Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

For the theorists: Why did the world not end?

Timothy

Ok. I was going to earlier but saw the kidding so i left it out.

The galactic equinox is a multi year event. No one knows how long it will take to traverse this plane or where its apex is. I believe we just saw the Mayans best prediction at this apex. our actual the solar system will be in the flux zone of the gravitational pull from our galaxies central black hole. It has been for the several past years and could be for many years to come.

The carrot on the stick in this is there are other objects that may be getting effected by this same central pull that may go through our solar system on there on effected orbits. You can add the Legend of Nibiru here. But scientists have made claims that increased objects such as asteroids and comets are a distinct possibility in this zone. Solar activity can be effected by this as well.

There could me stellar phenomenon in this region (magnetic,gravitary, unkowns) that we will not see by the naked eye. So yeah. Think of it as a Doomsday prophecy that goes on for years. But likely we will only see the sun have some changes, a few objects drifting through the solar system that are not originally from here, and continued weather issues and as we continue to increase our carbon footprint we could leave this what would have just been a few bad storm seasons into a mini ice. or general ice age.

Do you realize that there isn't such a thing as a galactic equinox? And that from the Earth, the Sun appears to rise through the galactic equator (the imaginary circle that we assign to the center of the galaxy) twice a year. From the Sun, the Earth does the same thing, twice a year. The Moon sometimes does it 3 times a year.

The location of our solar system is some several dozen light years ABOVE the physical galactic plane and is still traveling further away from it. Even when it does pass again through the physical plane, there is no increase in gravity due to Sagittarius A*. It's gravitational force on Earth is one million times less than that of the Sun.

Edited by Imaginarynumber1
  • Like 4

http://en.wikipedia....2012_phenomenon

twice

Do your own reading. Its under precession

Did you notice the part where I said it appears to pass through the galactic equator twice every year? That would be on the summer and winter solstices. The galactic equator is an IMAGINARY line that we assigned to the disk of the Milky Way, roughly in the center. The Sun is not actually lined up with it. It APPEARS to line up with it twice a year. Your source supports exactly what I said.

And there is still no such thing as a "galactic equinox".

Edited by Imaginarynumber1
  • Like 1

Unfortunately i had to go out at 6:30 this morning and start shovelling 2 feet of snow after last nights storm.My wife wouldn't accept the end of the world as an excuse not to...

• Like 6

Its just a common term used as it occurs once on the updrift and once on the downdrift similar to a equinox. Sorry if that confused. I think in layman terms its easier to understand.

I agree with you about the level of gravity changes but the weather patterns and possibly solar activity may be very sensitive these small changes.

Ok. I was going to earlier but saw the kidding so i left it out.

The galactic equinox is a multi year event. No one knows how long it will take to traverse this plane or where its apex is. I believe we just saw the Mayans best prediction at this apex. our actual the solar system will be in the flux zone of the gravitational pull from our galaxies central black hole. It has been for the several past years and could be for many years to come.

The carrot on the stick in this is there are other objects that may be getting effected by this same central pull that may go through our solar system on there on effected orbits. You can add the Legend of Nibiru here. But scientists have made claims that increased objects such as asteroids and comets are a distinct possibility in this zone. Solar activity can be effected by this as well.

There could me stellar phenomenon in this region (magnetic,gravitary, unkowns) that we will not see by the naked eye. So yeah. Think of it as a Doomsday prophecy that goes on for years. But likely we will only see the sun have some changes, a few objects drifting through the solar system that are not originally from here, and continued weather issues and as we continue to increase our carbon footprint we could leave this what would have just been a few bad storm seasons into a mini ice. or general ice age.

Yep there is always a chance we will be hit by an asteroid and in fact it has happened several time in the past and most likely will happen again,hell I'd bet on it. That, in no way, however, has anything at all to do with the Mayan calendar. Nothing. The Mayans never mentioned an asteroid hitting the earth in the past, much less the future and their calendar has nothing at all to do with the world ending, they simply stopped carving because they stopped there. If they added another 45 years we'd have the same dopes declaring the end of the world in 45 years. They have to stop somewhere, it just happened to be our date of 10/21/2012. Period.

The Mayans were most definitely Liverpool FC Fans... Making bold, ridiculous predictions, living off ancient history, lost among modern civilisation.

• Like 1

Yep there is always a chance we will be hit by an asteroid and in fact it has happened several time in the past and most likely will happen again,hell I'd bet on it. That, in no way, however, has anything at all to do with the Mayan calendar. Nothing. The Mayans never mentioned an asteroid hitting the earth in the past, much less the future and their calendar has nothing at all to do with the world ending, they simply stopped carving because they stopped there. If they added another 45 years we'd have the same dopes declaring the end of the world in 45 years. They have to stop somewhere, it just happened to be our date of 10/21/2012. Period.

I was refering to Asteroid or Comet transiting our solar system. That are not native due to the altered gravitational pull.

I was refering to Asteroid or Comet transiting our solar system. That are not native due to the altered gravitational pull.

Which is always happening. Are you saying a "galactic equinox" will increase the number of these objects? How? And yopu are presupposing thet the Mayans were aware of a black hole at the center of our galaxy I assume. Strange since they had no concept of gal;axy and certainly not of black holes. Then you drift into an increasing carbon footprint that the Mayans were also unaware of and a coming mini ice age. Are you saying an increase in atmospheric carbon will lead to an ice age? Wow, lots of global warmers here will chastise tyou for that.

Mini-ice ages and general ice ages as well as warming trends are part and parcel of this planet's existence and there will certainly be many more of both in the future but once again, the Mayans had absolutely no inkling that either exists and so I ask, what do they have to do with the Mayan calendar and the supposed 12/21/12 apocalypse?

• Like 1

Can you cite much of anything the Mayans did or did not know I cant because most of there written history was destroyed.

But Ill concede I agree with some of what you wrote but in the other spectrum you are dicing words. I wasn't trying to write a scientific analysis of it but just answer the OP's request that noone had responded.

The cause of an increase of transiting objects would occur from there being an increased gravitational pull the closer (Im going to call it the equinox as its what Im familiar with) to the equinox we are. Although minor it is enough to alter the trajectory of vulnerable objects.

Im not a doomsday person so it would be hard to split hairs with you on those scenarios. Luckily I will be long gone before the carbon footprint I left effects my childrens child. So yeah. We can either let things happen naturally and enjoy the normal ebb and flow of being hit by asteroids and experiencing ice ages. Or we can continue be high end emitters and push this world faster into it what it does normally. Perhaps Fracking will help us buy a little time. Perhaps not.

Gravitational force is proportional to the size of the object and inversely proportional to the square of the distance.

Sagittarius A*, the massive black hole is estimated to be 4,000,000 solar masses. It is also 26,000 light years away. There are approximately 63,000 astronomical units in a light year, therefore Sagittarius A* is 1.6 billion times further away than the sun.

Putting that all together reveals that the gravitational pull of Sagittarius A* on earth is approximately 670 billion times weaker than that of the sun.

Proxima Centauri, the nearest star to our solar system has slightly more gravitational pull on earth than the black hole at the center of our galaxy.

And more to the point, we are the same distance (give or take an utterly insignificant amount) from the center of the galaxy as we were a hundred years ago and will be in a hundred years from now, therefore it's gravitational pull on Earth or any nearby comets or asteroids has remained the same, there is no "altered gravitational pull" so what possible mechanism are you proposing for why in 2012, it might somehow cause objects from outside our solar system to be drawn into our solar system? Some sort of alignment or whatever isn't going to alter the gravitational pull of Sagitarrius A*, which is utterly negligible as it is.

• Like 1

I wonder how much money NK spent to research and produce a globally popular dance song. Maybe they've been using the nuke tests to distract us from their real agenda all this time...

That artist and production comes from South Korea, not North.

• Like 1

Ok guys. So why are we still here?

Open slate. All answers welcome.

Any theories? Any extended time frames? Any '2 year buffers' to help you not look so wrong?

I do want answers. And I know there are people on here who should be replying to this topic.

I will be liberal in my replies.

Please proceed...

1. If everything should run normally till 12/21/2012, it means that the end should take place on 12/22/2012, which is tomorrow.

2. I have clearly said that there will be no end of the world yet (in 2012). There are planned things to happen which did not happen yet and the end of the world would prevent them from coming to pass.

Edited by The_Spirit_of_Truth

So then Black Holes don't eat matter and dust. Because they need a gravity to pull their food in.

Thank you. I appreciate the information and well just have to see what happens over the next few years if that insignificant gravitational change is enough to move a pea sized rock in a different direction. Too bad we cant accurately predict where along the plane of the great rift we even are as far as its equator goes. So it makes it fuzzy to start with.

I have never heard this 100 mile thing. Are you suggesting this once every 26,000 year event is a change in 100 miles seems odd to myself. Can you help explain how that is so. Are you saying we are moving on a flat like plane then ?

There is criticism I have found which I think sums well what I was trying to say in regards to crossing the plane.

Criticism

Astronomers such as David Morrison argue that the galactic equator is an entirely arbitrary line and can never be precisely drawn, because it is impossible to determine the Milky Way's exact boundaries, which vary depending on clarity of view. Jenkins claims he drew his conclusions about the location of the galactic equator from observations taken at above 11,000 feet (3,400 m), an altitude that gives a clearer image of the Milky Way than Maya had access to.[65] Furthermore, since the Sun is half a degree wide, its solstice position takes 36 years to precess its full width. Jenkins himself notes that even given his determined location for the line of the galactic equator, its most precise convergence with the center of the Sun already occurred in 1998, and so asserts that, rather than 2012, the galactic alignment instead focuses on a multi-year period centred on 1998

The Mayan calendar many believe predicts the end of the world actually indicates the beginning of a new calendar cycle, according to a new archaeological find.

After uncovering a mural in Mayan ruins in Guatemala, researchers say the ancient people did not think the end would come on 22 December 2012.

On the wall of a tiny structure buried under forest debris in Guatemala, archaeologists have discovered a scribe’s notes about the Maya lunar calendar, which they say could be the first known records by an official chronicler of this ancient civilization.

These notes pertain to the same Maya calendar that is sometimes erroneously thought to predict the world’s end on or about Dec. 22, 2012. The researchers who helped uncover and decipher the wall’s inscriptions said the Maya calendar foresaw a vast progression of time, with the December 2012 date the beginning of a new calendar cycle called a baktun.

"They were looking at the way these cycles were turning," said William Saturno of Boston University, an author of an article on the find in the journal Science. "The Maya calendar is going to keep going and keep going for billions, trillions, octillions of years into the future, a huge number that we can’t even wrap our heads around."

Source: http://www.euronews.com/2012/05/11/guatemala-discovery-sheds-light-on-mayan-calendar-doomsday-mystery/

• Like 1

That artist and production comes from South Korea, not North.

I think there's a typographical error there. You typed the word "artist" by mistake.

• Like 2

So then Black Holes don't eat matter and dust. Because they need a gravity to pull their food in.

Huh? Black holes certainly do eat up matter because they have gravity. I'm not sure what you're getting at here.
Thank you. I appreciate the information and well just have to see what happens over the next few years if that insignificant gravitational change is enough to move a pea sized rock in a different direction.
Can I ask you exactly what "insignificant gravitational change" you are talking about? What has changed and why?

What's special about his particular "gravitational change" even if it exists? The sun's position relative to other stars is changing slowly all the time and thus there are always subtle and extremely small gravitational changes around the sun that can nudge objects out of the Oort cloud perhaps sending

I have never heard this 100 mile thing. Are you suggesting this once every 26,000 year event is a change in 100 miles seems odd to myself. Can you help explain how that is so. Are you saying we are moving on a flat like plane then ?
What "100 mile thing" and what "26,000 year event"?

I never mentioned anything to do with "100 miles". And if the 26,000 year event you're talking about is the 26,000 years that each cycle of precession takes to complete, there is an amazing amount of pseudo-scientific BS linking it to galactic alignments and 2012.

What am I suggesting is that given that the gravitational pull of the black hole at the center of the galaxy is 670,000,000,000 times weaker than the sun's gravitational force on us, so that even if me moved, let's say, 1% closer to the center of the galaxy (which would take 260 years travelling at the speed of light, so I'm deliberately using a hugely exagerrated number), the result would be a 2% in that 670,000,000,000 times weaker force it currently exerts on us and objects in our vicinity than the sun does. Given that the variation in local gravity as the distance between the earth, moon and sun changes over their orbital cycles is millions of times greater, I'm struggling to see what effect it is that you think might be remotely significant. Any possible gravitational force changes related to our distance from the center of the galaxy is utterly swamped by factors of millions of billions greater by other local changes.

• Like 2

That first question was just a gutcheck so we could be sure to agree on something.

I can follow your math and you are obviously more educated on the subject then myself. Is it theoretical or emperical math ? Can we actually physically measure this gravity yet ? Im curious about that.

I dont know where I read 100 miles but I could have sworn i did. Guess I need new reading glasses.

Edited by AsteroidX

It's Newton's law of universal gravitation.

F=Gm1m2/r^2

Where F is the force between 2 bodies, G is Newton's gravitational constant, m1 and m2 are the masses of the 2 bodies and r is the distance between them.

You can thus calculate and compare the forces of various astronomical objects on earth compared with something like the sun.

• Like 1

603260_137046909783480_773036771_n.jpg
  • Like 2