Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why was Rudolph's nose red ?

Saru

Rudolph's red nose is a popular topic for songs at Christmas time, but what's the real story behind it ?

The study looked at the deer's nasal circulation and found similarities to the microvasculature in the region with that of humans.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Like 2

Drink, sadly. That's why all the other Reindeers wouldn't let him join in any Reindeer games, because he was permanently sloshed.

• Like 4

Skin cancer. Not alot of uv protection when your flying high through the atmosphere. ;)

To guide Santas sleigh through the night

It all dates back to a winter's day long ago in Russia when the wife of a farmer named Rudolf looked out of the kitchen window and said "I zink it iz snowing, Rudolf." Rudolf looked up from his bowl of borsch and replied, "Nyet Olga, zat is rain zat you see." Olga looked again and had to agree with her husband, it was raining. "You are a very clever man, Rudolf." she said. Rudolf slurped another spoonful and nodded, "Rudolf ze Red knows rain dear."

Sorry about that! s9402.gif

Edited by ealdwita
  • Like 6

It all dates back to a winter's day long ago in Russia when the wife of a farmer named Rudolf looked out of the kitchen window and said "I zink it iz snowing, Rudolf." Rudolf looked up from his bowl of borsch and replied, "Nyet Olga, zat is rain zat you see." Olga looked again and had to agree with her husband, it was raining. "You are a very clever man, Rudolf." she said. Rudolf slurped another spoonful and nodded, "Rudolf ze Red knows rain dear."

Hurrah for a sighting of my favourite Seasonal joke.

• Like 1

He was following Santa closely and Santa stopped short Rudolf had a rear end collision

• Like 1

@LEGIONS.....Love the Buteo jamaicensis avatar!

I always liked the story that he got he's head stuck in the micro wave. :tu:

Was hoping you'd tell us another Christmas story Eald! Loved this one.

• Like 1

Couldn't keep it out of other peoples business and it's been punched a lot.

Because Robert Lewis May (the "father" of Rudolph) made it so. I know, I'm taking the fun out of this. :whistle:

I thought his nose was red cause he always kissed Santa's A**

"These results highlight the intrinsic physiological properties of Rudolph's legendary luminous red nose, which help to protect it from freezing during sleigh rides and to regulate the temperature of the reindeer's brain, factors essential for flying reindeer pulling Santa Claus' sleigh under extreme temperatures," study author Can Ince of Erasmus Medical Center in Rotterdam, wrote in a statement, according to ABC News.

i love how they can explain scientifically how rudolfs nose glows but they just expect us believe that reindeer can fly.

• Like 1

Again a useless research if you ask me.....

Like not long ago i read a research where they we're looking for the pressures produced when penguins poo..

Mabye give to money to real researches which can make a difference in life.

Edited by Lancer210

Again a useless research if you ask me.....

Like not long ago i read a research where they we're looking for the pressures produced when penguins poo..

Mabye give to money to real researches which can make a difference in life.

i suspect this is a light hearted seasonal piece, to demonstrate that Scientists don't always take everything absolutely seriously.

• Like 1