Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Similarly Between Ancient Carvings: Atlantis?

skywizard

On the lighter side, I also chuckled at the chronic astonishment over buckets. That diverse ancient cultures might have shared similar-looking icons is hardly something shocking, and it certainly doesn't suggest fanciful notions of alien visitors or a great, lost "mother culture."

Absolutely not.

However, it does suggest that even way back then, just like today, people figured the world was going to hell in a handbucket.

Harte

post-135799-0-38550300-1356326503_thumb.

Above, the Olmecs aka Tulas. These statues supposedly are depicting their real stature or not so far from it and below you see a very odd object positioned at waist height, as fixed in a holster.

post-135799-0-18600800-1356326618_thumb.

According to Popol Vuh, Quetzalcoatl had provided powerful and unknown tools to Tulas that started a massive work of mining in the Andes, extracting tons of gold and other metals. This is sounding like the mining activity of the Babylonian deities, reported in the Sumerian Genesis Enuma Elish. Supposedly these mighty tools were used to cut the monster cornerstones that were used to build the stunning Aztec and Mayans urban centers.

Abe's right, you've got this completely scrambled. The sculptures above are Toltec, from Mexico, circa 800-1000 CE. well after Plato himself. Tula was their capital. The Olmec were much earlier, the Aztecs, much later. None of them were associated with the Andes any more than the Maya.

Those doohickeys BTW are consistent with atlatls.

That is really is no connection to Plato`s Atlantis:) :)

what, you think Plato was more of a Tom Selleck fan?

This could prove, especially to me, that our ancestors may have come from a common land source (Atlantis)

Well, I support the view to separate the search for common root cultures from the Atlantis question, because:

How did such a common root culture hand down its heritage into Plato's account?

This is unreasonable.

Plato's Atlantis was -- if it existed -- not the root of all cultures. This is simply not what Plato described. This in only, what so many crackpots wrote about Atlantis. And does anybody want to be a crackpot, here?

• Like 1

Plato's Atlantis was -- if it existed -- not the root of all cultures. This is simply not what Plato described. This in only, what so many crackpots wrote about Atlantis. And does anybody want to be a crackpot, here?

You kiddin'?

Half this site is crackpot wannabes.

So, wrong question.

Harte

This in only, what so many crackpots wrote about Atlantis. And does anybody want to be a crackpot, here?

I'm new here and have a lot to learn as you can see by some of my posts. I've just retired and had to keep all this to myself because of where I'm from they would call you crazy or lock you in a nut house if you tried to discuss stuff like this.

I didn't mention anything about Plato but I did Atlantis (which I probably shouldn't have). I think there was a land mass that sunk (only my opinion) in the Atlantic with different cultures that knew of their demise and like the song says some were smart enough to leave (only my opinion).

As for the thread from ATS I posted I was just interested in the similarities of the purses, handbags, the grapes, pinecones whatever and how they were found in different parts around the world. I tried to explain this in part of my post #23 (below).

post #23:

I was mainly interested in the photos, which leads me to the point I was trying to make in my thread. The similarity between not only in ancient carvings but similarities in general (pyramids, sky or star Gods myths, etc. from one side of the world to the other). I know this is not hardly something shocking but I thought I would hear or learn about some new similarities that I haven’t heard of or read about.

Like I said I have a lot to learn about starting a thread and posting.

So, if this quote was aimed towards me you may need to read the rules again, like rule 3e & 3f.

If I’m out of line here or misinterpreted it wrong I truly apologize…

~skywizard

Edited by skywizard

You kiddin'?

Half this site is crackpot wannabes.

So, wrong question.

No, not wrong question.

Nobody thinks himself to be a crackpot, everybody wants to be reasonable.

It's just a hint: Look, this seems unreasonable, don't be a crackpot!

(... and I wrote this with some irony, too)

I'm new here and have a lot to learn as you can see by some of my posts.

I welcome the attitude of learning!

Learning is exactly the opposite of "crackpottery".

Solon himself claimed to be a lifelong learning man.