Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

bizarre storm

Somethingwicked

I just had a very bizarre thunder storm here in my home town in Australia . there was like one huge rumble of thunder and that was all ... i will admit it was kind of creepy for me as storms where i live generally last longer . what may have caused this bizarre event... never experienced anything like this before i should add that i have been watching the storm clouds gather all day prior to this event taking place

Edited by Somethingwicked

I do not feel that you watching the storm clouds gather has anything to do with only hearing one rumble of thunder...lol sorry just me being a smart ****. As far as it having only one rumble of thunder has to do with the amount of lightning that was produced during the storm. It may have seemed to be bizzare that there was only one rumble of thunder but not all storm clouds will produce lightning.. and if there is no lightning there will be no thunder... that is just nature.. she always keeps you guessing

Edited by Overdueleaf
  • Like 1

I believe you may be trying to read far too much in to a natural event. Obviously the atmospheric conditions weren't "dialed" just properly for exceeding amounts of thunder and lightening.

• Like 1

I once watched an hour of thunderstorm on a cloudy hot night. There was no rain and no thunder. It consisted of a long series of lightning flashes lighting up the clouds from above or within. It was weird and spectacular.

I don't find it that unusual to hear of a thunder storm with only one enormous thunder clap - happens all the time here.

Br Cornelius

Just accept nature for what it is, unpredictable.

I remember as a child listening to thunderstorms at night... there'd be one big boom of thunder and the rain would start; then one other and the rain would end. Made me think of someone clapping on the rain then clapping it off. LOL

• Like 1

I once watched an hour of thunderstorm on a cloudy hot night. There was no rain and no thunder. It consisted of a long series of lightning flashes lighting up the clouds from above or within. It was weird and spectacular.

I don't find it that unusual to hear of a thunder storm with only one enormous thunder clap - happens all the time here.

Br Cornelius

Lightning storm

Maybe there was enough ice crystals in the upper part of the cloud to produce enough electrical charge for one discharge.I know that even here in winter in a really bad snow storm,you will often get an Isolated clap of thunder.

• Like 1