Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

why do people still believe in big foot

mygrassisgreen

c) problem solving skills and critical thinking are in decline in the adult population. Instead of going out to find information on which to base beliefs, many people believe first and then find confirmation and validation in stories (eyewitness accounts/anecdotal information mentioned above) that support their belief.

Actually OP79, I think that has more to do with it than anything else. If you're already a "believer" then the internet will provide you with all the fuel you'll ever need to keep that fire burning.

• Like 2

I had seen old newspaper stories before, so I knew they were around. Just had to dig and find them. That was the problem though, I had to read alot of old newspaper stories. Anyone have any asprin on them, I've got a hellava headache..... :lol:

• Like 1

Bless your heart Jeff, went right over your head again. Hang in there Buddy, one day maybe it'll make sense.

So you are unware of here work you leave a vage desribtion that people are trying to figure out by saying "petroglifies". Do you even know what you are talking about? Are you just saying petroglifies in generall because that would not what bigfooters are talking about there are certain ones with known legends and myths that go with it. I pointed out two of them. I just trying to figure out if you had a meanful something to had to the confesation or you just talk about stuff you don't know about again.

OMG Jeff?!?

I'm actually quite familar with her work or rather her theories.

Unfortunately, I completely know what I'm talking about, but it's gone over your head. No worries and Merry Christmas.

*shakes head*

OMG Jeff?!?

I'm actually quite familar with her work or rather her theories.

Unfortunately, I completely know what I'm talking about, but it's gone over your head. No worries and Merry Christmas.

*shakes head*

Ok so you are wasting my time and every ones eles time by making vage refences and not willing to descuss what you mean. I not going to answer any more response to you on this thread, other people have at least try to firgure out your comment and showing pictures of what they think you are talking about. Etheir be a man and explain what you meant by a comment or act like a boy and hidde behind vague comments so people can't say you or right or wrong. Other people are here to better understand claims and counter claims, so far you have not had any information to the thread.

Gentleman, I believe this is the image you're talking about:

bf1.jpg

Supposedly this indisputable drawing of Bigfoot is in a cave in Northern California but I've been unable to verify that.

Have you found any new information out if this is a bigfoot pictrographs? If these does have a known legend or myth behind it claim a bigfoot it does seem to repersent a bear, from the claws on the hand and feet. It would be intresting to compare this to other pictrographs and legends of bigfoot.

I normally don't back track on myself because someone else can't follow the conversation, but in this case I will......why, I'm not really sure but my original post was about timeline of Bigfoot reports. Now I did comment on other replies and that might have confussed you.

Original post and premise posted:

CBC? Where have you been? Bigfoots have been depicted on the walls of caves going back 2000 years. If you're going to be a skeptic then please bother to get your facts correct.

....."the 20's"......sheesh.....

......and as I stated in another thread, it isn't my job or desire to educate anyone and yes, that does include you. Others felt the need to take on that job and that's fine if they want to and that includes you again. Personally, I don't like doing all the "leg work" only to have some lazy person simply post that they don't believe it or don't accept it. Like Stardrive, it just gives me a headache.

I normally don't back track on myself because someone else can't follow the conversation, but in this case I will......why, I'm not really sure but my original post was about timeline of Bigfoot reports. Now I did comment on other replies and that might have confussed you.

Original post and premise posted:

......and as I stated in another thread, it isn't my job or desire to educate anyone and yes, that does include you. Others felt the need to take on that job and that's fine if they want to and that includes you again. Personally, I don't like doing all the "leg work" only to have some lazy person simply post that they don't believe it or don't accept it. Like Stardrive, it just gives me a headache.

One again which one are you talking about as I orginal stated, Pictrographs in generally, or any certain ones it is a vague answer you gave. Because Pictroghraps with out and know legends is just what people who claim bigfoot are not talking about, or there is certains ons like John greens have documented, Kathy work ect. Because no one can ansewr for you beshids you, so which ones where you refering to in your comment.

Now for further giggles, here's a group of different "Bigfoot" representations from Native Cultures:

http://www.bigfootresearch.com/index.php?name=News&file=print&sid=163

While I can't say for sure what they are intended to represent they do seem rather.....uhm?........."Bigfooty" to me.

See Jeff, there's the problem, you asked me what I was talking about but the truth is all you're interested in is what you're talking about. Makes it a little hard to exchange ideas when the conversation is all about you.

Where you talking about Kathy strain pictrograph resarch or John Greens pictrographs, ect?

Here is the origional question if you whant to act like a boy and not like a man by ignoring a question I am going to stop answering your thread, you are just wasting my time and will not stand by your words you have spoke.

Now for further giggles, here's a group of different "Bigfoot" representations from Native Cultures:

http://www.bigfootre...e=print&sid=163

While I can't say for sure what they are intended to represent they do seem rather.....uhm?........."Bigfooty" to me.

How dare you provide educational material to support your claims!

How dare you provide educational material to support your claims!

I know, and I am sorry for that, I promise not to do it again.

Edited by keninsc

http://www.bigfootre...e=print&sid=163

Thank you for answering the question, I NEED NOT SEE THIS UNTIL NOW ,MY APPOLOGIES.

Here is the origional question if you whant to act like a boy and not like a man by ignoring a question I am going to stop answering your thread, you are just wasting my time and will not stand by your words you have spoke.

The reason I didn't respond is because it was obvious to me that you were confused. I have now gone back and done more crap than I normally do in order to try and get you on track. If that doesn't get you there then I suggest you bother someone else, maybe they will do a better job than I can.

Edit to add:

See, that kind of the problem Jeff.

Edited by keninsc

Ahem... now what is it we're talking about again? Oh yeah, well I guess the moral to the story here is seeing really is believing. :lol:

• Like 1

here is a petroglyph I found in the Mojave desert California, not far from where Jeff lives.

I'm thinking it depicts a jack rabbit, maybe a bighorn sheep?

post-41803-0-72022100-1356373429_thumb.j

I know it isn't bigfoot but I think it shows that without any context it can be very hard to interpenetrate ancient native american rock art.

• Like 1

Yeah, that's why I said that the current interpretation of the Glyphs is that of a Bigfoot, but without a true written account then it's pretty darn subjective to say the least. The glyph evanj shows could be a bunny rabbit or it could just as easily be an elk or anything in between for that matter.

• Like 1

Ahem... now what is it we're talking about again? Oh yeah, well I guess the moral to the story here is seeing really is believing. :lol:

Honestly, I've forgotten what this was all about, obviously the original poster ran away like a big dog. :blush:

That's cool ecj. Any idea of how old it is? Just further proves what we've been saying all along is true, it isn't really about destination, but what we learn along the way. Here's a fossil of what looks like a shoulder blade I found while out. No one I've showed it to has been able to ID it as of yet.

post-26642-0-73858400-1356374202_thumb.j

Exactly keninsc.

Here is one I found on one of the old shore lines of the Great Salt Lake. This one I just cant figure out. I would love to hear some opinions on what it could be.

An octopus?

An alien?

Or just a doddle?

post-41803-0-68081600-1356374548_thumb.j

• Like 1

Here is another one I found near the one above. It looks similar to some of the ones in the educational references keninsc so carelessly provided. I believe they called them devils?

post-41803-0-84113700-1356375335_thumb.j

This guy looks like he has tail feathers, and tufts on his head like a great horned owl? His right hand (left in photo) is an arrow head pointing up, his left hand is some sort of sick with an object on the end?

I did follow the direction the arrow was pointing and found a very small fresh water spring in the cliffs above. Was it intentionally showing where to find drinking water? I don't know, maybe that is what it what it was intended for.

There were many more petroglyphs near by, but they seemed to be nonsensical scribbles, an patterns. Could they be maps. Or schematics of some sort? Who knows maybe the were just abandoned mistakes.

That's cool ecj. Any idea of how old it is? Just further proves what we've been saying all along is true, it isn't really about destination, but what we learn along the way. Here's a fossil of what looks like a shoulder blade I found while out. No one I've showed it to has been able to ID it as of yet.

post-26642-0-73858400-1356374202_thumb.j

I have no Idea how old the bunny is stardrive.

The ones from the Great Slat Lake are probably between 10,000 to 5,000 years old I think.

That is an amazing fossil, you should have it checked out at your local university.

In regards to pertographs any one without a known legend and myth cann't be used in a argument for the existence of a animal. Any scientific disapliene than looks at pertographs only does so when the lengend and myth are known. Any oppions on petrographs without known myths and legends are claims made in psdo-science, which all that is oppion. Not to say that claims with legends or myths or proof or bigfoot, it shows if bigfoot is real it has a historical record.