Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Did Egyptians Vote for Islamic state?

and-then

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-20834904

Well, as I expected, the new constitution in Egypt appears to have been approved - not officially but all indications are that it will be. So what is next?

at a guess destruction of the sphinx etc because they are are insult to Islam, Sharia, strongarming their neighbours, less girls in school, more atrocities on the streets, eventual condemnation and involvement of foreign powers, rinse and repeat ad nauseum.

• Like 2

Through elections, 18.9% of Egypt's potential voters (.63 * .30) are imposing Sharia law on all Egyptians. And that's with the irregularities and accepting the state media reports. Democracy is so overrated. Democracy and "stability" both.

at a guess destruction of the sphinx etc because they are are insult to Islam, Sharia, strongarming their neighbours, less girls in school, more atrocities on the streets, eventual condemnation and involvement of foreign powers, rinse and repeat ad nauseum.

Maybe not just yet WoH - at least we can hope not. The movement was real in February. It was an expression of a desire to be free and somewhat more closely associated with western ideals, I think. At any rate I think Morsi's bunch isn't in for a cake walk. Egyptians are a proud and significantly educated people and they have seen what is happening in Syria as well as how the world is reacting to it. I think they may see this as a last chance for many years to actually breathe more freely and have some hope. Time will tell. I wish them the best.
  • Like 2

Peace is not so common in the arab nations, it never was. They were all against each other all the time. Somehow I think that they need a change, but it's their religion, that destroys them from advancing to a better civilization. It's the barbaricness in them, they must go to war, perhaps it's because it's been like that since the beginning and it has never changed. So they are all acustom to war. It's sad to see civilisations like these that fail to uplift themselve to become better people. The only thing best to do is to stay out of their way, mind our own business and let them all take down each other, because that is their fate.

Grow up please! Islam ruled and governed the region Under the caliphate system till 1917 from the 7th century. If Islam propagated destroying temples, pyramids, statues, sphinx etc, then you there would have been no sign of them today! So don't be so sensationalist you sound like Fox news!

Grow up please! Islam ruled and governed the region Under the caliphate system till 1917 from the 7th century. If Islam propagated destroying temples, pyramids, statues, sphinx etc, then you there would have been no sign of them today! So don't be so sensationalist you sound like Fox news!

I didn't know the Taliban were real Baptists :w00t: Seriously though, Lion, I understand what you're saying but how do you explain the destruction of the Buddha's in Afghanistan? Part of Sharia is a rule against idols right? And spokesmen for the MB have already mentioned getting rid of these "idols" (pyramids) Those don't just belong to Egypt - they belong to the world, just like the other "wonders".

I didn't know the Taliban were real Baptists :w00t: Seriously though, Lion, I understand what you're saying but how do you explain the destruction of the Buddha's in Afghanistan? Part of Sharia is a rule against idols right? And spokesmen for the MB have already mentioned getting rid of these "idols" (pyramids) Those don't just belong to Egypt - they belong to the world, just like the other "wonders".

Oh the Taliban, that American creation to fight the russian might, ;)

What happened in afghanistan was done by nut cases Taliban or who ever did it. Islam ruled India the most pagan place on the planet and ruled afghanistan for about a 1000 years, nothing was destroyed in either place, it's a myth! What the Taliban did was wrong that action does not represent Islam or shariah!

What happened in afghanistan was done by nut cases Taliban or who ever did it. Islam ruled India the most pagan place on the planet and ruled afghanistan for about a 1000 years, nothing was destroyed in either place, it's a myth! What the Taliban did was wrong that action does not represent Islam or shariah!

What I read is basic anti-Americanism, if I remember right taliban were just too happy to get help from US to protect themselves from the soviets but hey then they started enforcing some silly rules like no education for girls and marriages a the age of 10... so yeah you're right.

What I read is basic anti-Americanism, if I remember right taliban were just too happy to get help from US to protect themselves from the soviets but hey then they started enforcing some silly rules like no education for girls and marriages a the age of 10... so yeah you're right.

Anti Americanism? Did I not state fact? The USA and Pakistan created the Taliban to take on the Russians. They dint need USA help they were coping before then, chechnyans face the same might of Russia and like Afghanistan they too fought them and still fight them.

As for the rest of your post.....it guess your a a prominent Fox news correspondent ;)

Problem is I don't watch news fox or any others. I do read and make comments based on research, like I was thought to do.. but hey ... what do I care.

Problem is I don't watch news fox or any others. I do read and make comments based on research, like I was thought to do.. but hey ... what do I care.

Well your first comment really does not illustrate that....

Well your first comment really does not illustrate that....

I always try to place myselt to the level of my interlocutor, which is not always easy. I getting old I can't bent very low anymore.

Then Sharia does not forbid the presence of idols? I'm not trying to be argumentative - I'm just a bit confused. I thought images of Muhammed and any other statues were strictly forbidden?

• 4 weeks later...

Saw some pictures from Tahrir (sp) Square today. Good luck Egypt. You guys are a shining example of what the rest of the world should be fighting for.

• Like 2

Saw some pictures from Tahrir (sp) Square today. Good luck Egypt. You guys are a shining example of what the rest of the world should be fighting for.

Seven dead so far and they still haven't tried those responsible for the deaths 2 years ago. Morsi will have to show restraint (hopefully) and the military will have to allow the protests within reason. I wish them well but I think that before the MB will allow themselves to be marginalized again they will kill very many. My prayers for Egypt.

Ten dead, 500 wounded according to the official ministry of health statement, which is habitually very conservative. Both the president and the prime minister were abroad yesterday. However in a demonstration of good, responsible governance Mursi tweeted his condolances!

Egypt's armed forces deployed troops in the city of Suez early on Saturday after nine people were shot dead during nationwide protests against President Mohamed Morsi, underlining the country's deep divisions as it marked the second anniversary of the uprising that toppled Hosni Mubarak.

Eight of the dead, including a policeman, were shot dead in Suez, and another was shot and killed in the city of Ismailia, medics said. Another 456 people were injured across Egypt, officials said, in unrest on Friday fueled by anger at Morsi and his Islamist allies over what the protesters see as their betrayal of the revolution.

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/01/26/16705250-egypt-deploys-troops-in-suez-amid-deadly-clashes?lite&ocid=msnhp&pos=1

21 sentenced to death over last years soccer stadium something or another. Still another 50 verdicts to come down. The sentences have to be approved by the high religious leader.

More fuel to an already hot fire.

21 sentenced to death over last years soccer stadium something or another. Still another 50 verdicts to come down. The sentences have to be approved by the high religious leader.

More fuel to an already hot fire.

According to an Egyptian member here that "something or other" was a trap that was set to attack a rival under the guise of football hooliganism. These trials are a continuation of that effort it seems. Soon there may be more dead from the protests of the trials than died in the actual event. Morsi is being tested and I hope that the protesters don't pay too high a price. Between this event and his idiotic public statements of late, I'm hoping he will implode politically and become less of a threat.