Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How do i tell my parents i'm not christian

CelestialStar

How old are you? Why intentionally create conflict? There is no need to harass your parents about their beliefs. Let them believe whatever the heck they want to believe?

If you intentionally create conflict all it will do is create "duality and separation" between your parents and you. Drive a wedge in the relationship.

All Christianity is anyway is a mixed up religion created from an amalgam of beliefs that were common during the 1st Century. It's a little bit of Mithraism, Judaism, Horus worship, Isis and Osiris, etc. I believe Jesus was just a little Jewish rabbi that had a deep and profound near death experience while he was up on that cross and they cut him down and he was in a coma and on Sunday he got up from his coma and told everyone he could what he experienced during his near death experience. Christianity at it's very heart is a near death experience religion and the New Testament is basically a highly embellished and out of sequence near death experience story. It's a religion with a dash of Mithraism, Judaism, and Horus, Isis, and Osiris worship thrown in to make it more interesting.

How old are you? Why intentionally create conflict? There is no need to harass your parents about their beliefs. Let them believe whatever the heck they want to believe?

How would a person be harrassing their parents by simply telling them they no longer believe in their religion?

Some people live and breathe christianity..it consumes their thoughts and everything that comes out of their mouths is somehow related to their beliefs. I imagine it would get exhausting having to pretend to be something you're not..having to discuss religion as if you're a believer or having to pray all the time. That said, I think anyone who wants to tell his/her parents should at least wait until they are out of the house and independent. I've known people who were kicked out of the house for coming out as an atheist or nonbeliever. Also accept the possibility that your parents may disown you or never talk to you afterwards.

Do you really need to? We were never religious in my house, never went to church or even spoke of religion really but I know my mum believes in god, a Christian god. Even as a young kid I believed in a Christian god, mainly because they speak of it on TV as fact. When I grew up though, my beliefs changed a lot, but I found no reason to say to my mum "I think it's unlikely there is any god" (only my opinion), never had a reason to say it. But obviously it must be different in your house being so openly religious.

Did you read the OP? It is the parents enforcing their beliefs, apparently to the extent the children can't eat unless they pray.

How the hell is telling someone you don't believe, harassment?

Edited by Rlyeh

Just as i stated in the title, i am not christian, my parents dont know, but my parents get visibly upset when i say something remotely against Christianity.

(they are super christian, to the point of refusing to let any of my siblings or me eat at all unless we pray)

So telling them flat out im an atheist would certainly pose as a problem. But, hipocrisy is getting irritating too.

If you attempt to convert me, i will pay you no mind.

is there a good way to do it that won't end in rage or argument. i get yelled at or punished for expressing not wanting to go to church as well so obviously there would be warfare (not literally)

any ideas?

Well, obviously you are a minor and live with your parents. So why not just play along until you move out or become an adult, whatever comes first? Trust me, what seems like a long time to you now will pass quickly.

Just be glad your parents are Christian and not muslim... in that case they would be obligated by religious laws to kill you if you left the religion (which does not always happen, luckily, but happens all too often).

And by the way, there are plenty of atheist Christians, so why don´t you consider accepting the positive contributions of Christianity without feeling the need to believe the religious nonsense? You are not alone there.

I think if u dont want to do something u must have valid reasons but cant a person explain his true reasons especially to parents and family .............Its a matter about religion

maybe one must probe for why within and speak about the reasons and conclusions derived as they are without change.Because ur an intelligent person you could be straight forward.Without hurting anyone .U can always say that in case later u discover that u are wrong u wil reconsider.I believe anything that is thrust upon the person can become a problem instead of its original intended purpose.But many atheists seem to also become spiritual later on in their lives .

Simply. Tell them that you respect them and their beliefs. That you have respect for Church and tradition. But that you dont feel what they feel.

That you think that for now , for a while, you need to explore life and not to care too much about hard religious questions.

That you are good and moral person no matter what just that you find boring to go in Church on sunday. But because they are your parents and because obviously thats your tradition you will have respect for their beliefs and their customs.

Its best to look on Church as your national flag until you become older. No matter what nation you belong you can always found bad and good things.

So, respect will calm down your mother and father. If they reject your explaination then use Gandhi startegy.

Its startegy of passive resistance. Because you are not in position you will obey their orders and keep silence but whenever you have a chance to sabotage it or to calmly express your feelings -do it.

Always remember Gandhi when he politly asked British to leave India, you are not welcome here anymore, it would be best that you leave.

• Like 1

Before you decide what you are or not, study it. I as a kid never took anyone`s word for beliefs and study it all. You`d be surpise what you may or may not believe:)

• Like 1