Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Southern Gotham named Sandy Hook

OverSword

From the Article:

A few days ago we posted an article pointing out that director Christopher Nolan’s latest Batman release “The Dark Knight Rises,” which was recently released on DVD, bizarrely featured a mention of the words “Sandy Hook” (at approximately 1:58).

Since that “minor coincidence,” we’ve scoured the Batman movies and pored over various Gotham City maps to find anything that could support the theory that the movies may have had hints of foreknowledge of the tragic massacre that occurred last week, because where there’s smoke, there’s usually fire.

What we’ve found is interesting to say the least.

We looked at different maps of Batman’s fictional home town Gotham City and compared them with each of the films.

In the latest film, the southern section of Gotham is without a doubt called “Sandy Hook,” however, according to our research, this section was renamed somewhere between the first film and the last.

From infowars so there will be much naysaying expected

http://www.infowars.com/confirmed-section-of-gotham-renamed-sandy-hook-in-latest-dark-knight-release/

It is weird when you consider the James Holmes case and it being at the showing of the film as well. I remember there being reference to that int he film as well.

Whats Target 2 ?

Sandy Hook is also the pilot station in New York harbour; he may well have got the name from there.

Sandy Hook is also the pilot station in New York harbour; he may well have got the name from there.

Metropolis is New York, Gotham is Chicago.

As everybody should know, Gotham City is loosely based on New York City. Look at the map of New York, there are A LOT of places called Sandy Hook:

sandyhookny.jpg

As everybody should know, Gotham City is loosely based on New York City. Look at the map of New York, there are A LOT of places called Sandy Hook:

Wrong. Gotham is based on chicago not new york. Also if you check maps from first two movies that area was called somethingg else. Perhaps reading the story before making ignorant comments is a new idea to some. Edited by OverSword

names were changed, places dissipated, witnesses vanished, there was murder involved, maps appeared, a timeline was established going back to a year before the events, It points to FUTURE events. This is great stuff for anyone that enjoys a good mystery.

By now you either believe there's something to this or you don't. I doubt minds will be changed. If they've looked at the evidence and come there own conclusion. If they haven't even taken the time to look at it then they shouldn't say anything about it.

Just a general statement

• Like 2

Two connections to two different incidents is coincidence. If another mass shooting occurs that can be referenced to the film then that would make it a trend above anomaly. Stay tuned.

• Like 1

Wrong. Gotham is based on chicago not new york. Also if you check maps from first two movies that area was called somethingg else. Perhaps reading the story before making ignorant comments is a new idea to some.

Writer Bill Finger (co-creator of the DC Comics character Batman), on the naming of (Gotham) city and the reason for changing Batman's locale from New York City to a fictional city said, "Originally I was going to call Gotham City 'Civic City.' Then I tried 'Capital City,' then 'Coast City.' Then I flipped through the New York City phone book and spotted the name 'Gotham Jewelers' and said, 'That's it,' Gotham City. We didn't call it New York because we wanted anybody in any city to identify with it."

"Gotham" had long been a well-known nickname for New York City even prior to Batman's 1939 introduction,[3] which explains why "Gotham Jewelers" and many other businesses in New York City have the word "Gotham" in them. The nickname was popularized in the nineteenth century, having been first attached to New York by Washington Irving in the November 11, 1807 edition of his Salmagundi.

(SOURCE: Gotham City)

Apology accepted.

• Like 3

I saw a MIB reference in the video.

and the phone looking thing at the end ? has a calculator with darths Head on top.

Not to mention the sandy1 reference.

Edited by AsteroidX

Has anyone else worked on the V2 lyrics in this song.? Ive got about 3/4 and i need to do a double bl\ind test. No ****.

Edited by AsteroidX

I've been a Batman comicbook reader for as long as I can remember, and have always thought of Gotham as New York City. I've never heard or read any indication it was Chicago until I read that post.

Your so far off. Ive already completed Strike Zone 2. his s a real CtT

Two connections to two different incidents is coincidence. If another mass shooting occurs that can be referenced to the film

By stretching tenuosity to its limits...

• Like 1

Gotham is a fictional city really its represented as Chicago. Just like Spider Man is a Yorkie but he dont really live there.

By stretching tenuosity to its limits...

On one hand we have people who are finding meaningful connections and appreciating synchronicity. I like that topic.

On the other hand you have skeptics who are critically focused on the people mentioned above.

The first topic is more appealing to me and is all I desire to discuss. Have a good morning.

I put a thread up showing strike zone 2 hit but it got and is it seems noone is looking at this anymore ill take me evidence elswhere, Thank You poster for the video it broke it open. Do you have a link to where its from ?

Metropolis is New York, Gotham is Chicago.

Gotham AND Metropolis are often said to represent two sides of New York but are also BOTH on the East coast. In some DC continuities Metropolis, Gotham AND New York all exist again all on the East coast. I've not seen Gotham supposed to be Chicago until this thread.

Edited by frenat

I too have always thought it was Chicago. Guess what? It kinda is.

Gotham has a storied history and while originally meant to be New York the most successful Batman products, Christopher Nolan directed Batman trilogy, Gotham is clearly Chicago.

Nolan didn't create Batman or anything. He's just made the most recent movies. Before Frank Miller the public image of Batman was 'Shark Repellent' and 'Robin and Batman are gay!' Just in recent years has Batman become this dark and gritty character. Seriously, look up some Silver Age Batman comics, you shan't be disappointed.

• Like 1

My earliest Batman comic is from October of 1972 but I am not really a fan or anything.