Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

FBI "monitored" Occupy movement

pallidin

as long as there is an agency who also monitors political extremes (like the FBI) they will be monitored, now wether that is worthy of a free society that uphelds free speech is a different story.

• Like 3

They're still doing it ,because occupy has gone underground ,but is still very active .

They literally,two days ago ,went looking for an acquaintance of mine ,in Manhattan .

They banged on every door in his apt building . I'm seeing them tomorrow,so I may have more details then .

It's wrong ,and they do it because occupy makes them all look bad.

If the FBI wasn't monitoring a group containing members who were making death threats I'd be more troubled than if they were. Good on them.

• Like 4

Well, the FBI monitors any perceived threats. They monitored the hell out of John Lennon.

Anyone who advocates peace or helping his fellow man usually gets capped. George Carlin had it right.

• Like 2

Well, the FBI monitors any perceived threats. They monitored the hell out of John Lennon.

Anyone who advocates peace or helping his fellow man usually gets capped. George Carlin had it right.

I think the FBI needs to reevaluate what constitutes a threat.. and to whom. We don't need agencies protecting only part of the public .

• Like 1

I think the FBI needs to reevaluate what constitutes a threat.. and to whom. We don't need agencies protecting only part of the public .

They think the Quakers are a threat I guess those that ask for peace in the eyes of the FBI are terrorist, This is why I would only go with the BAU division of the FBI. The rest of them can go **** it since they don't serve the public anymore only the powers that be.

Peace be with you Lightly and have a marry Christmas. :santa:

They think the Quakers are a threat I guess those that ask for peace in the eyes of the FBI are terrorist, This is why I would only go with the BAU division of the FBI. The rest of them can go **** it since they don't serve the public anymore only the powers that be.

Peace be with you Lightly and have a marry Christmas. :santa:

Thank You! ... and you too Ryinrea

• Like 1

Socrates

Which members of OWS were making death threats? To whom?

The government works to protect business, not citizens. This country has all the trappings of a police state, and the staged events of 11 September has just made it worse. No more Fourth Amendment, no more Habeas Corpus, a CEO who claims the authority to assassinate whoever he wishes anytime he wants.

Yeah, we're there.

• Like 1

I'm sure a movement that has garnered 7,719 arrests in less than a year and a half gives the FBI substantial reasons to monitor. It's a good thing too. They already thwarted an attempt by occupiers to blow up a bridge last year. Many of the protests have been violent and uncivilized.

http://occupyarrests.moonfruit.com/

• Like 2

Which members of OWS were making death threats? To whom?

Well let's see, there were quite a few signs which I'm sure you have seen. Then there was threats on Twitter, and emails. So was it definitely OWS doing it? Probably, it's in line with the rest of the violence, and definitely in line with people thinking with 1 percent of their brain. So...worth investigating.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1011/65307.html

The government works to protect business, not citizens. This country has all the trappings of a police state, and the staged events of 11 September has just made it worse. No more Fourth Amendment, no more Habeas Corpus, a CEO who claims the authority to assassinate whoever he wishes anytime he wants.

No need to derail this topic with your inaccurate, paranoid theories about 9/11. Danke.

Well let's see, there were quite a few signs which I'm sure you have seen. Then there was threats on Twitter, and emails. So was it definitely OWS doing it? Probably, it's in line with the rest of the violence, and definitely in line with people thinking with 1 percent of their brain. So...worth investigating.

http://www.politico....1011/65307.html

No need to derail this topic with your inaccurate, paranoid theories about 9/11. Danke.

Oh, I see! Those tweets and such were PROBABLY from OWS. Man alive, I guess you're on the inside, holding all that PROBABLE knowledge.

And in the meantime, the Fourth Amendment is just a huge pain in the ****, eh?

Bitte schoen. I would not want to upset your world view by injecting even an IOTA of truth. It is views like yours that makes the government proud.

All those dangerous folks at OWS present quite a threat to you, eh? :cry:

• Like 1

Oh, I see! Those tweets and such were PROBABLY from OWS. Man alive, I guess you're on the inside, holding all that PROBABLE knowledge.

The dismissing evidence game is a great one to play, Babe. Just don’t expect to look very credible while you do it.

http://www.thoughtsfromaconservativemom.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/1005111718.jpg

Bitte schoen. I would not want to upset your world view by injecting even an IOTA of truth. It is views like yours that makes the government proud.

No, the government generally doesn’t like libertarians. Just because I’m not silly enough to believe a bunch of tripe designed to make me look stupid doesn’t mean I’m a government stooge. I know you think you’re a crusader for truth, but you’re really just a distraction.

All those dangerous folks at OWS present quite a threat to you, eh?

You really don’t know anything about all the violence the Occupy movement touched off? Or better yet, you probably do and are ignoring it.

Edited by socrates.junior
  • Like 1

Then hurricane "S"andy occupied the very place where the first protesters were driven away by the status quo.

Let the FBI investigate, because what they will find, is safety for the 100%.

The dismissing evidence game is a great one to play, Babe. Just don’t expect to look very credible while you do it.

http://www.thoughtsf.../1005111718.jpg

No, the government generally doesn’t like libertarians. Just because I’m not silly enough to believe a bunch of tripe designed to make me look stupid doesn’t mean I’m a government stooge. I know you think you’re a crusader for truth, but you’re really just a distraction.

You really don’t know anything about all the violence the Occupy movement touched off? Or better yet, you probably do and are ignoring it.

Well, the trouble is that I personally know a handful of the OWS types. Not in New York, but in Florida. And they are to a person nonviolent regular folks. Some with jobs, some not.

Is it possible that there are some violent members? Of course.

Is it possible that there are some agent provacateurs planted by NYPD or other government agencies? Of course.

So, your fear of people openly advocating for change, and petitioning their government for change in lawful ways, is noted. Please take solace in your beneficent government, and enjoy the holidays.

• Like 2

Well, the trouble is that I personally know a handful of the OWS types. Not in New York, but in Florida. And they are to a person nonviolent regular folks. Some with jobs, some not.

Well as long as you know them...well that takes care of all of them! The whole movement is filled with peaceful regular folks! All of them! Except that's just silly.

Is it possible that there are some violent members? Of course.

Woah, is that an admission of possibility? See, I would have thought that death threats would've indicated more of "There are some violent members." But at least we have the possibility open now.

Is it possible that there are some agent provacateurs planted by NYPD or other government agencies? Of course.

Is it possible that the aliens helped start the Occupy movement? TO pay us back for not actually landing on the moon, while shooting JFK from the grassy knoll, while finding Atlantis? Of course it's possible.

So, your fear of people openly advocating for change, and petitioning their government for change in lawful ways, is noted. Please take solace in your beneficent government, and enjoy the holidays.

No, I have no fear of simple open lawful advocation for change. I have a bit of pity for the misguided aims of the Occupy movement, but that's all. It is when people are violent, break the law, mess up cities, and act like hooligans that I have a problem.

And while it's adorable to inaccurately paint me as someone who loves the government, it's also inaccurate and puerile. So put on your big boy pants, admit when you're wrong, and man up.

• Like 1

When Heaven stands with you, the curtains open and the light comes from the stage. It does not fall upon it.

So if any darkness surrounds us, what does it matter? The darker the night, the brighter the stars become.

Edited by Raptor Witness
  • Like 1

Well as long as you know them...well that takes care of all of them! The whole movement is filled with peaceful regular folks! All of them! Except that's just silly.

Woah, is that an admission of possibility? See, I would have thought that death threats would've indicated more of "There are some violent members." But at least we have the possibility open now.

Is it possible that the aliens helped start the Occupy movement? TO pay us back for not actually landing on the moon, while shooting JFK from the grassy knoll, while finding Atlantis? Of course it's possible.

No, I have no fear of simple open lawful advocation for change. I have a bit of pity for the misguided aims of the Occupy movement, but that's all. It is when people are violent, break the law, mess up cities, and act like hooligans that I have a problem.

And while it's adorable to inaccurately paint me as someone who loves the government, it's also inaccurate and puerile. So put on your big boy pants, admit when you're wrong, and man up.

No, can't do that Socrates. The sentiment that drives OWS--that Wall Street literally controls the government--is valid. All sorts of evidence exists over the last 10 years or more to validate that sentiment that it cannot all be listed here. The crowning achievement was the TARP fiasco, but there are statements from numerous congressmen to that effect--government is run by and for Wall Street. Not Main Street.

You are certainly entitled to your prejudices and views, just as I am. That you are fearful of people advocating for change by exercising their constitutional rights tells me all I need to know about your views, and where your head and heart are.

So what ever happened to OWS?

Someone here said that they went "underground"

Obviously Wall Street has a serious problem with ripping people-off and also truly bizzare domestic/international monetary trade practices which have resulted in several federal indictments.

Not ALL of Wall Street, of course.

No, can't do that Socrates. The sentiment that drives OWS--that Wall Street literally controls the government--is valid. All sorts of evidence exists over the last 10 years or more to validate that sentiment that it cannot all be listed here. The crowning achievement was the TARP fiasco, but there are statements from numerous congressmen to that effect--government is run by and for Wall Street. Not Main Street.

You are certainly entitled to your prejudices and views, just as I am. That you are fearful of people advocating for change by exercising their constitutional rights tells me all I need to know about your views, and where your head and heart are.

The main problem I have with OWS is exactly what I said...they're misguided. I've seen almost every single thing under the sun demanded so far.

http://coupmedia.org/occupy-demands-2009

Here, we have a good start, campaign reform, end the Fed, end the war on drugs. All lessening government intervention. But then, it suddenly wants more government intervention with environmental demands, gender pay demands etcs. It's a schizophrenic list.

Other places I disagree even more with them. Income redistribution, forgiveness of student loans, more and better jobs. I mean, I'm sorry that the art history degree from the private college didn't work...I really am. But maybe they should get their head on straight and realize that they shouldn't get money for being educated. It isn't completely their fault that they think that. It's a more systemic problem. They've been told it all their lives. Which is why I come back to the fact that OWS is a misguided movement.

• Like 4

What I don't get here, what I don't understand, is, if Wall Street controls the government, why does Obama seem so supportive of it (the OWS I mean)? I don't have as much of a problem thinking that the super-rich (like Soros and the Rothschilds, etc.) control the government. As Amschel Rothschild is quoted as saying, "give me control of a nation's money supply, and I care not who makes its laws".

Edited by Gummug

What I don't get here, what I don't understand, is, if Wall Street controls the government, why does Obama seem so supportive of it (the OWS I mean)? I don't have as much of a problem thinking that the super-rich (like Soros and the Rothschilds, etc.) control the government. As Amschel Rothschild is quoted as saying, "give me control of a nation's money supply, and I care not who makes its laws".

Don't know? It appears that you think Obama ACTUALLY supports OWS, but the record shows that his DHS and his FBI were infiltrating and manipulating the people in the movement.

Obama is an agent of the status quo, nothing more. Even as a Senator he voted for immunity for the telecom criminals who did the dirty work for Bush's NSA.

The main problem I have with OWS is exactly what I said...they're misguided. I've seen almost every single thing under the sun demanded so far.

http://coupmedia.org...py-demands-2009

Here, we have a good start, campaign reform, end the Fed, end the war on drugs. All lessening government intervention. But then, it suddenly wants more government intervention with environmental demands, gender pay demands etcs. It's a schizophrenic list.

Other places I disagree even more with them. Income redistribution, forgiveness of student loans, more and better jobs. I mean, I'm sorry that the art history degree from the private college didn't work...I really am. But maybe they should get their head on straight and realize that they shouldn't get money for being educated. It isn't completely their fault that they think that. It's a more systemic problem. They've been told it all their lives. Which is why I come back to the fact that OWS is a misguided movement.

There was a time in the OWS movement that the media's biggest complaint against them was that they did not offer any 'demands', they did not offer any specifics in their 'petition' to the government. And it seemed a fairly accurate criticism to me--they were rather vague.

But as time went on, some specific points were developed. Personally, I'm sympathetic to the demand for forgiveness of college loans. Those loans are very similar to the fraudulent loans made to so many in the housing market.

Anyway, I'm sympathetic to the movement because I know that the tail is indeed wagging the dog. By way of TARP, almost countless wars brought under fraud, fracking being exempted from the Clean Water Act regulations, and on and on, government serves the corporate structure, and the common man is utterly disregarded and overtaxed. The rule of law is history in this country.