Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

JUNE 1971

oldsoldier

I finished my eight years service with the US Air Force June 21, 1971 and my english wife of twenty two months and I were visiting with my parents and young brother Tracy at their home just outside Colville, eastern Washington. The tiny Mill Creek runs past less than a hundred yards from the front door and on leave I often fished for the elusive trout that thrived in the cold clear waters. One early afternoon I decided to try my hand as it had stayed cloudy(normally the stream was only fishable early or late as these wild fish spooked very easily). I,d soon landed three fat rainbows for our supper when the clouds burned away and a hot sun came out which made fishing very difficult. Suddenly wife Sue joined me dressed in shorts, sandals, light blouse and sunglasses carrying a large towel, magazine and sun cream. "Any good?" she asked as she layed the towel out on some grass on the near bank. "Got three earlier, but this sun has put them off!" I replied. "Well take a break and rub some sun cream into my back." she told me as she removed her blouse. I had soon begun to forget fishing as she had me remove her bra when suddenly we were joined by a strange looking angler with a full ginger beard and piercing blue eyes. "Have you caught any?" he asked in a scots brogue as wife Sue tried to cover her modesty from his piercing gaze. "Three earlier but the sun has stopped them." I confirmed. "Aye yeh may as well wait till the sun goes doon a bit." he answered, then waded across the stream where it widened a bit and faded away into thin air. Not really believing our eyes we searched up and down the stream, but no sign of him or wader prints in the soft mud. My wife claims he was a sexy ghost who just wanted a peek at her bosoms. Despite enquiries with local people no one had any idea who the stranger with a scots brogue was.

Yes -fully equipped with fly rod, creel and waders plus a hat full of fishng flies and Thank You Jeffertonturner as I,m considering putting some of my "unusual experiences in a book before I decide to leave this mortal coil. Do you think I could make it as a writer then?

Edited by oldsoldier
  • Like 2

Yes -fully equipped with fly rod, creel and waders plus a hat full of fishng flies and Thank You Jeffertonturner as I,m considering putting some of my "unusual experiences in a book before I decide to leave this mortal coil. Do you think I could make it as a writer then?

I really do. :)

Thanks friend I believe I,ll take your advice-Merry Christmas and a Happy 2013 to you-I know there,s some great fishing in your part of Canada and wouldn,t mind visiting some time before too long