Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Antidote to the End of the World

Ben Masada

THE ANTIDOTE TO THE END OF THE WORLD

Here is the reason why the Mayan prediction failed and all else will with regards to the end of the world. The presence of Israel, the Jewish People on earth. That's not a joke; I am serious.

If you read Genesis 8:21,22, according to a Biblical allegory, soon after the Flood the Lord made a covenant with Noah pledging His Word that He would never again allow Mankind to be destroyed again as it had just happened with the Flood, as long as the natural laws governed the universe. What about if man got corrupted again as before? The guarantor would be the soon to rise People of Israel from Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. Why do I say so? Keep on reading.

Jeremiah, a famous Prophet in Israel read that text in Genesis and declared that as long as the natural laws governed the universe, Israel would remain as a People before the Lord forever. (Jer. 31:35-37)

Another evidence: Remember the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah? Before its destruction the Lord appeared to Abraham in a dream/vision and revealed to him what He was about to do. Then, Abraham tried to bargain with the Lord to try to save Sodom. Abraham asked if there was at least ten justs in the city the Lord would spare it. Since there were not, Sodom had to go. Of course, there were hundreds of children but that's not what the Lord meant. He meant a Minyan of ten Jews, which is the meaning in Hebrew. Only ten Jews and those cities would be spared. (Gen. 18:32)

Jesus also must have read those three texts: Genesis 8:21,22, Jer. 31:35-37 and Gen.18:32 because, in his dialogue with the Samaritan woman at the Well of Jacob, he said to her that "Salvation comes from the Jews." (John 4:22) "From the Jews" he said, and not from one among the Jews.

That's why the Mayan prediction for the end of the world failed, and all will, as long as Israel remain as the antidote before the Lord forever. We might as well never worry about it because it could take a few million years more until they are reduced down to a Minyan of ten on earth.

Ben

Mayan prediction failed..........................

it did not fail! it was never predicted in the first place.

• Like 9

He means the misinterpreted version. And they did make a prediction, a common one that all of us could make that involves astrology, if you believe in such things as solar ages. You know, moving from one solar age to the next. The old world is destroyed and the new world is created and so on.

He means the misinterpreted version. And they did make a prediction, a common one that all of us could make that involves astrology, if you believe in such things as solar ages. You know, moving from one solar age to the next. The old world is destroyed and the new world is created and so on.

Maybe they met philosophically. Like the ending of wars (<I know that isn't going to happen), the end of petty violence and destruction. A different mindset. I never knew of any predictions they made, only those that other people made and associated it with the end of mayan cycle.

• Like 1

Maybe they met philosophically. Like the ending of wars (<I know that isn't going to happen), the end of petty violence and destruction. A different mindset. I never knew of any predictions they made, only those that other people made and associated it with the end of mayan cycle.

Yeah you could look at it that way in a spirtual sense, I guess. As to what I meant in their predictions, I meant like astrologically (if there is such a word) or astrological predictions, which anybody can do if they are into astrology.

Here are some links as to what I'm talking about.

http://www.freehoros...-astrology.aspx

Although I really don't take much stock in everything Wikipedia says, I know this part to be legit, if anything.

http://en.wikipedia....i/Maya_calendar

Since Calendar Round dates repeat every 18,980 days, approximately 52 solar years, the cycle repeats roughly once each lifetime, so a more refined method of dating was needed if history was to be recorded accurately. To specify dates over periods longer than 52 years, Mesoamericans used the Long Count calendar.

The Maya name for a day was k'in. Twenty of these k'ins are known as a winal or uinal. Eighteen winals make one tun. Twenty tuns are known as a k'atun. Twenty k'atuns make a b'ak'tun.

The Long Count calendar identifies a date by counting the number of days from the Mayan creation date 4 Ahaw, 8 Kumk'u (August 11, 3114 BC in the proleptic Gregorian calendar or September 6 in the Julian calendar). But instead of using a base-10 (decimal) scheme like Western numbering, the Long Count days were tallied in a modified base-20 scheme. Thus 0.0.0.1.5 is equal to 25, and 0.0.0.2.0 is equal to 40. As the winal unit resets after only counting to 18, the Long Count consistently uses base-20 only if the tun is considered the primary unit of measurement, not the k'in; with the k'in and winal units being the number of days in the tun. The Long Count 0.0.1.0.0 represents 360 days, rather than the 400 in a purely base-20 (vigesimal) count.

There are also four rarely used higher-order cycles: piktun, kalabtun, k'inchiltun, and alautun.

Since the Long Count dates are unambiguous, the Long Count was particularly well suited to use on monuments. The monumental inscriptions would not only include the 5 digits of the Long Count, but would also include the two tzolk'in characters followed by the two haab' characters.

Misinterpretation of the Mesoamerican Long Count calendar was the basis for a popular belief that a cataclysm would take place on December 21, 2012. December 21, 2012 was simply the day that the calendar went to the next b'ak'tun, at Long Count 13.0.0.0.0. The date on which the calendar will go to the next piktun (a complete series of 20 b'ak'tuns), at Long Count 1.0.0.0.0.0, will be on October 13, 4772.

Sandra Noble, executive director of the Mesoamerican research organization Foundation for the Advancement of Mesoamerican Studies, Inc. (FAMSI), notes that "for the ancient Maya, it was a huge celebration to make it to the end of a whole cycle". She considers the portrayal of December 2012 as a doomsday or cosmic-shift event to be "a complete fabrication and a chance for a lot of people to cash in.

So in a way, they made astroligical predictions, just not the end of the world as some would think of it. Only the end of an age. ;)

So anyway, that's what I was getting at. Just depends on how you look at it. Some looked at it totally different, though, and took it way the hell out there. Made a mountain out of a Mayan molehill, you could say.

That's why the Mayan prediction for the end of the world failed,

================================================================

No matter how you wish to interpret it, it still leads to one thing, the end of the world! you can not really come up with another way of interpreting it just because the end did not happen.....the way you describe is not the END, let me quote this from your article:

Misinterpretation of the Mesoamerican Long Count calendar was the basis for a popular belief that a cataclysm would take place on December 21, 2012. December 21, 2012 was simply the day that the calendar went to the next b'ak'tun,

See, not END, just a new stage.

The OP title says END OF THE WORLD, not a new stage of where there is no indication of man being wiped out, and my interpretation of the END of the WORLD is not an end to a particular change in seasons.

Ok got it so if the world ends it's going to be Israels fault... wait is that what you were trying to say?

Mayans had a completely different mythology to that of Judaism and Christianity.

No matter how you wish to interpret it, it still leads to one thing, the end of the world! you can not really come up with another way of interpreting it just because the end did not happen.....

There seems to be a slight misunderstanding here, what I was implying, was that the doomsayers are the ones who misinterpreted the Mayan astrological predictions. The Mayans didn't actual predict the end of the world, as the doomsayers misinterpreted. The Mayans predicted the end of an age and the rebirth of a new age. Although, they never started on another calender for the next b'ak'tun, the 13th b'ak'tun, the astrological age we are all living in now.

But here's funny thing, you just said to the OP, and I quote:

Now that really contradicts the statement up top in where you say to me:

No matter how you wish to interpret it, it still leads to one thing, the end of the world! you can not really come up with another way of interpreting it just because the end did not happen.....

Lol. Am I missing something here?

the way you describe is not the END, let me quote this from your article:

Misinterpretation of the Mesoamerican Long Count calendar was the basis for a popular belief that a cataclysm would take place on December 21, 2012. December 21, 2012 was simply the day that the calendar went to the next b'ak'tun,

See, not END, just a new stage.

Right, that's what I'm actually saying. Not whatever it is you thought I was saying. Maybe you didn't notice before, but I had put that specific sentence from the whole Wiki quote in bold, that you just requoted, in which I was trying to get across for emphisis. In which we both seem to be saying the same thing. So I don't know where you were going with the above point.

The OP title says END OF THE WORLD, not a new stage of where there is no indication of man being wiped out, and my interpretation of the END of the WORLD is not an end to a particular change in seasons.

Yes, in the OP's actual title "The Antidote to the End of the World" has the "end of the world" phrase used in it. But my point was, the OP was using the common misinterpreted idea by the doomsayers, the actual physical destruction of our planet/world, as the doomsayers interpreted in their minds from the Maya. I was not trying to imply, that the OP meant that personally, because the OP obviously never said that, even though I said "He means the misinterpreted version". I meant in the general way of what the doomsayers thought, not the OP. If that's what you got from my words, my bad, I should of been a little more specific in my meaning with the "He means the misinterpreted version" statement..

Now, as for my interpretation for meaning behind the Mayan's end of an age, you don't seem to agree it was misinterpreted by the doomsayers in general, as I say it was and that's fine. It's no biggie, so far, we really only differentiate on that point. Or do we not?

Edited by Purifier

Every year we start our calendar again, this does not mean the world ends only the year.

Mankind will probably fall one day, but sooner or much latter is anyone's guess.

You mean a new age? I'm still waiting and looking with hope for it.

You mean a new age? I'm still waiting and looking with hope for it.

The thread per se is not about the Mayan whatever, but about the general fever that the world was to end on the 21 of December 2012.

the antidote to the end of the world?

a teaspoon and and open mind!

Well, at least I the Biblical quotations for the antidote. What did the believers in the Mayan quotation had to offer speculations?

Ben

Ok got it so if the world ends it's going to be Israels fault... wait is that what you were trying to say?

Right. If the world ends, you can blame the Jews, who probably won't be in existence to be blamed for.

Ben

Mayans had a completely different mythology to that of Judaism and Christianity.

I would like you could share with me what you know about the "mythology" of Judaism. Wanna give it a try?

Ben

Every year we start our calendar again, this does not mean the world ends only the year.

Mankind will probably fall one day, but sooner or much latter is anyone's guess.

Not as long as there is a Minyan of ten Jews in the world, according to the Biblical quotations in the thread.

Ben

If was God I would have end the world exactly because of israeil's actions.

The actions of Israel are rather for the preservation of the world. Jesus himself understood it so. (John 4:22)

Ben

I would like you could share with me what you know about the "mythology" of Judaism. Wanna give it a try?

How about the creation myth, and the flood myth from the Tanakh. I'm willing to bet it isn't Mayan, am I close? Edited by Rlyeh

I think the antidote is the rapture of Jews from the end cause the Omega Demons has dominion and power and will probably destroy our world

The second coming a new Heaven and Earth He mayans were right the cycle has been activated Nasas proved there will be eclipses into 2014

I think the antidote is the rapture of Jews from the end cause the Omega Demons has dominion and power and will probably destroy our world

The second coming a new Heaven and Earth He mayans were right the cycle has been activated Nasas proved there will be eclipses into 2014

That was rather non sequitur.