: 'raido' is incorrect spelling.

That is absolutely astounding! They actually blamed the scientists? You should have called in and straightened rthe mouthbreathers out. Did anyone call in?

• Like 1

That is absolutely astounding! They actually blamed the scientists? You should have called in and straightened rthe mouthbreathers out. Did anyone call in?

Unfortunately, because the world was not ending, I had to commence my working day and was no longer able to listen to the radio.

• Like 3

My son was in the bathroom tacking a crap when the not end of the world happened. It least one turd got wiped off the globe.

• Like 2

My son was in the bathroom tacking a crap when the not end of the world happened. It least one turd got wiped off the globe.

Alas, one turd down your toilet is another to be processed. We can only hope that they are all jettisoned with the new and functionial North Korean rockets. (Kim Jong-un, if you're reading this, I love you long time!)

Hey guys I'm still after answers from some who believe that something should have/is still going to happen?

Hi,

wait until the end of today, due to bi-circular transmagnentation, over the past millenia our days have shortened meaning the original 21st dec 2012 11:12am will come a little later this year.

Warm regards,

HansBolman

Hi,

wait until the end of today, due to bi-circular transmagnentation, over the past millenia our days have shortened meaning the original 21st dec 2012 11:12am will come a little later this year.

Warm regards,

HansBolman

Haha okay, but what if it's already 01:33AM here on the 22/11/2012?

• Like 1

Haha okay, but what if it's already 01:33AM here on the 22/11/2012?

Believers don't quite get the concept of time zones.

Surprised? ;)

• Like 2

Ok. I was going to earlier but saw the kidding so i left it out.

The galactic equinox is a multi year event. No one knows how long it will take to traverse this plane or where its apex is. I believe we just saw the Mayans best prediction at this apex. our actual the solar system will be in the flux zone of the gravitational pull from our galaxies central black hole. It has been for the several past years and could be for many years to come.

The carrot on the stick in this is there are other objects that may be getting effected by this same central pull that may go through our solar system on there on effected orbits. You can add the Legend of Nibiru here. But scientists have made claims that increased objects such as asteroids and comets are a distinct possibility in this zone. Solar activity can be effected by this as well.

There could me stellar phenomenon in this region (magnetic,gravitary, unkowns) that we will not see by the naked eye. So yeah. Think of it as a Doomsday prophecy that goes on for years. But likely we will only see the sun have some changes, a few objects drifting through the solar system that are not originally from here, and continued weather issues and as we continue to increase our carbon footprint we could leave this what would have just been a few bad storm seasons into a mini ice. or general ice age.

Well obviously we are going by the Mayan timezone not Oz timezone :st

Yes, and we here in the magical land of Oz were meant to meet our crocodile wrestling end at 22:11PM AEST yesterday, 3 hours and 32 minutes ago.

Edit: spelling.

Edited by Timonthy

Alas, one turd down your toilet is another to be processed. We can only hope that they are all jettisoned with the new and functionial North Korean rockets. (Kim Jong-un, if you're reading this, I love you long time!)

north-korea-is-best-korea-0b88c.jpg

• Like 2