Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

why do people still believe in big foot

mygrassisgreen

Ok? When you say "unidentified human bones" what exactly do you mean?

Not sure if you mean in the fossil record or a recent serial murderer victim.

Nah, just lots of human remains (usually quiet old) turn up in the mtns north of where i live (every couple of years being "lots" - but the majority of them are never identified). Its very rough country despite being not to "far" from a major city. Etc. I'm not saying every unidentified human bone is a "sasquatch" - the vast majority of them i imagine belong to lost hikers/prospectors/etc, etc, that never made it out. But, that being said, if my hypothesis is correct and sasquatches are simply human beings with Hypertrichosis or the such, who were driven out from their tribes long ago and continued to survive, i'd imagine that some of these human bones belong to them. And in reality (assuming said bones are never linked to a missing person, usually with DNA), unless one were to happen across said body within two or three weeks of it dying (or often times, much, much sooner), all one would find would be bones. Dead animals and the like don't last long out here - too many carnivores and insects.

Edited by Bavarian Raven

Oh, ok. I didn't realize that a lot of human bones turned up like that was all.

yes, there are members of a tribe long ago who managed to survive, and that could explain recent bigfoot sightings. or not.

Edited by AREA__51

I didn't know that, I did know there were periodic findings but as soon as they determine it's Indian.....or rather Native American bones then they have to stop because the Indians......uhm.....NA's believe the body and it's resting place does something to the spirit in the after life. I don't know, I can't keep up with the various NA belief systems. As far as where Bigfoot came from......assuming there is a Bigfoot, I think is putting the cart before the horse. However, if you check with the BFRO you'll find they apparently have a myriad "facts" that no one else seems to have on Bigfoots.

I think if we checked we'd find they pulled those "facts" out of a warm, dark, moist place.

Please someone connect with of the "BFRO" They sound legitimate...

You are kidding right? BFRO's main goal is to sell overpriced squatching expeditions to fringies and rubes. They also are heavily into merchandising on the side. BFRO is opportunistic and crazy. They feed the fire of Bigfoot nuttery without adding anything constructive to the debate.

are kidding right? BFRO's main goal is to sell overpriced squatching expeditions to fringies and rubes. They also are heavily into merchandising on the side. BFRO is opportunistic and crazy. They feed the fire of Bigfoot nuttery without adding anything constructive to the debate.

the sad part is, when BFRO first started they actually did do some decent work - but now the site has been commercialized. Still, i have known a few good, serious people from that site. But sadly, like democracy, sites decay overtime... :unsure2:

Anyone can come into a topic and claim anything, followed by a " google it if you do not believe me " when asked to verify a statement....

A educated person making a claim, all ready has the verification to back it up, and can easily type it in.

Otherwise, it is just word of mouth opinion, or blind faith talking.

Actually that's not entirely true. When making a claim, no matter who makes it, it always ends up that the educated educate the uneducated. Claiming the skepical high ground shouldn't exempt anyone from having to back up thier claim or do thier own research to ensure thier statement is valid.

Actually that's not entirely true. When making a claim, no matter who makes it, it always ends up that the educated educate the uneducated. Claiming the skepical high ground shouldn't exempt anyone from having to back up thier claim or do thier own research to ensure thier statement is valid.

I pointed out I used to be a " believer ".

The reason I am not, I started researching myself, to see if claims were factual.

I also stopped posting " belief" as " fact ", and make sure I have my ducks in a row when posting a fact.

I also learned to accept being wrong, and saying thank you when learning new things.

Has nothing to do with " skeptics " versus " believers ".....

Has to do with being honest, and swallowing a little pride.

Well I'm a "believer" in here and a skeptic in the real world. :lol: I'm just saying, be carefull when making claims. The high ground is no longer a safe place to be.

Well I'm a "believer" in here and a skeptic in the real world. :lol: I'm just saying, be carefull when making claims. The high ground is no longer a safe place to be.

What claims have I made ? :)

Yup, I came back....

Thank you, although not sure I would make a nice wall mount. A bit of a beer gut going now a days.

that's ok, they'll only mount your head in any case :P

• Like 1

What claims have I made ? :)

None that you couldn't back. U da man in that regard. But I've read alot of claims, some in this thread, that are not facts but an assumtion on the part of the poster.

We're not that different Sakari. You researched and found that alot of claims are unfounded or hoaxes etc. You only went where the evidence led you. I did the same thing, with the difference being I went out and looked for myself. Likewise, I only went where the evidence led me. No, I don't have a body that proves the creature's existance once and for all. But I did learn some interesting things that I would never have had knowledege of, if I hadn't gone out and looked for myself.

None that you couldn't back. U da man in that regard. But I've read alot of claims, some in this thread, that are not facts but an assumtion on the part of the poster.

We're not that different Sakari. You researched and found that alot of claims are unfounded or hoaxes etc. You only went where the evidence led you. I did the same thing, with the difference being I went out and looked for myself. Likewise, I only went where the evidence led me. No, I don't have a body that proves the creature's existance once and for all. But I did learn some interesting things that I would never have had knowledege of, if I hadn't gone out and looked for myself.

I have gone out numerous, countless times. I live in the heart of " Bigfoot Country ". I have hunted here for a very long time, hiked, explored, etc. Not only here, but in the Redwoods, and surrounding areas.

So, I have also gone out and looked :)

And still do.

Now, I can not say I go out on Bigfoot hunts, but I do go out and explore, scout, etc. It does cross my mind when I never see any clues at all.

Also have been to Oregon Caves quite a bit ( Big Tree )......Google Oregon Caves and Bigfoot. :)

Edited by Sakari

I have gone out numerous, countless times. I live in the heart of " Bigfoot Country ". I have hunted here for a very long time, hiked, explored, etc. Not only here, but in the Redwoods, and surrounding areas.

So, I have also gone out and looked :)

And still do.

Now, I can not say I go out on Bigfoot hunts, but I do go out and explore, scout, etc. It does cross my mind when I never see any clues at all.

Also have been to Oregon Caves quite a bit ( Big Tree )......Google Oregon Caves and Bigfoot. :)

the fact that you are out there in the areas that bigfoot supposedly inhabits is enough - i don't believe you need to be 'looking' for it to find it if it is in fact there.

do they only show themselves to the believers? seems that way.

^ As I thought, we aren't that different.

All I came away with, this year, is some new and novel hunting techniques and how to hide in plain sight. All from someone or something that lives off the land, or maybe not. Could just be natural things combined with an over active imagination. Anything is possible at this point. Nevertheless, I know how to better live off the land and stay hidden, imagination or not. I'll get back out there again, taking a break from it for now.

What?? you made a claim and now you want me to Google Oregon Caves and Bigfoot?? Do it for me, I'm skeptical and call bs.... :lol: (j/k)

the fact that you are out there in the areas that bigfoot supposedly inhabits is enough - i don't believe you need to be 'looking' for it to find it if it is in fact there.

do they only show themselves to the believers? seems that way.

That reminds me of the other thing I learned this year, us humans are woefully slow witted in the forest.

That reminds me of the other thing I learned this year, us humans are woefully slow witted in the forest.

compared to whom or what?

What?? you made a claim and now you want me to Google Oregon Caves and Bigfoot?? Do it for me, I'm skeptical and call bs.... :lol: (j/k)

:tu:

I learned a lot from Bow Hunting....I am still very bad on knowing what vegetation is ok to eat, and what is not.....Stealth, and such, no problem now. Had 3 very good teachers :)

One was Ted Nugent ( reading, not first hand )

Oregon Caves :

http://www.squidoo.c...igfoot-sighting

http://www.bfro.net/...port.asp?id=678

http://bigfooteviden...egon-caves.html

PS.....Oregon Caves about 60 odd miles from Bluff Creek ( Patterson Film )

Edited by Sakari

:tu:

I learned a lot from Bow Hunting....I am still very bad on knowing what vegetation is ok to eat, and what is not.....Stealth, and such, no problem now. Had 3 very good teachers :)

One was Ted Nugent ( reading, not first hand )

PS.....Oregon Caves about 60 odd miles from Bluff Creek ( Patterson Film )

I was just kidding about pulling up the links but thanks. Got some cool caves around here also, just no bf caves, that I know of anyways.

I'm not a hunter, never had much interest in it. But I've learned some cool things about it. Forget the hairy dude (dudette), he/she doesn't exist. But I do like the novel hunting and stealth techniques I've learned this year.

compared to whom or what?

Compared to anything that lives in the woods and has to avoid becoming food for something else. Deer, we see them at a distance, but get too close and they're gone.

Personally, I like Nugent but his idea of stealth is sitting in a blind waiting for the deer to walk out into the clear cut, usually on a fenced in "hunting preserve".

Edited by keninsc

Within the same species of animal there are those that are more elusive and wary of humans which probably do an excellent job of avoiding us. Yet there are also animals of that same species that act almost the opposite. I would think sasquatch would have its share of rogues (including juveniles) as well. But they do not exist with bf. As alike as any species may be they each also have their own individual character for whatever reason.

Patty didn't look like she gave a darn, out in the open, never running. This is what I would expect in some individuals in a population of sasquatch. Easily sought, sighted, and "caught".

Edited by QuiteContrary

That's a better answer Ken. Humans are woefully slow witted in the forest compared to the biological entities that call it home.